England v The Rest

Rudy T

Watching the "home" internationals and the England highlights over the past couple of nights, and wondered could the Irish (both) Wales and Scotland squads (the full squads not the depleted ones we've witnessed this week), put a combined 11 out good enough to beat England ?

Thoughts ??

Watching the "home" internationals and the England highlights over the past couple of nights, and wondered could the Irish (both) Wales and Scotland squads (the full squads not the depleted ones we've witnessed this week), put a combined 11 out good enough to beat England ?

Thoughts ??

it depends who would pick the team, and if it was the right blend, ie: flair players & grafters, Englands problems in the past and recent times is that they had a squad of superstars with super egos to stroke,so going on that I think you could pick a team to beat them. ps i would like it to be a team Scots though.

it depends who would pick the team, and if it was the right blend, ie: flair players & grafters, Englands problems in the past and recent times is that they had a squad of superstars with super egos to stroke,so going on that I think you could pick a team to beat them. ps i would like it to be a team Scots though.

Looking at the squads with notable exceptions such as Bale, I think we could make up a fair proportion of the team ? SAF to pick "The Rest" team ??

Walter Bishop

England v The rest? Why not individually, Scotland would give England a good game just now. We have alot of talented YOUNG players.

gordon/given

hutton hughes dunne wallace

davis adam fletcher ramsey bale

keane

pretty strong team

4/5 from scotland

2/3 from ROI

2 from wales

2 from NI

hat is quite a fruitful front line, more goals in it than Englands. Normally id say Englasnd would have a much stronger centre back pairing, but we are in transition righ now with the old guard not having natural heirs just yet. I disagree though that Scotland on thir own are equal as yet. Of course Scotland would give England a good game, they always do. But the young prospects for Scotland are in my opinion not as good as Englands in terms of Dorrans, Snodgrass etc vs Wilshere, Johnson etc

gordon/given

bardsley hughes dunne wallace

keane

pretty strong team

4/5 from scotland

2/3 from ROI

2 from wales

2 from NI

Hutton great going forward!

Absolute nightmare defensively!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Given

Hutton Dunne Collins Bale

Davis Fletcher Adam Ramsey Bellamy

Miller

A lot of pace in the side, especially out wide which would be useful in pinning back the England full backs. Miller would run all game and would be too quick for the England centre backs. Reckon it's a good enough team to beat England.

Forgot Robbie Keane :lol:. Would probably put him in ahead of Miller but he would do the same sort of job.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

You'd have to go Doyle up front, the guy is quality.

Forgot about him too. There's too many good players in midfield and up front to all fit them into the one side. Doyle may not score many goals but he does a hell of a lot of work for the team.

no better than Miller

I disagree, Doyle is a Premiership quality striker who i think will go on to bigger things than Wolves and far surpass Miller, who for me, never did the business in the top flight down south.

BIG TIME

Both similar players - not much to choose between them

Doyle is far more of a physical presence and works defenders just as much. His hold up play is superb and he's pretty quick too. He's far better than Miller.

I disagree, Doyle is a Premiership quality striker who i think will go on to bigger things than Wolves and far surpass Miller, who for me, never did the business in the top flight down south.

Wolves.

Championship team very soon

:vrface:

Have you seen them play this season, or at all with Doyle upfront?

Yes good wins v Man City, United and Liverpool (maybe it was Chelsea) but they are int eh relegation zone.

Doyle is a good player, but so is Miller. He proves it consistantly at International level and is now proving it in Turkey.

Shan chat to even consider having to team up to take England on.

Exactly!!!!

The oldest football International has been won 4 more times by England.

We can take them

Yes good wins v Man City, United and Liverpool (maybe it was Chelsea) but they are int eh relegation zone.

Doyle is a good player, but so is Miller. He proves it consistantly at International level and is now proving it in Turkey.

That's not because of Doyle. By that logic Miller is bad because he went down with Derby.

Doyle is a superior player, he's played longer at higher level than Miller has. He's proved his worth to both club and country with years of consistent performances. He's much better.

i dont see your point about Wolves league position.what I am sayin is that he is better than his club level suggests and in my opinion will prove as such.

Doyle

2002?2003 St Patrick's Athletic 10 (0)

2003?2005 Cork City 76 (25)

2005?2009 Reading 155 (55)

2009? Wolverhampton Wanderers 54 (12)

National team?

2002?2005 Republic of Ireland U21 11 (6)

2006? Republic of Ireland 41 (9

107 career goals (25 for Cork City) and 6 at under 21

Kenny Miller

1998?2000 Hibernian 45 (12)

1998?1999 ? Stenhousemuir (loan) 11 (8)

2000?2001 Rangers 30 (8)

2001 ? Wolverhampton Wanderers (loan) 5 (2)

2001?2006 Wolverhampton Wanderers 162 (50)

2006?2007 Celtic 33 (7)

2007?2008 Derby County 30 (4)

2008?2011 Rangers 81 (49)

2011? Bursaspor 3 (3)

Scotland 53 (14)

So superior on all fronts (but is 4 years older)

Yes but our point was that he has played at the top level longer than Miller. Im afraid none of those stats will convince me Miller is a better player and Im not even sure they do.

Yes but our point was that he has played at the top level longer than Miller. Im afraid none of those stats will convince me Miller is a better player and Im not even sure they do.

I said that there was nothing between them and people are talking like Miller is Derek Townsley and Doyle is Pele.

Get a grip people. Doyle is good and Miller is good.

Never understood the Miller bashing. Cracking player

I'm surprised so many are going for the Dunne/Collins combination.

If England play Crouch maybe.

I think fit and on form Webster and Berra would give them a very good run for their money.

:rofl:

i8, you don't have a clue.

Shit, that's me told.

Do you want the mods to rename this forum LPjambo91 kickback?

The White Cockade

gordon/given

hutton hughes dunne wallace

keane

Really?

Archived