Exciting Times....A look to the Future...

Troon Jambo

It would appear that we may be entering somewhat of a golden era at Tynecastle over the next couple of years. There seems to be a degree of stability about the club with VR allowing a manager he trusts to make the decisions and giving him the backing to build a team while maintaining a level of prudence with wages being paid. There is a much stronger Scottish involvement and it would seem there are some exciting prospects. Attendances remain high, particularly in light of our competitors and we have several assets on the palying staff that will inevitably be cashed in on in the not too distant future.

Here are a list of players that I expect to see us build around and feature in the First Team Squad over the next 3 seasons and a list of those who will be moved on at a profit. Others will simply be released or move on for a better chance at first team football.

Goalkeepers

Kello, Ridgers, Fairley

Defenders

Webster, Zaliukas, Craig Thompson, McGowan (2), Hamilton (2), Park, Deland, Barr, McHattie

Midfielders

Skacel,Black, Stevenson, Novikovas, Holt, Prychenko, Jonnsson, Suso, Mrowiec, Mulrooney, Danny Thomson

Strikers

Kyle, Elliot, Elliott, Robinson, Ogleby, King, Walker, Morton

Possible signings

Bryson, Clarkson, McGuire

Sold

Wallace, Driver, Templeton

Fall out of picture/Move on...

Balogh, McDonald, Bouzid, Kucharski, Palazuleous, Obua, Mole, Glen

Be interested in some positive thoughts about our furture....

Problem Officer?

Sounds reasonable.

And I really do hope you're right about us entering a "Golden Era", and I just hope we can win at least 1 trophy before Jefferies retires in the future - there's just something about having an old/experienced manager at the helm, especially somebody so passionate about their club.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Prob off'

I absolutely LOVE having JJ back at the club... Just feels right, I think he said that he might be interested in staying in the game longer than his originally quoted 2 years, if I had my way I would just encourage him to go on with us until he drops. ;)

Charlie-Brown

It would appear that we may be entering somewhat of a golden era at Tynecastle over the next couple of years. There seems to be a degree of stability about the club with VR allowing a manager he trusts to make the decisions and giving him the backing to build a team while maintaining a level of prudence with wages being paid. There is a much stronger Scottish involvement and it would seem there are some exciting prospects. Attendances remain high, particularly in light of our competitors and we have several assets on the palying staff that will inevitably be cashed in on in the not too distant future.

Here are a list of players that I expect to see us build around and feature in the First Team Squad over the next 3 seasons and a list of those who will be moved on at a profit. Others will simply be released or move on for a better chance at first team football.

Goalkeepers

Kello, Ridgers, Fairley

Defenders

Webster, Zaliukas, Craig Thompson, McGowan (2), Hamilton (2), Park, Deland, Barr, McHattie

Midfielders

Skacel,Black, Stevenson, Novikovas, Holt, Prychenko, Jonnsson, Suso, Mrowiec, Mulrooney, Danny Thomson

Strikers

Possible signings

Bryson, Clarkson, McGuire

Sold

Wallace, Driver, Templeton

Fall out of picture/Move on...

Balogh, McDonald, Bouzid, Kucharski, Palazuleous, Obua, Mole, Glen

Be interested in some positive thoughts about our furture....

Are these your suggested possible signings or Jim Jefferies actual targets? We might possibly sign 1 of these 3 players although if we didn't sign any of them it wouldn't surprise me.

really hope ur right about the golden era in th nxt couple of years ive heard tht prychenko a holt r both brilliant prospects

the only thing that should be on romanov's agenda right now is to persuade jefferies to stay on for another three years after his current deal ends. rip up the current deal and sign him up to end of season 14/15.

without jefferies we go back into the unknown.

Charlie-Brown

the only thing that should be on romanov's agenda right now is to persuade jefferies to stay on for another three years after his current deal ends. rip up the current deal and sign him up to end of season 14/15.

without jefferies we go back into the unknown.

The future's always unknown and uncertain though Vic, okay broad trends are predictable like the Uglies hoover up most trophies and Hearts cycle between being a midtable and top 3 team with the odd cup run to Hampden every now and again but if you take the 12 years since winning the cup in 1998 could anybody have predicted all the various highs & lows and headlines of those 12 years? But at the end of it i suppose you can say it's be an extra-ordinary yet somehow typical Hearts decade ........... though we sometimes go down we can aye come back up. :)

The future's always unknown and uncertain though Vic, okay broad trends are predictable like the Uglies hoover up most trophies and Hearts cycle between being a midtable and top 3 team with the odd cup run to Hampden every now and again but if you take the 12 years since winning the cup in 1998 could anybody have predicted all the various highs & lows and headlines of those 12 years? But at the end of it i suppose you can say it's be an extra-ordinary yet somehow typical Hearts decade ........... though we sometimes go down we can aye come back up. :)

it's a very good point and one that should be kept in mind when we all reminisce about the romanov years.

the romanov era (04/05 - 10/11) is absolutely no different to any other similar length of era in recent history in terms of league placing fluctuation, cup success/failure and european exploits. it's no better and no worse than basically any other time, perhaps excluding the actual scottish cup wins from two distinctly different eras.

if people were to closely examine the record books in years to come they would simply see the normal fluctuating fortunes of a football club and a normal longer term trend of being an average 4th place finish and a cup every 10-30 years, as well as playing in europe every 2-3 years on average.

we all know the finer details of this era of course and it seems like an entire history all by itself.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

We have a manager who has won us a cup from another era, an owner who financed a cup win and 2nd place finish in this era, a couple of cup winning players, a coach who played a big part as captain in a cup winning season and a fanbase that in the greater part remembers at least two cup wins.

I just see us winning another one reasonably soon.

We have a manager who has won us a cup from another era, an owner who financed a cup win and 2nd place finish in this era, a couple of cup winning players, a coach who played a big part as captain in a cup winning season and a fanbase that in the greater part remembers at least two cup wins.

I just see us winning another one reasonably soon.

you would think so moff. we happen to be in the worst scottish cup run that i can remember in all the time i've followed hearts. :(

hopefully we're at the end of it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Depends if you count winning the thing twice in the last 14 years though.

I just think it will happen again reasonably soon... If vlad and Jim are both still hungry for it that is.

<br />Prob off'

I absolutely LOVE having JJ back at the club... Just feels right, I think he said that he might be interested in staying in the game longer than his originally quoted 2 years, if I had my way I would just encourage him to go on with us until he drops.

Can you imagine what he'd be like as a normal Jambo sitting in the stands with the rest of us? He'd last about 5 minutes before they chucked him out for leaping around like a nutjob. :)

Maybe a padded section of the directors box would be better...

Depends if you count winning the thing twice in the last 14 years though.

I just think it will happen again reasonably soon... If vlad and Jim are both still hungry for it that is.

depends what term you look at.

2 cup wins in 14 seasons is tremendous. 1 cup final in 13 seasons is normal.

zero cup semi finals in 5 seasons is awful compared to our normal trend. it's hopefully a blip.

Jim built his '98 cup winning team not over-night, but over a period of three years:

He inherited McPherson and Robertson, and brought on Naysmith, Ritchie and Murray.

In his first season, 1995/96 he then brought in Rousset, Fulton and latterly, Cameron.

For 96/97, he purchased Weir, McCann, Salvatori and Hamilton.

Then in 1997/98, he completed the jigsaw with the signings of Thomas Flogel and Stephane Adam.

Fourteen cup medal winners, plus club captain Gary Locke who missed out through injury.

All that time, he was building, waiting, winning games, getting closer, playing good football and earning plaudits. Then came 16.5.98.

Now, roll on 2011, 2012, 2013.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Jim built his '98 cup winning team not over-night, but over a period of three years:

He inherited McPherson and Robertson, and brought on Naysmith, Ritchie and Murray.

In his first season, 1995/96 he then brought in Rousset, Fulton and latterly, Cameron.

For 96/97, he purchased Weir, McCann, Salvatori and Hamilton.

Then in 1997/98, he completed the jigsaw with the signings of Thomas Flogel and Stephane Adam.

Fourteen cup medal winners, plus club captain Gary Locke who missed out through injury.

All that time, he was building, waiting, winning games, getting closer, playing good football and earning plaudits. Then came 16.5.98.

Now, roll on 2011, 2012, 2013.

:thumbsup:

tartofmidlothian

Agree with the OP, it's nice to look at Hearts and see a team again rather than just a bunch of players. Also mostly agree with his squad assessment. Couple of thoughts:

Zaliukas: Don't know why, but I suspect the terms of his new deal mean we'll go soft if a big club comes in with a decent offer. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at a lower EPL, upper Championship club for a million or two in the summer. Or for Webster and an on-form Barr to be the core of our defence in a year.

Bouzid: Think he wants to go in the summer and I'm not fussed now we have Webster.

Palazuelos: Wouldn't mind him staying, but he'll probably need to take a hefty pay cut. Think he'll move on.

Balogh: He'll be gone summertime-ish.

Stevenson: A good player, but not a great one right now. He'll get the extra year, but maybe no more if he doesn't start to force his way into the starting XI.

Skacel: Likewise. Think we'll take him up on the extra year, but perhaps not any more unless he's still playing very well.

Elliot: Won't be here long term. Ideally he'll end up at a decent club for a reasonable fee, ?100-?250k, something like that.

Wallace, Temps and Driver: The most likely to be sold soon is Wallace, maybe in the summer. Think Temps needs to make more of an impression and Driver needs to prove his fitness, wouldn't be surprised if one or both isn't here for another year or even eighteen months now.

Strikers

Ogleby has scored for the welsh u21s tonight.

Prob off'

I absolutely LOVE having JJ back at the club... Just feels right, I think he said that he might be interested in staying in the game longer than his originally quoted 2 years, if I had my way I would just encourage him to go on with us until he drops. ;)

Am I right in thinking he said he'd retire when he leaves hearts?

Looking forward to the next few years with JJ at the helm, one thing Suso will not be hear next year as he wants to go back to spain as his family don't like Scotland. Think we will have temps for atleast 2 more years and the future is looking good.

Archived