Darren Barr

Hansel

So Make Some Noise..

I was pretty excited about seeing this lad in a hearts jersey and have always stuck up for him when ive heard folk say hes shite...then I travelled to motherwell on a miserable tuesday night and oh dear god he was awful....in the first half, obviously got a rollocking at half time and came out to put in a stormer of a performance second half....Still tho, dunno why JJ doesnt rate him as a CB, in my opinion, just like pressley, he is (and could actually be a class act) CB for us.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Every chance Barr and Webster will be the central defensive pairing next season

Bouzid looks set to be away and Zalukas makes basic mistakes in every game he plays for Hearts .

Barr just has to knuckle down and work hard and take his chance when it comes along , it was not so long ago he was called up to the Scotland squad

I was pretty excited about seeing this lad in a hearts jersey and have always stuck up for him when ive heard folk say hes shite...then I travelled to motherwell on a miserable tuesday night and oh dear god he was awful....in the first half, obviously got a rollocking at half time and came out to put in a stormer of a performance second half....Still tho, dunno why JJ doesnt rate him as a CB, in my opinion, just like pressley, he is (and could actually be a class act) CB for us.

Yip, Barr still has a lot to prove, and now Webster will push him down the pecking order.

Maybe he will need to wait till next season unless someone gets injured.

I agree with what you said about his performance vs Motherwell at right back.

He was poor at CH vs Falkirk in the cup, and maybe the pressure of going back to the ground of a former club was too much. The team were down to 10 men for a long spell in that game though; which would have made things tough.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Can't see Zal making way for him

He's about our best player and captain into the bargain.

Come on Zalukas loses concentration all the time , the mistakes he makes go unpunished due to the quality of teams we play most weeks , he is very average at best just becasuse he is a captain does not make him our best player which he is far from

portobellojambo1

Yip, Barr still has a lot to prove, and now Webster will push him down the pecking order.

Maybe he will need to wait till next season unless someone gets injured.

I agree with what you said about his performance vs Motherwell at right back.

He was poor at CH vs Falkirk in the cup, and maybe the pressure of going back to the ground of a former club was too much. The team were down to 10 men for a long spell in that game though; which would have made things tough.

The whole back line was poor that night, but Darren Barr carried the can in the eyes of the fans. I thought he did no better or worse than those around him in 1st half that night.

I agree with someone else earlier in the thread, I think he could make a good foil for Webster in the centre of defence, if Bouzid leaves at end of season (no idea what plans Zaliukas has or Hearts have for him mind you, in as much as I have no idea if he will be with us next season)

Archived