Best Fhans in the world?

Toxteth O'Grady

Toxteth O'Grady

A crowd of just 3,561 witnessed the 3-0 victory over Gretna at Almondvale on Sunday ? a record low attendance for a game involving Celtic in recent years.

:sad:

A crowd of just 3,561 witnessed the 3-0 victory over Gretna at Almondvale on Sunday ? a record low attendance for a game involving Celtic in recent years.

:sad:

Personally, I blame the Gretna fan for not showing up...:rolleyes:

Toxteth O'Grady
Personally, I blame the Gretna fan for not showing up...:rolleyes:

He was at a wedding

Nucky Thompson

And it was a must win game to close the gap to 3 points before the OF derby next week. All the high profile mhank supporters will be out in the press saying that the game up here is holding them back and they need to move down south:mw_rolleyes:

Toxteth O'Grady
And it was a must win game to close the gap to 3 points before the OF derby next week. All the high profile mhank supporters will be out in the press saying that the game up here is holding them back and they need to move down south:mw_rolleyes:

I really wish they would, and take their Govan friends with them.

Chad Sexington
I really wish they would, and take their Govan friends with them.

Why would the English want to invite that shower of bigoted, smelly cavemen to their set-up?

They don't need them and they don't want them. The OF know that now and they are gutted.

Toxteth O'Grady
Why would the English want to invite that shower of bigoted, smelly cavemen to their set-up?

They don't need them and they don't want them. The OF know that now and they are gutted.

Yeh it's unfortunate it will probably never happen.

I noticed their ground was half empty for the cup tie against the Sheep too, what has happened to the Seville 200,000?

You can have a go at the Mhanks all you like - but in all fairness, the real bad egg in this scenario are Gretna.

Now more than ever they need the backing of their fans..... of that 3561 crowd, i doubt many more than 561 (and i'm probably flattering assuming theyd even have that many) were Gretna fans.

Where are all the thousands of "supporters" who came to watch their team at Hampden on Cup Final day??? These are the folk that should be dragging their @rses out again and helping their club in its hour of need.

Gretna, and its "support" are a disgrace and the sooner they go bust the better.

On a serious note though, that does look very poor and there must surely be an explanation ?

The ground could AND PROBABLY SHOULD have been a full of the mhanky sods so I wonder if somebody c0cked up the ticket allocation / information. I'm sure somebody will claim the game was shifted 'at very short notice' :blah: but Motherwell to Livi should have been a doddle in travel terms ?

Easter Sunday ..............would that have made a difference, I doubt it ;)

Toxteth O'Grady
You can have a go at the Mhanks all you like - but in all fairness, the real bad egg in this scenario are Gretna.

Now more than ever they need the backing of their fans..... of that 3561 crowd, i doubt many more than 561 (and i'm probably flattering assuming theyd even have that many) were Gretna fans.

Where are all the thousands of "supporters" who came to watch their team at Hampden on Cup Final day??? These are the folk that should be dragging their @rses out again and helping their club in its hour of need.

Gretna, and its "support" are a disgrace and the sooner they go bust the better.

Gretna don't really have any fans that is a big part of their problem.

They had reasonable attendances when they were playing at home and winning every week scoring loads of goals, winning promotions and getting to a Cup Final. But they were not hardcore fans who would spend a lot of money or travel far to see them when they stepped up into the SPL and stopped winning all the time.

I was just having a go at the Mhanks because they claim to be the best fans in the world yet less than 10% of their season ticket holders could be bothered to go to a game 20 miles away.

marshallschunkychicken

To be fair to Gretna, speaking to Gretna 'fans' in the pubs around the ground after the match that day revealed that the large majority of those there were in fact Rangers, Celtic, Motherwell etc fans who wanted to see us fail.

shaun.lawson
Gretna don't really have any fans that is a big part of their problem.

They had reasonable attendances when they were playing at home and winning every week scoring loads of goals, winning promotions and getting to a Cup Final. But they were not hardcore fans who would spend a lot of money or travel far to see them when they stepped up into the SPL and stopped winning all the time.

I was just having a go at the Mhanks because they claim to be the best fans in the world yet less than 10% of their season ticket holders could be bothered to go to a game 20 miles away.

It probably didn't help that the game was, on police advice, all ticket. Yes, that's right: Gretna frantically need money, but they make it an all-ticket game. Unbelievable.

Toxteth O'Grady
It probably didn't help that the game was, on police advice, all ticket. Yes, that's right: Gretna frantically need money, but they make it an all-ticket game. Unbelievable.

I should imagine that all games involving either of the OF will always be all ticket for "securty" reasons.

Yea, it's a disgrace to come from a small town/village and to have a football team.

Only a city should have a football team, and only if they can get a big crowd.

:rolleyes:

shaun.lawson
I should imagine that all games involving either of the OF will always be all ticket for "securty" reasons.

They are. But bearing in mind the late shift in venue, the genuine doubts over whether Gretna would even be in existence by the time the game was played, and their desperate need for cash, I'd have at least hoped pragmatism might win the day - but sadly, and all too predictably, it wasn't forthcoming.

shaun.lawson

Hmm. You mean they're a disgrace to have been living way beyond their means, entirely reliant on the whim of one man? I'd be careful with such a line of argument if I were you. Where are the thousands who followed them to the Cup Final? Probably where the 200,000 who watched the parade on 17 May 1998 are, I should think...

Toxteth O'Grady
They are. But bearing in mind the late shift in venue, the genuine doubts over whether Gretna would even be in existence by the time the game was played, and their desperate need for cash, I'd have at least hoped pragmatism might win the day - but sadly, and all too predictably, it wasn't forthcoming.

SPL and pragmatism?

Nah they just don't go together, theres rules you know (they just change a lot)

Yea, it's a disgrace to come from a small town/village and to have a football team.

Only a city should have a football team, and only if they can get a big crowd.

:rolleyes:

The club are a joke, punching above their weight in what is already one of the lamest leagues around.

They were able to draw a big crowd when they made a cup final - yet now, when it matters more than ever before, for a league game bigger then any cup final in terms of the future of their club, they muster up about 500 fans.

Pathetic.

As pee'd off as I am with how things are at Hearts just now, and as much as it seems like a chore to go along to games which I know i'm not going to enjoy right now - i know for a fact that if our clubs very survival relied on it, i'd be there in a flash.

As for the cup final crowd being made up of Rangers / Celtic / Hibs / Motherwell fans looking for us to fail - whilst I will conceed there would be a few, the number of folk sporting Gretna colours that day would suggest that there were more than 500 "die hards".

There is no place for clubs like Gretna in the top tier of Scottish football. I wont be sorry to see the back of them.

Hmm. You mean they're a disgrace to have been living way beyond their means, entirely reliant on the whim of one man? I'd be careful with such a line of argument if I were you. Where are the thousands who followed them to the Cup Final? Probably where the 200,000 who watched the parade on 17 May 1998 are, I should think...

The difference being that we arent on the brink of extinction (yet...) and we dont NEED all of the 200000 folk that showed up for the parade in order to survive.

shaun.lawson
The difference being that we arent on the brink of extinction (yet...) and we dont NEED all of the 200000 folk that showed up for the parade in order to survive.

But we were on the brink of extinction in 2004/5 - and you may like to ask SOH representatives on here about how many were prepared to put their hands in their pockets in order to save the club. Moreover, our attendances that season were at their lowest in well over a decade, and fifth in the league overall: well behind both Aberdeen and Hibs.

gorgie rd eh11

What % of people who claim to be Gretna fans would 561 be? What % of people who claim to be celtic fans would 3000 be?

The best fans in the world, what a lot of c**p. Their's more than 3000 celtic "fans" living within a mile of Almondvale.

Nelly Terraces
Yeh it's unfortunate it will probably never happen.

I noticed their ground was half empty for the cup tie against the Sheep too, what has happened to the Seville 200,000,000?

Sorry OAPini, had to edit your post there, that figure is now closer to how many mhanks were in Seville. Well, according to them anyway, and they'd never lie would they?:rolleyes:

Funny then, how so few of the 'greatest fhans in all the universe' could turn out in such low numbers for a game less than 30 years from the city where they're based. Hmmm.

Can you imagine Man Utd playing a game so close to Manc and only getting that in for a crowd? Nah, me neither. But they ARE a big club, and not a bunch of jumped up plastic paddie, ira loving, ideas above their station, wannabe EPL (aye right), inbred halfwits so junked out their minds they think everybody loves them.

Cheers.

But we were on the brink of extinction in 2004/5 - and you may like to ask SOH representatives on here about how many were prepared to put their hands in their pockets in order to save the club. Moreover, our attendances that season were at their lowest in well over a decade, and fifth in the league overall: well behind both Aberdeen and Hibs.

Indeed. I have sympathy for Gretna. I?d expect the loss of the football club would be a real downer for the town.

Am a bit surprised that there were not that many Celtic fans willing to turn up in Livingston as plenty of them live around there judging by the buses...Perhaps Celtic fans are as bitter as some of our own and they don?t want Gretna to survive on the back of their cash...

I seriously cannot belive folk are trying to take the p!ss out of a club who take an away support to a game where they outnumber the home support by 6 to 1.

Yes, its a low celtic support in the scale of things. Lower than normal nae doot. Cant say the idea of going to watch Gretna, on a Sunday, in a game thats being televised would really appeal to me - not as a Hearts fan and not if i was a Celtic fan either.

I just dont think theres any escaping from the fact we have a club in the SPL fighting for their very survival, who cant muster up more than 500 fans for a vital "home" match.

It says more about Gretna than it does about Celtic.

gorgie rd eh11
I seriously cannot belive folk are trying to take the p!ss out of a club who take an away support to a game where they outnumber the home support by 6 to 1.

Yes, its a low celtic support in the scale of things. Lower than normal nae doot. Cant say the idea of going to watch Gretna, on a Sunday, in a game thats being televised would really appeal to me - not as a Hearts fan and not if i was a Celtic fan either.

I just dont think theres any escaping from the fact we have a club in the SPL fighting for their very survival, who cant muster up more than 500 fans for a vital "home" match.

It says more about Gretna than it does about Celtic.

We have a team claiming to be one of the biggest clubs in the world, with fans who claim to be the best in the world, playing right in the middle of the central belt. They're currently champions and scottish cup holders, and are chasing a third consecutive league title. Only 3000 of the trillions who claim to support them showed up.

It says more about the ridiculous claims of the "best fans in the world" than anything about Gretna. Next time they meet anyone other than rangers in a cup final, they'll be flooding radio and newspapers with phone calls claiming the smaller club, who very rarely if ever win anything, are glory hunters.

They are possibly the worst supporters in the world.

If Hearts were challenging for the title and were facing Gretna at Livingston, we would have almost filled the stadium.

Now we only have an average attendance of about 18k, compare that to Sellick's 60k. They should have filled that ground and still had people wanting tickets.

The Sellick fans are a joke. The claims of TGFITW is ridiculous. Just look at some of their home attendances in the League Cup. They have at least 20k fair weather fans who turn up when it suits them.

Archived