Robbie Neilson

Guildford_Jambo

Drylaw Hearts

Yer ma told me I was worth 2 million last night.

You and my 'ma' must get on great.

She knows feck all about football either.

gorgie rd eh11

Would I take him back at Tynie? Probably not. His time with us has passed.

No need to slate the guy tho, seems like some on here almost enjoy havin a pop at him.

Strange attitude IMO.

:thumbs_up:

You and my 'ma' must get on great.

She knows feck all about football either.

Not laughing at you, but Franko's edited post! :laugh:

If Robbie did sign I wonder how much he would be worth ?

?2-?3 million imo.

Full International, who I've heard always gives 100%, I'd be wanting at least ?7million to be honest.

Johanes de Silentio

People seem to forget that Robbie can defend. :thumbsup:

Bump - interesting that no-one has challenged this.

Drylaw Hearts

He was a decent defender PA - his use of the ball was just awful though.

I don't think I've ever seen a player kick the ball out the park quite so often as RN.

He makes Eggert Jonsson look like Andres Iniesta.

If you're not taking the piss, you must have forgot how Rearend used to turn him inside out every derby. Most half decent wingers seemed to go past him easily, I think the myth that he was some sort of brick wall at the back came by virtue of him being less bad off the ball than he was on it.

Drylaw Hearts

That's fair.

We do need a RB but we should be looking for better than RN.

A right footed Lee Wallace would be perfect.

People slating his talent are forgetting how good a defender he was. Surely thats a talent? Anyway, I don't think we should take him back. We'd be better off looking to the young guys for the future. Don't really see the need for people having a pop at him though :blink:

Really don't understand why people on here slate him so much, over 10 years of commitment to Hearts and who could forget 'that tackle'.

Snake Plissken

We do need a RB but we should be looking for better than RN.

A right footed Lee Wallace would be perfect.

Perhaps Craig Thomson in time but we certainly couldn't afford a player of that calibre unless he came from the youth ranks.

Looks like he may come back to Scotland! Would he be worth taking back?

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/ExHearts-favourite-Neilson-ponders-.6713865.jp

Always gave 100% for Hearts, and a great rolemodel for younger players...

:thumbsup:

He can play left back too!

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/sport/Erick-Norales-plays-key-role-Leicester-City-Reserves/article-3143511-detail/article.html

No thank you :thumbsup:

Really don't understand why people on here slate him so much, over 10 years of commitment to Hearts and who could forget 'that tackle'.

10 years of not one other club being interested in securing his services.

Robbie Neilson had it great at Hearts, playing in a team well above his level for so long. Why on earth would he want to leave?

I should think so too. I will never, ever list "effort" as a trait worthy of comment. ANY footballer that needs to list "effort" as a particular talent is seriously lacking in many areas.

The thread title Robbie Neilson - Why not? Because he is shit, was shit and always will be shit.

:laugh:

Very true though.

Has anyone said "Because he's shite" yet?

If not, "Because he's shite".

Thanks.

Yes, somebody has. :)

Would I take him back at Tynie? Probably not. His time with us has passed.

No need to slate the guy tho, seems like some on here almost enjoy havin a pop at him.

Strange attitude IMO.

Well said Mr Sifter.

What a way to treat one of our own, a guy who, despite his limited ability, never gave us anything less than 100%.

220px-Neilson_Scottish_Cup.jpg

10 years of not one other club being interested in securing his services.

Robbie Neilson had it great at Hearts, playing in a team well above his level for so long. Why on earth would he want to leave?

Being extremely pedantic, that's not true. Leicester were interested in him, hence why he signed for them.

Robbie was an average player at best, but as captain he was a good ambassador for the club off the park.

His time has come and gone, wouldn't be a good deal for Hearts if he were to return, imo.

Yes bring back Sir Robert.

Can get back to sticking my first goal scorer bets on him on a saturday at a widely available 33/1! was good banter when we had the whole row sticking in a ?1 each on him to get the first goal each home game. Shame we never collected anything :lol:

Lest we forget: the Gretna Cup Final when Neilson's last gasp tackle on David Graham when the goal was open.

Robbie is a decent enough defender, but I did shake my head a few times when he ventured across the half-way line. He is certainly better than the current RB options but he would not be a signing for the future, therefore I'd prefer Hearts to persevere with Craig Thomson.

Snake Plissken

Lest we forget: the Gretna Cup Final when Neilson's last gasp tackle on David Graham when the goal was open.

Robbie is a decent enough defender, but I did shake my head a few times when he ventured across the half-way line. He is certainly better than the current RB options but he would not be a signing for the future, therefore I'd prefer Hearts to persevere with Craig Thomson.

It gets mentioned every time a Neilson thread appears and has been mentioned at least three times on this one!

That, the Basel goal, the throw-ins and the 100% effort.

Every. Single. Time.

I'm not one to slate the guy - he was an average/decent defender who wasn't very good going forward. Craig Thomson is far better going forward but not quite as good defensively just yet. It is my hope Craig can continue to improve and establish himself at right back for club and eventually country.

Signing Robbie would be a backwards step.

not for me. i`m fast coming round to the idea of craig thomson at right back although don`t think eggert has been too bad there either.

neilson left us with some good memories and i think in this case it`s best left at that considering the other options we have.

ernie winchester

If he did return, he wouldn't be my first choice rb but when we're getting a 'doing' like away to the OF or defending a 1-0 late on, I'd have Robbie at rb because he's better defensibly than anyone else we've got for that position. The comments about him not being able to defend are, in my opinion, absolute nonsense!

In the wake of AW's resigning why hasn't anyone suggested Bouzid for RB?

It has been mentioned on another thread, John.

I felt that he did well filling in for the forward thinking Thomson last Wednesday and wondered if he would be considered at right back for this weekend.

pettigrewsstylist

Looks like he may come back to Scotland! Would he be worth taking back?

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/ExHearts-favourite-Neilson-ponders-.6713865.jp

Always gave 100% for Hearts, and a great rolemodel for younger players...

:thumbsup:

He can play left back too!

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/sport/Erick-Norales-plays-key-role-Leicester-City-Reserves/article-3143511-detail/article.html

craig thomson

Francis Albert

Why this obsession with playing players out of position? Craig Thomson is a good right back, potentially a very good one. Bouzid is an OK centre back, maybe even better than that, who can certainly compete for a place in our team. Webster will do well to match the run Zal and Bouzid (and stand-ins when one was out) had in November and December.

However at full back Bouzid, like Zal and Webster, would be rippped apart by anyone with pace and skill.

In the wake of AW's resigning why hasn't anyone suggested Bouzid for RB?

could it be the reason AW was signed is that Bouzid is leaving at end of season :unsure: just a thought.

Why is CT not a natural full back? It's the position that has taken him into the first team at an unusually young age and in which he seems to have done well at every level of the game so far. He can also pass, cross and hit a dead ball better than Robbie ever could, and has more pace. Not the finished article maybe, but few at his age are. (Robbie still isn't and time is surely running out for him!)

Robbie has a better long throw its true but in all those years of watching his long throws I doubt that 1 in 200 of them ever came to anything.

Just my opinion sir. I think positionally he is naive, I don't think he is a particularly good tackler and lacks height to defend high balls. He is infinitely better than robbie going forward but suspect defensively imo. He will improve in some respects but I am talking about the here and now.

Archived