Two reasons not to listen to Talksport (NHC)

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

First programme on Valentines Day!! - Presumably called 'Do me a favour love'

Today's phone in topic - "who gives a stuff about your flowers, why's my dinner not on the table?" :angry:

So they should never be allowed to work again? Do people not deserve a second chance? As much as their views are horrible.

Drylaw Hearts

Superb, hoepfully it will push erseholes like Adrian Durham off the station!!! Football is lost without them.

Really ?

Johanes de Silentio

Another reason not to listen to it? It is shite! :thumbsup:

A reason to listen, though, is that Shaun might be on it! :thumbsup:

ToadKiller Dog

So they should never be allowed to work again? Do people not deserve a second chance? As much as their views are horrible.

You are correct but talk sport should really have waited a bit longer before announcing this sensational scoop .

Another reason not to listen to it? It is shite! :thumbsup:

A reason to listen, though, is that Shaun might be on it! :thumbsup:

On that pile of shite? I think not. :yucky:

Isn't Talksport owned by Sky?

Not sure. It did cross my mind though.

They did employ Rodney Marsh after he too was wrongly sacked by Sky though

tommythejambo

They made a daft joke about a women, which is a commonly held stereotypical beleif. It wasn't aired.

Anyone who says they shouldn't work again is a moron.

They made a daft joke about a women, which is a commonly held stereotypical beleif. It wasn't aired.

You are right. Especially given it seems programmes like Loose Women can make stereotypical comments about men regularly and it is aired bur not an eye brow is raised.

So Make Some Noise..

Agree entirely with this comment, the world is going mad!!! the whole Politically Correct world we live in now is farcical. 99% of men across the country would have been sitting in their workplace on the monday with the same conversation : 'jesus see a bird was officiating' ..... 'nae way, she canny know the offside rule haha' - blah blah blah, but because its these 2 old coggers who sky obviously feel have been around too long and are paid too much, lets make a scapegoat out of gray, sack him.... Dont particularly like either of them but dont understand the hysteria around this, and would have to congratulate Keys on sticking up for his mate and walking out. Good luck to them both. :thumbsup: Move on.

Johanes de Silentio

On that pile of shite? I think not. :yucky:

:thumbsup:

In what way/s is/are 5 Live any better?

I'll tell you: it's not! :thumbsup:

Another reason to tune in you mean. I enjoy listening to Talk Sport. They only said what 90% of hetro males were thinking :rolleyes:

Walter Bishop

Really ?

100% Did you watch Chelsea v Liverpool on Sunday? Alan Smith had me sleeping after 20 minutes and the Sky Puppett in the studio was embarassing, Redknapp and Wilkins took over the studio.

Don't they just sit and read the guardian out loud on 5dead?? I'd rather have an acid bath than listen to anything the beeb :verymad: produces

Johanes de Silentio

They only said what 90% of hetro males were thinking :rolleyes:

It's not acceptable anymore though, mate - if action wasn't taken against Keys and Gray, it would have sent a message that their chat is acceptable, which it isn't - not anymore, sorry!

Bring it! :ninja:

Johanes de Silentio

Don't they just sit and read the guardian out loud on 5dead?? I'd rather have an acid bath than listen to anything the beeb :verymad: produces

atta******* boy! :thumbsup:

You are right. Especially given it seems programmes like Loose Women can make stereotypical comments about men regularly and it is aired bur not an eye brow is raised.

It is funny, you get all they new age modern men coming out with their support for the hanging of Gray and Keys but you don't get females outraged by programmes like Loose Women.

Wee pooves.

Johanes de Silentio

you don't get females outraged by programmes like Loose Women.

You do, though - spoke to a young lady last week who finds it insulting. :thumbsup:

Yes it is. It's not what it once was, but is still a fine, fine radio station. Tune in to talkBOLLOCKS for five minutes, and you notice the difference immediately.

Johanes de Silentio

Yes it is. It's not what it once was, but is still a fine, fine radio station. Tune in to talkBOLLOCKS for five minutes, and you notice the difference immediately.

I'd rather just take your word for it, neebor! :thumbsup:

Ulster Television own Talksport.

Shame that comedy journalist Parry has left though.

scots civil war

thought that parry was in with the bricks there at stamford street as well

that show with mike graham,which is being chopped to facilitate another right pair, was the conservative party broadcast of two wealthy bickering old farts live on air.....

and got well nauseating after a while

in fact apart from admiring adrian durham as a right good stirrer and football journo,that ******* station sucks nowadays

its all abaht london innit..............caaaaaaaaants!!!!!!!! :down:

You do, though - spoke to a young lady last week who finds it insulting. :thumbsup:

Has anyone publicly called for the panelists to be sacked though?

Is that why Parrys not been on this week then? He's walked has he?

Interesting!

Tell u what, the other day I heard Mark Saggers and Ian Danza during the day. Dunno if their pairing together was down to accident or design, but they were great together. Really good listening.

Anyway, Talksport is ok in spells. Fie live is good in spells. Both have good parts, both have shite parts. But do yu know what? I flick between them. I'm neither in one camp or the other.

**** YOU KICKBACK, I WILL NOT BE PIGEON HOLED!!!

Malinga the Swinga

Quite like hawksby and Jacobs, but don't like Brazil and Irani. Irani is like a little lap dog, while Alan Brazil goes on about the EPL being some kind of wonderful, and also Celtic being great.

Quite like Danny Kelly and Ray Parlour as a duo, but don't like Durham and Gough. darren Gough is just an empty headed eejit who prattles on like he is some kind of superstar, when in fact the only thing he has won is a dance show on BBC. Durham is just another in the line of journalists who worship Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, Giggs and Scholes, while pretending to support the Posh.

Doesn't bother me about Keys and Gray as working while they are on radio.

The best thing about Talksport is they don't employ Alan Green, a man who is so far up his own backside, its a shcok he hasn't vanished.

Johanes de Silentio

Has anyone publicly called for the panelists to be sacked though?

Don't know.

There is far more sexim towards women than there is towards men, let's be honest!

They'll be known as "Smashit and Nasty" :whistling:

Today's phone in topic - "who gives a stuff about your flowers, why's my dinner not on the table?" :angry:

Better no be on Friday You know I go out with the boys on a Friday!!!!!

:lol:

Played, boys.

:keys:

Their first show on the 14th could be potentially hilarious. If they have any sense then they'll go on a bit of a charm offensive and get a load of "acceptable self deprecating banter" on the go.

I don't doubt their ability as presenters/pundits - I just stopped liking them on Sky as they seemed too big for their boots. Hopefully their humiliation will give them the kicking they needed to get their egos in check.

Horrible? Steady on love no need to get your knickers in a knot.

Don't know.

There is far more sexim towards women than there is towards men, let's be honest!

I would dispute that. Both Labour and Conservatives have had all women lists for their election candidates when it should be on ability. I have seen many jobs advertise for women only due to legal exemptions for a particular post and none for men.

Although it is gradually changing women's retirement age is earlier.

Look at adverts in the paper for dating sites and chat lines. Women often get a free service that men would pay a lot of money for. Often night clubs let women in for free. Imagine if it was the other way round.

The dress code in my work is also restrictive for men and enforced more. Women's requests for flexible workong also seem to get deeper consideration. As for pay, it is equal.

Women only want equal rights if it favours them otherwise they are not interested. They also want the right to slag men off without being slagged themselves.

ToadKiller Dog

Talksport fired all their best presenters. Gaunty, Whale, Mendosa, Galloway.

Cant believe you missed out Tommy Boyd, Talk radio is now pub bores competing to see who can shout the loudest.

Shame Porky has left,i thought that some of his ideas were brilliant :lol: .If he has left because Gray and Keys are coming i am surprised he has taken such a dramatic stance,ffs they were hounded out by sky for some immature sexist ramblings but its stuff most of us will hear every day.

Archived