Michal Pospisil

StrikersInstinct

Who could forget that overhead kick type thing he did for his debut goal against the sheep! Scored against hibs too. Won the cup with us. Legend

Before anyone jumps in..........

No - we shouldn't sign him.

This is absolutely right. He wasn't that great the first time round, and he's obviously deteriorated if he can't do better than a trial with an Icelandic club.

Snake Plissken

Before anyone jumps in..........

No - we shouldn't sign him.

Correct.

Why not? Have you been monitoring his performances? Are you a top scout? Do you rate clum glen and mole higher?

:vrface:

Rudolf's Mate

I don't get this place sometimes. We have players who played fantastic, left the club but get hammered by folk on here amd then we have other players who scored one great goal plus one against hibs yet people want him back!

MP was decent when he had the others around him however IMHO he was found wanting and I'd even say he was mediocre. I really didn't rate him and he is definitely not better than Kyle or Stevie. Would you want him to warm the bench??? No thanks!

Guest juvehearts

I don't get this place sometimes. We have players who played fantastic, left the club but get hammered by folk on here amd then we have other players who scored one great goal plus one against hibs yet people want him back!

MP was decent when he had the others around him however IMHO he was found wanting and I'd even say he was mediocre. I really didn't rate him and he is definitely not better than Kyle or Stevie. Would you want him to warm the bench??? No thanks!

rudi was ok 1st time around, he fell away towards the 2nd half of his 1st season with hearts

2nd time around he is a revelation, why can't that be the same for pospisil??

theyre both czech born, i day give him a trial at the very least!!

juve

He's not played much since leaving Hearts, was alright when he was with us but i doubt he will be any good now. He was relegated with Bohemians in Czech and wasnt playing much-surely not spl class now.

rudi was ok 1st time around, he fell away towards the 2nd half of his 1st season with hearts

juve

Wow.

Rudolf's Mate

juve

I kind of agree with what you are saying plus I'd be open to having him on trial. That said, I still think he was mediocre.

juve

fantastic

firmly in the MEH camp when it comes to pospisil. decent performances in the first season but tailed off badly after that. possibly suffered slightly from the chaos of it all but that's just a convenient excuse.

seemed to like playing dunfermline athletic for some reason.

itsnomarooned

You need to examine why a player hasn't played much and is only on trial at an Icelandic club (with all due respect of course) but there may be valid reasons, not necessarily that he's now pish. Who's to say that a return might not be the kick start he requires. Personally I just don't think Calum Elliot or Gary Glen are up to it (merely my opinion - differing from others) so in theory the return of Pospisil and the release of these 2 isn't something I'd be throwing my hands up in horror about.

firmly in the MEH camp when it comes to pospisil. decent performances in the first season but tailed off badly after that. possibly suffered slightly from the chaos of it all but that's just a convenient excuse.

seemed to like playing dunfermline athletic for some reason.

It may be convenient, but I think it has a lot to do with how poor we were at that time.

Pospisil had the technique and ability. I quite liked him.

Had he had better players around him he may well of fed off that, but anyway, all water under the bridge.

Wouldn't take him back though.

Charlie-Brown

Andrius Velicka did more in his time here than Pospisil did - if it wasn't a good idea to re-sign Velicka then it's an even less good idea to promote Pospisil for a return.

His celebration was class, still use it at 5 a sides to this day :thumbsup:

Simple, yet gets the job done.

any videos of this celebration?? :P

The Treasurer

MP was a decent player that never got a long enough run in the team to prove how good he was.

Would I have him back now ?

No idea, as I've not followed his career closely enough to give an informed opinion (although I know that not being in possession of the facts doesn't stop anyone from posting on JKB) rolleyes.gif

StrikerInstinct - can you tell us anything about this young lad --

17 yr old midfielder Ingolfur Sigurdsson could be on his way out of dutch club Heerenveen and his next stop could be England or Scotland.

Apparently a lot of interest from top English clubs and some mickey mouse team from the capital of scotland that don't wear the mighty maroon :rolleyes:

Thank You

Rudi's Left Peg

His celebration was class, still use it at 5 a sides to this day :thumbsup:

Simple, yet gets the job done.

This!!

Drylaw Hearts

17 yr old midfielder Ingolfur Sigurdsson could be on his way out of dutch club Heerenveen and his next stop could be England or Scotland.

Apparently a lot of interest from top English clubs and some mickey mouse team from the capital of scotland that don't wear the mighty maroon :rolleyes:

Thank You

I thought that name was familiar..........

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/81269-icelandic-talents-heartbreak-at-a-proposed-move-to-scotland-fell-through/page__p__1893536__hl__sigurdsson__fromsearch__1#entry1893536

JamboAberdeen

I thought he was a decent player but victim of poor service/uncertainty.

Also looked struggling in physical side of Scottish game.

Not saying wanting him back, but just a opinion.

StrikersInstinct

Thank You

I saw this story in a Icelandic newspaper yesterday and imo this has to be a mistake by the journolist. Hearts has very often been linked with Sigurdsson but Hibernian never. I'll bet he just mistook Hibernian for Hearts. The story said that Sigurdsson is not happy in Holland and that Sigurdsson would like to move to England or Scotland. But why mention Hibernian in the story when he has always been linked with Hearts. Sigurdsson would be a great signing!!!!

I saw this story in a Icelandic newspaper yesterday and imo this has to be a mistake by the journolist. Hearts has very often been linked with Sigurdsson but Hibernian never. I'll bet he just mistook Hibernian for Hearts. The story said that Sigurdsson is not happy in Holland and that Sigurdsson would like to move to England or Scotland. But why mention Hibernian in the story when he has always been linked with Hearts. Sigurdsson would be a great signing!!!!

Cheers SI :thumbsup:

StrikersInstinct

That's the second time he left them, would be pleased if we did go for him. A wing pairing of him and Walker would be devastating. Why has he left heerenveen?

I dont know why he left this time. Seems not to like Holland very much.

jamboinglasgow

I do hope we try to sign him. Weren't we close to before but for some reason never offered a contract?

StrikersInstinct

I do hope we try to sign him. Weren't we close to before but for some reason never offered a contract?

Yes I think so, although some of the reports were a little sketchy.

itsnomarooned

How odd - I'm just back from a week in Amsterdam and had a smashing time. :thumbsup:

Ingo Sigurdsson has apparently left Heerenveen. Please join Hearts!!!

http://www.sc-heerenveen.nl/pageid=502/Home.html

SI - do you happen to post on a rival forum under the name "Iceman" - there appears to be a similar thread over there :whistling:

Now the natives certainly wouldn't be happy if we nicked this lad as they believe he is going to them :rolleyes:

Seemingly we always go for their targets as we have no scouting system :lol:

jamboinglasgow

SI - do you happen to post on a rival forum under the name "Iceman" - there appears to be a similar thread over there :whistling:

Now the natives certainly wouldn't be happy if we nicked this lad as they believe he is going to them :rolleyes:

Seemingly we always go for their targets as we have no scouting system :lol:

Don't forget pay four times the wages they offer, which they say is a move which Hibs plan to put us in admin.

Archived