its

Towzer

Dirk Diggler
mcghee

please believe me

I believe you believe it's McGhee.

I'll believe it's McGhee when I see him with a Hearts scarf above his head.

davemclaren
evangelist-boy.jpg

I believe Towzer.

Buffalo Bill

Is that Towzer? It's not how I had imagined him. :)

chester copperpot
What was the question?

Who will be motherwell manager come August.

Bit far fetched that IMO.

chester copperpot
:confused:

I believe you when you say that we are after him Towzer ma man, I just dont think he will be here come Pre-Season though.

Would love to be wrong.

Only a Game
mcghee

please believe me

Have we approached him ? Have we approached Motherwell ? Has he said yes ? Have Motherwell said yes ? Have Hearts said yes ?

You'll understand of course why we'd prefer to wait until all of the above things have happened and someone knows for sure they have happened, before we "believe".

When it comes to Hearts these days, I can't believe much.

"I hope" is more my attitude.

I have no reason to not believe you Towser, if your right, then I think most of us will by pretty happy Jambos!!

If we go get McGhee what do you think the chance of us getting McCormack would be? Slim to none I guess but a lot better than they are at the moment.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Aye - Debbie. Recently punted from team Ant on "Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway" so she's available.

Chad Sexington

I've heard from 3 or 4 different people that McGhee is being actively courted by Hearts but they have to keep it hush hush because of the strict tapping rules.

I'll go on record now as saying I reckon he will be our manager by the time we kick off next season.

:Dr_Evil:

shaun.lawson
we want him, i think that's clear.

Where's that train going, Chris? :)

Cut The Crap
I've heard from 3 or 4 different people that McGhee is being actively courted by Hearts but they have to keep it hush hush because of the strict tapping rules.

I'll go on record now as saying I reckon he will be our manager by the time we kick off next season.

They're not doing very well at keeping it hush hush then, are they? :rolleyes:

Chad Sexington
They're not doing very well at keeping it hush hush then, are they? :rolleyes:

It's all relative bud.

I do believe the two sides have met and the press haven't got hold of it.

But Edinburgh is a village and it's very difficult to keep these things totally secret.

It's going to happen unless a much bigger club come in for him.

more chance of mcghee going to celtic when strapon gets the boot. which leave vlad saying we couldnt get the right man and with no backup plan, so in late august ending up with some eastern european nobody

Regardless of whether we believe or not, we need a manager in place a lot earlier than that Troy ! Pre season training and summer transfers will be pivotal

Guest GhostHunter

Sorry - not laughing at you, more the "...have to keep it hush hush"...

If McGhee comes to Hearts, it'll be the worst klept (sic) secret ever...

would we not be in the poo if we had spoken to him without permission and if we had permission it would be all over the papers. ?

Chad Sexington
Regardless of whether we believe or not, we need a manager in place a lot earlier than that Troy ! Pre season training and summer transfers will be pivotal

Agreed.

Heres hoping we do the business before he's even at the airport for his summer holiday.

Oh, and Dex...:movethatass:

;)

Guest GhostHunter

You would have to assume, that given it IS in the public domain just now - that Motherwell HAVE given him permission to talk to us (and other clubs)...Boyle freely admitted he was resigned to losing MM at the end of the season.

200milesfromgorgie

i think 'tapping up' is a load of bull. it means one man cant talk to another man about his job. stupid rule. Apart from the Ashley Cole saga, i met him, he was a t!t.

Am i the only one who is totaly unimpressed by the thought of him as manager. has he not been booted by his last two clubs and jumped ship from the two before that? anything is better than what we have now though.

Am i the only one who is totaly unimpressed by the thought of him as manager. has he not been booted by his last two clubs and jumped ship from the two before that? anything is better than what we have now though.

No your not the only one mate.

I dont really understand all the hype around McGhee either to be honest. Not someone I rate particularly highly.... then again, seems i'm in the minority with that train of thought.

If he's as good as we're capable of getting then jings crivens and help ma boab.

jack D and coke

I'll believe it when i see it tbh but here's hoping.

Incidently the poster that is 'NONE' was on the BIM forum a few weeks back basically slating McGhee and saying why the hell would we want him. He used to know things that were going on in the background did he not?

I think mcghee would rather be part of the OF than getting it up them. If he does join i think he would jump ship as soon as he has a good season. use us like he has motherwell, another step towards celtic or EPL.

I might have it all wrong as i dont know the bloke, anyone else feel like this?

shaun.lawson
I'll believe it when i see it tbh but here's hoping.

Incidently the poster that is 'NONE' was on the BIM forum a few weeks back basically slating McGhee and saying why the hell would we want him. He used to know things that were going on in the background did he not?

None'd slag off any Scottish manager who hadn't won either the title or domestic Cup, I should think: it's how his mind seems to work. Malofeev yes, Levein or McGhee, no - though he does rate 'title winner Alex', to be fair.

We might want McGhee

The club might want us to think we want McGhee

Other clubs will want McGhee

We wont get McGhee

Chad Sexington
I think mcghee would rather be part of the OF than getting it up them. If he does join i think he would jump ship as soon as he has a good season. use us like he has motherwell, another step towards celtic or EPL.

If McGhee was interesting the OF or the EPL it would mean he must be doing well.

It would mean he had dragged us out the mire we are currently in.

I'd take that right now.

shaun.lawson

Has he really 'used' Motherwell? I'd say he's been as good for them as they have been for him: didn't Mowbray 'use' Hibs in much the same way? As I've said elsewhere, I think Celtic will be in for Moyes or Mowbray above him anyway - and you can't blame him for wanting to leave a club whose gates of around 5,000 mean they have no hope of sustaining any sort of real success.

All managers worth their salt are ambitious - and if they do a brilliant enough job at one club, move on to a bigger one: it's how the gravy train works. But if in the meantime he'd sorted us out and achieved some success with us, it'd actually be a win-win: good for him, and good for us too.

By The Light..

Why would McGhee want to come to Hearts?

I'd love it to happen, in fact it needs to happen, but the sale of Velicka through the cat-flap confirmed for me that the acting head coach has as much control of team affairs as I do.

I'd love it to happen, in fact it needs to happen, but the sale of Velicka through the cat-flap confirmed for me that the acting head coach has as much control of team affairs as I do.

because he has applied for the job before....thats why!

I could be wrong but I think this is a popular misconception.

Even if we get a proper manager with full autonomy over training, team selection, formations, tactics and subs I don't think they'll get much of a say in who comes or goes.

They will probably be able to identify players and the club will do all the contract negotiations. The board will also have the final say over players who are sold and when they are sold.

Like I said i could be wrong but i believe this will be the case.

Archived