Webster is better than Bouzid.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Bouzid is half the player Webster is because:

- Bouzid has a god awful first touch which somtimes lands him deep trouble, putting his goalkeeper under pressure.

- Bouzid does not have the composure to play a tidy pass to his advancing midfielders and therefor chooses the 'hoof' instead which leads to us losing the ball and the pressure being put back on us unneededly.

- Bouzid is more interested in a move away from Heart of Midlothian. (a bit like Webster was).

- Bouzid relies on Zaliukas to save him more often than not.

- Bouzid switches off and gets caught out far too easy.

- Bouzid overall is not very good in my opinion.

Webster's case:

- Won a scottish cup last season as captain.

- Played with his heart in it for a team he was on loan at.

- Could have easily chose Hibs or Dundee but opted for us, which DOES show he cares for this club, as much as people dont like to believe it.

- Was never given a fair chance at Rangers when fully fit.

- Has a past record of playing well at Heart of Midlothian and was an ex captain at the club.

- Im sure he has came here to be playing first team football rather than warm the bench, therefore meaning Bouzid will soon be out the team and out of this club.

Id just like to say i have nothing against Bouzid, i just dont think he's good enough for this club. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Bouzid is half the player Webster is because:

- Bouzid has a god awful first touch which somtimes lands him deep trouble, putting his goalkeeper under pressure.

- Bouzid does not have the composure to play a tidy pass to his advancing midfielders and therefor chooses the 'hoof' instead which leads to us losing the ball and the pressure being put back on us unneededly.

- Bouzid is more interested in a move away from Heart of Midlothian. (a bit like Webster was).

- Bouzid relies on Zaliukas to save him more often than not.

- Bouzid switches off and gets caught out far too easy.

- Bouzid overall is not very good in my opinion.

Webster's case:

- Won a scottish cup last season as captain.

- Played with his heart in it for a team he was on loan at.

- Could have easily chose Hibs or Dundee but opted for us, which DOES show he cares for this club, as much as people dont like to believe it.

- Was never given a fair chance at Rangers when fully fit.

- Has a past record of playing well at Heart of Midlothian and was an ex captain at the club.

- Im sure he has came here to be playing first team football rather than warm the bench, therefore meaning Bouzid will soon be out the team and out of this club.

Id just like to say i have nothing against Bouzid, i just dont think he's good enough for this club. :thumbsup:

A fit and on form Andy Webster will drasticaly improve our defence... There really is no two ways about that. i just wish we could see a whole season out of a Back four of:

Craig Thomson - Andy Webster - Marius Zaliukas - Lee Wallace

But I expect that to be dramticaly reshaped by next season.

Bouzid can put in a solid, sometimes illegal challenge, thats about it. He has the positional sense of a Hibs goalkeeper.

To say that Bouzid is not good enough to play for Hearts, is utter nonsense!

Webster, if he plays and if he plays to the form we remember (including at Dundee Utd) and I hope he will stay fit and play to that form, is better than Bouzid and Zaliukas.

As far as Zaliukas is concerned, he's way ahead of where Pressley was at the same stage in his career!

Webster, if he plays and if he plays to the form we remember (including at Dundee Utd) and I hope he will stay fit and play to that form, is better than Bouzid and Zaliukas.

As far as Zaliukas is concerned, he's way ahead of where Pressley was at the same stage in his career!

except the games against celtic away the defence when on our run of the last 16 games has been solid so why change and to be critical of bouzid is out of order

Correct, Bouzid is better than Crawford Boyd. :ninja:

rudi must stay

As a player he possibly is. But Bouzid and Zaliukas seem to have a steady partnership, that may not be the case with Webster and Zaliukas..

ToadKiller Dog

Based on last season yes Webster is a better player , I doubt anybody or many have a clue what his form or his fitness is like at this time . I prefer Zal than those two , Zal at is best is a better all round player than both . He is also well liked .

I dont see this need on here to constantly have a go at Bouzid he has been part of what for the best part been a solid back line .

Our best Centre two will be Zal and Webster which is as good as any in the league and Bouzid while he is still here is decent back up .

Who Knows having Webster may push Bouzid into improving his game also .

If Webster is fit and finds the form we know he is capable of, I feel he will be our best centre half.

He's one of the best scottish centre half's around at the moment and given time, he will become a regular for Scotland. Weir won't last much longer, the Cauldwell bros are murder. I can see webster and mcmanus being the partnership for future scotland games.

If Webster is fit and finds the form we know he is capable of, I feel he will be our best centre half.

He's one of the best scottish centre half's around at the moment and given time, he will become a regular for Scotland. Weir won't last much longer, the Cauldwell bros are murder. I can see webster and mcmanus being the partnership for future scotland games.

or Webster and Berra maybe :rolleyes:

Bouzid against Rangers at Tynie was outstanding whilst others around him suffered stage fright.

I don't think he'll lose his place too easily

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Bouzid can put in a solid, sometimes illegal challenge, thats about it. He has the positional sense of a Hibs goalkeeper.

Now that's just excessively cruel. None of our players are that bad.

Even Nade wasn't that bad. <_<

Bouzid gets a hell of a rough ride off a lot of folk on here.

I'd happily renew his contract for the right deal. Good SPL centre half.

Commander Harris

yup, regular part of what has been an excellent defense this season.

Pele is better than Maradonna.

It's irrelevant.

JJ knows who he needs to pick and when. It's not an issue if A is better than B

yup, regular part of what has been an excellent defense this season.

Exactly.

Amazing how we've managed to continue such a good defensive record with such a poor liability of a centre half. Two of them if you listen to some. Combined with a shoddy makeshift LB and a dodgy RB for most of the campaign. :lol:

Folk need to get a grip and realise this is the SPL, not La Liga.

Wow.

The amount of people turning on Bouzid is quite frightening. I wonder what could of triggered this?

I have never rated him much but he has been solid this season.

Wow.

The amount of people turning on Bouzid is quite frightening. I wonder what could of triggered this?

I have never rated him much but he has been solid this season.

I don't know if he is being turned on, I just think that Webster is a superior player.

If we want to get closer to the OF we must let players go when we can get better replacements in their position as our squad size must be reduced. Therefore, I could can see JJ's logic if he's going to let Bouzid go in the summer as Webster is a far superior player.

Bouzid is good enough for the SPL but imo not good enough if we want to reach the level of the OF. Zal's controlling influence on the defence helps him as when Zal isn't there Bouzid always looks a bit unsure and lost at what to do most of the time.

This summer will be much like last summer with many big name players leaving but I think we will see another significant improvement in the team and squad for next season.

Anyone have any idea what wage Bouzid is on?

I don't know if he is being turned on, I just think that Webster is a superior player.

Yourself, Mothy, myself and others have all agreed that Webster is a superior SPL defender than Bouzid.

But we have some folk comparing Webster to Messi and Bouzid to Jenkinson. :facepalm: Has it came to this already...?

He has the positional sense of a Hibs goalkeeper? His positioning is actually very decent, it's the fact he gets turned easily and lacks pace that makes him look suspect at times. For the most part he keeps it tight and compact in between Zal and the right back.

Our defence and goalkeeper have been good this season and that is playing with no recognised full backs. Credit where credit is due for the central defenders in my opinion.

I never got the Bouzid love-in and now I don't get the total disregarding of him.

Radioactive Mince

Agree with this.

Ideally, depending on budget constraints and IB's intentions, we would keep all three CHs. In my mind, before the Webster signing, we were a CH, an attacking midfielder and a predatory striker short of having a very, very good SPL squad. I don't think it'd be a bad idea to sign a young natural LB from somewhere to cover for and eventually replace Wallace, either.

If we can shift some deadwood this summer, I see no reason why we cannot sign these positions without increasing the wage bill too much.

"Could have easily chose Hibs or Dundee but opted for us, which DOES show he cares for this club, as much as people dont like to believe it."

Get a grip look at the three choices

1: a team up battling to split the old firm and looking odds on for European football

or

2: a team in freefall and possible first division football

or

3: Dundee

who would you choose

If we want to get closer to the OF we must let players go when we can get better replacements in their position as our squad size must be reduced. Therefore, I could can see JJ's logic if he's going to let Bouzid go in the summer as Webster is a far superior player.

Bouzid is good enough for the SPL but imo not good enough if we want to reach the level of the OF. Zal's controlling influence on the defence helps him as when Zal isn't there Bouzid always looks a bit unsure and lost at what to do most of the time.

This summer will be much like last summer with many big name players leaving but I think we will see another significant improvement in the team and squad for next season.

Anyone have any idea what wage Bouzid is on?

Webster gets a serious injury?

Zal gets a serious injury?

Both at the same time?

In the light of this season's form, if he stays on the "right" terms, I would be delighted to have him!

However, I am virtually certain he'll be off!

Webster gets a serious injury?

Zal gets a serious injury?

Both at the same time?

In the light of this season's form, if he stays on the "right" terms, I would be delighted to have him!

However, I am virtually certain he'll be off!

We have Barr, Mrowiec, McGowan and Jonsson who can cover at CB. There must also be opportunites for players in the 20/21 age bracket to get a chance in the first team which won't happen if average players like Bouzid are re-signed.

Yourself, Mothy, myself and others have all agreed that Webster is a superior SPL defender than Bouzid.

But we have some folk comparing Webster to Messi and Bouzid to Jenkinson. :facepalm: Has it came to this already...?

He has the positional sense of a Hibs goalkeeper? His positioning is actually very decent, it's the fact he gets turned easily and lacks pace that makes him look suspect at times. For the most part he keeps it tight and compact in between Zal and the right back.

Our defence and goalkeeper have been good this season and that is playing with no recognised full backs. Credit where credit is due for the central defenders in my opinion.

I never got the Bouzid love-in and now I don't get the total disregarding of him.

On reflection, hard to disagree with any of this.:thumbsup:

For what it's worth, and a slight tangent, I thought Bouzid played well at right back on Wednesday.

Jam Tarts 1874

At a time when the team are struggling and our season could easily just collapse, a quality player like Webster coming in is bound to be a boost to the other players.

Webster is Bouzid's replacement.. there are no two ways about it! Question is... Is he an immediate replacement?!

Midfield Dynamo

A fit and on form Andy Webster will drasticaly improve our defence... There really is no two ways about that. i just wish we could see a whole season out of a Back four of:

Craig Thomson - Andy Webster - Marius Zaliukas - Lee Wallace

But I expect that to be dramticaly reshaped by next season.

Agree 100%.

That is a very good back 4.

1 quality striker to play beside KK and an attacking Centre mid.........is all we need to mount a serious challenge.

Midfield Dynamo

GTFster hasn't played a game all season...

Yes he has.......he played for RANKERS 2 weeks ago.

GTFster as you call him..... will turn out to be a fantastic signing. (Wait and see)

One flew over

What is clear JJ is building a seriously good squad of players, a couple of decent signings in the summer should see us mount a really good challenge next season!

This!

Quite honestly there should really be no discussion on this matter, it is totally cut and dried, Webster is a football player Bouzid is no where near the same standard as Webster, end of!!!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I agree and he's been a FAR better player than Webster this season.

Think next seasons back four might be C Thomson / Webster / Barr / Wallace... Still good tho!

I would be quite happy to have this back 4 for the rest of the season. thumbsup.gif Bouzid is a car crash waiting to happen and Zaliukas thinks he is better than he will ever be. IMO

Webster may be a better player but I'd still play Bouzid ahead of him for the sole reason that Webster is a *****.

Webster may be a better player but I'd still play Bouzid ahead of him for the sole reason that Webster is a *****.

Johanes de Silentio

to be fair they are both shit...

How is that being fair? :blink:

I like Bouzid, but he's not the quickest, and he seems to switch off and ball watch a wee bit, imo - nevertheless, a good player who has done well for us this season.

I've heard a few people say that JJ isn't totally convinced, but prefers him to Barr and Dave K.

Crucially, Bouzid's contract runs out in the summer.

I think Webster is a better defender than Bouzid, and probably Zal as well.

If Zal and Webster are to form a decent partnership, they will need to work at it - I think Zal will want to call the shots, so Webster will have to deal with that.

Also, aren't Zal and Webster both left-sided? (I think JJ likes a balance)

Archived