The owner

chrissyd2003

What happens when Romanov proposes to move the home of hmfc to a new stadium out of town? Just can't help thinking his change of heart in how the team is managed is building upto this announcement. Did he not get renovation plans rejected by ecc?

What happens when Romanov proposes to move the home of hmfc to a new stadium out of town? Just can't help thinking his change of heart in how the team is managed is building upto this announcement. Did he not get renovation plans rejected by ecc?

And how have you come to that conclusion?

Just observing from afar and think the almost 360 degree change in attitude has to mean something, he's a business man after all.. Bit skeptical I know

The owner is doing a great job at the moment, leaving football managment descisions to people who know what they are doing. Just don't want to see the home of hmfc and all history with it ripped out and moved to a soulless stadium probably in field out of town with phish transport links and a huge Tarmac car park. Don't want people to get carried away idolising a foreign business man.

Commander Harris

The owner is doing a great job at the moment, leaving football managment descisions to people who know what they are doing. Just don't want to see the home of hmfc and all history with it ripped out and moved to a soulless stadium probably in field out of town with phish transport links and a huge Tarmac car park. Don't want people to get carried away idolising a foreign business man.

you do realise this 'foreign business man' is the sole reason that we haven't moved to a 'soulless stadium'?

Radioactive Mince

The only fields I can think of with phish transport links out of town are either to the southwest, Currie area or around Cramond somewhere.

If, by some miracle, you ain't a rancid HIVvy then you must be the life and soul of any party. Fancy a job as head of the Supporters' Trust, bud?

Johanes de Silentio

If the worst comes to the worst, then we'll start again - then we'll come back stronger than ever, and continue to use Hibs as our ****-bitches - that's all anyone needs to know.

In the mean time, 'our owner' is showing more faith in Hearts people than he ever has - we'll be fine.

Hibs, however, are in trouble - now, forever, and always. :thumbsup:

The Owner as you put it is The Shareholders. I, like many supporters, still own a little bit of the club. UBIG is the majority shareholder and Hearts are now a subsidiary of them. Romanov is the major shareholder in UBIG, therefore what he says goes, but he is not The Owner.

Now are you sure you are not a Hobo in disguise?

Mr Romanov has done a great job from day 1!!

Bye....... have a fun battle to beat the drop you hibs clown!!

yes I'm simplifIying things but basically he does own majority of club, I'm not a hibs fan just concerned about the modern phenomenon of foreign 'majority share holders' it's too early to tell if they are a good thing. If we do move it won't be the end of hearts, the supporters will carry the history with them, just think it would be a shame, and don't think it's a good idea for supporters to be idolising someone who thinks of hearts as number on paper.

Think alot of clubs wil be doing this soon bit like new arsenal stad, just a hot topic at the moment.

Miller Jambo 60

down.gifdown.gifdown.gifdown.gifFail

Did someone else not post about this fairly recently and say that City of Edinburgh Council haven't actually turned down the application but are stalling after passing other ones nearby (or something along those lines). Think delays are pretty standard for the council. :whistling:

Templeton'sUnderpants

yes I'm simplifIying things but basically he does own majority of club, I'm not a hibs fan just concerned about the modern phenomenon of foreign 'majority share holders' it's too early to tell if they are a good thing. If we do move it won't be the end of hearts, the supporters will carry the history with them, just think it would be a shame, and don't think it's a good idea for supporters to be idolising someone who thinks of hearts as number on paper.

Think alot of clubs wil be doing this soon bit like new arsenal stad, just a hot topic at the moment.

First up, yes you are a hobo and doing a terrible job of hiding it.

This modern phenomenon as you oddly put it seems to have seen chelsea alright so its not really too early to tell.

If Mr romanov, 'the owner' is just a business man and hearts really are just numbers on paper he is in fact the worlds worst business man since hearts make a big fat nil profit.

More likely he quite enjoys 15k + people singing his name, I too would quite dig that.

Basically enjoy your first division football next season see you at future derbies, ill be the one laughing.at your joke of a team as they go 8-0 down.

To me we have never been safer. "The Owner" as the OP calls him seems to have stopped his perceived meddling and things are going well. Onwards and upwards.

FTH

Miller Jambo 60

Well said Doug.

Has to be one mate, spent a sad afternoon at the Edinburgh masonic lodge in leith.

Never knew the place was there.

Good prices and i was on orange and lemonade(car)down.gif

Anyone been there

Mods can we please bin this Hobo

Seemingly chrissyd2003 rakes in the bucket for something to eat and finds a dead rat and thinks it's a treat. :down:

No matter what happens Chrissy, we'll still be spanking Hibs to make us feel better.

No matter what happens Chrissy, we'll still be spanking Hibs to make us feel better.

Aye your spot on with that, sorry to be so negative this early in the morn, just don't want people to get carried away, I love tynie and the atmosphere + history

A message to the OP.............

OK we weren't the first British team to accept an invite to play in a European competition to play against 7 other teams that also accepted the invite

OK we wren't the first team to play under floodlight

OK we weren't the first team to play in Green

Ok we got beat on the last day of the season in 86 to lose the league whilst you boys were fighting mediocrity

OK we don't have a balanced balance sheet

OK we don't have a new stand that is emptier than the elephant man's wee black book

OK we never had the world's greatest player George Best play 3 games for us whilst we were getting relegated

But get this - yous are our ******* bitches!

110 ya fud!

I love how a Hobo starts a thread called 'the owner'

If he looks at our overall derby record he will see that infact - We are the owner of Hibs

FACT!

Cardiac Rucksack

Just to point out, if the owner had done a 360in his thinking then nothing would have changed.

Just to point out, if the owner had done a 360in his thinking then nothing would have changed.

Don't confuse him!

scott herbertson

Aye your spot on with that, sorry to be so negative this early in the morn, just don't want people to get carried away, I love tynie and the atmosphere + history

Unfortunately those nasty foreign owners like Chris Robinson and Stewart Milne and Tom Farmer (remember Straiton Chrissie) are doing this sort of thing all the time.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2062675

Thankfully our brave Scottish owner has spent a lot of his money developing plans to not only keep us at Tynie but build a new stadium right where the old one is

I never understand the conservatism (with a small "c") of many football fans. Generally speaking most football fans are hugely resistant to change, and apparently just for the fear of it. I've never had a problem with moving from Tynecastle as long as any new stadium is not in the East of the city (because that really is a sheeitehole). If a new stadium was built with the spirit of Tynecastle in mind ie steep stands close to, but with a proper-sized pitch that is conducive to playing good football then I'd be all for it. Murrayfield was near Tynie but did not meet these simple criteria... Hearts being based in Gorgie is not important to me. I was born in Simpson Memorial whilst family lived in Fairmilehead. Hearts were still my local team, but Gorgie itself means nothing to me - I only go there for the football.

Unless it was 360 degees celcius which would make his thinking hotter than the boiling point of Lead and almost as hot as Monica Belluci

Francis Albert

Brilliant spoof post to demonstate just why sometimes posters with low post counts get stick.Well done Chrissy. (Would maybe have been better still without the last question though which hammers home the Hibby imitation a bit too hard).

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Dear god Chrissy... C'mon now eh? That's not even trying very hard. :rolleyes:

Just observing from afar and think the almost 360 degree change in attitude has to mean something, he's a business man after all.. Bit skeptical I know

Could it be that he has realised that his original business plan was going to lead to us digging an even bigger hole for ourselves?

He is dealing with our finances in a way that will tighten the budget etc.?

And most importantly, he has now got a manager he can trust not to use Hearts as a stepping stone, who is a Hearts man through and through?

Could it be that he has realised that his original business plan was going to lead to us digging an even bigger hole for ourselves?

He is dealing with our finances in a way that will tighten the budget etc.?

And most importantly, he has now got a manager he can trust not to use Hearts as a stepping stone, who is a Hearts man through and through?

Aye your right,

Been negative with my post, a positive thing would be to say lets start a petition for redevelopment of tynie and hand to the council, like someone else suggested on another post, glass half full

cheers

I never understand the conservatism (with a small "c") of many football fans. Generally speaking most football fans are hugely resistant to change, and apparently just for the fear of it. I've never had a problem with moving from Tynecastle as long as any new stadium is not in the East of the city (because that really is a sheeitehole). If a new stadium was built with the spirit of Tynecastle in mind ie steep stands close to, but with a proper-sized pitch that is conducive to playing good football then I'd be all for it. Murrayfield was near Tynie but did not meet these simple criteria... Hearts being based in Gorgie is not important to me. I was born in Simpson Memorial whilst family lived in Fairmilehead. Hearts were still my local team, but Gorgie itself means nothing to me - I only go there for the football.

Steady on some of us live there you know! Nowt wrong with my street!

Has to be one mate, spent a sad afternoon at the Edinburgh masonic lodge in leith.

Never knew the place was there.

Good prices and i was on orange and lemonade(car)down.gif

Anyone been there

If it was Lodge Trafalger, I have indeed attended with my Dunfermline counterparts ;)

Aye your right,

Been negative with my post, a positive thing would be to say lets start a petition for redevelopment of tynie and hand to the council, like someone else suggested on another post, glass half full

cheers

Why are you Hibees so pathetically obssessed with our finances?

Do you want my log in ID for RBS digital banking too? that way you can check my finances out (trust me nothing exciting to see there).

What you Hibees need to realise is King Romanov is a businessman and unlike Hibs, Hearts have huge net value.

For example

Tynecastle and the land

Lee Wallace

Marian Kello

Craig Thompson

Andrew Driver

David Templeton

Adrian Mroweic

Ruben Palazuelos

Marius Zaliukus

Andy Webster

suso

Aryidvas Novvikovas

Now all of the above offset any debt and some!

There is not one Hoboid in CC Blooms excuse for a team that is worth more than a tub of Pringles.

That's what your club is............A TUB OF PRINGLES.

Vlad has brought in player proceeds of over 16 million pounds since he came on the scene.

16 million pounds for a club like Hearts! are you insane!

WHY THE FECK WOULD ANYONE SCREW THAT UP!

Coburg Hearts

If it was Lodge Trafalger, I have indeed attended with my Dunfermline counterparts ;)

Doug is referring to the EMC at Shrubhill. :thumbsup:

I guess that differs for different folk, I grew up at Haymarket and even though I still stay in Edinburgh and there have been a lot of changes in Haymarket and Gorgie since I grew up there a couple (ahem) of years ago, going back to the area still feels more like 'home' than where I've been living for the last 10 years.

Archived