The Dublin Super Cup (NHC)

RoussetsShorts

RoussetsShorts

Truth is that most Irish folks I know can't stand the feckers !!

why do they have to go to Dublin? why can't they have a pre-season tourny in Glasgow, after all they are a Scottish club, oh wait a minute............

Maybe just me but it looks as if you're looking for something to be offended at.

That is probably the least offensive thing from them I have seen if seen in a while (And believe me, I fecking hate Celtic).

RoussetsShorts

Maybe just me but it looks as if you're looking for something to be offended at.

That is probably the least offensive thing from them I have seen if seen in a while (And believe me, I fecking hate Celtic.

celtic fan :whistling:

Really don't see the problem with them playing in a pre-season competition in Dublin, to be honest.

Really don't see the problem with them playing in a pre-season competition in Dublin, to be honest.

Yeah, the crime rate will drop in Glasgow for a weekend. :thumbsup:

why do they have to go to Dublin? why can't they have a pre-season tourny in Glasgow, after all they are a Scottish club, oh wait a minute............

They're not having a pre season tourney the FAI are

They their Rugby counterparts and the Irish government have finished building a shiny new Premiership standard stadium with a conspicuous shortage of events to fill it with

so they've had to invent some.

The upcoming international tournament with Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland is one

This is another.

My confident prediction is that the good people of Dublin will be so appalled with the utter pondlife that make their way over there and the utter shite that will spew from their mouths that they'll be even less enamoured with them than they currently are.

Agree 100%. Nothing wrong with them playing in Dublin.

Having said that, I must admit I'd prefer to see them and their scummy support involved in a pre-season friendly somewhere more exotic - Afghanistan for example.

My confident prediction is that the good people of Dublin will be so appalled with the utter pondlife that make their way over there and the utter shite that will spew from their mouths that they'll be even less enamoured with them than they currently are.

Depends, I s'pose. A lot of people around here don't tune in to the game in Scotland, so they've no idea what these people are capable of coming out with. But a small number won't mind or care - and in any case the pondlife are careful to tone down the republican stuff when they play here because they know it'll get them a bad press. A lot of people here will take the chance to see a game in the shiny new Lansdowne Road without having to pay out the mad prices demanded for internationals - in fact, I might even happen along to see City and Inter play.

But the smallest minority of all will be annoyed because this event is taking place right in the middle of the local football season, and it really annoys them to see a glammed up couple of friendlies draw far more people than the national league. I've some sympathy for their view, TBH.

Finally, I have as strong a distaste for C****c as the next guy, but we have some people on this forum who would cross the road to find something to get offended about. :blink:

Well I am offended by Uly's utterly reasonable post....down with that sort of thing

Agreed - this creates a dangerous precedent. :blink:

jamboinglasgow

on a side point, it would be good if we had one of these flashy tournaments organised in Scotland, could something be done with Murrayfield?

Well I am offended ay Uly's utterly reasonable post....down with that sort of thing :down:

Careful now.

on a side point, it would be good if we had one of these flashy tournaments organised in Scotland, could something be done with Murrayfield?

No group/individual has the cojones to underwrite a Murrayfield event - there will be various parties in Dublin underwriting this tournament.

Although history is not good - Leeds, Celtic, Lazio, Liverpool (poss), St Pats played there a while ago but no match fees were paid out.

Murrayfield would work for sure if marketed as by Ali Russell - given the success of Hearts v Barca.

(And if it is checked back I think Platinum 1 - an Irish company - underwrote the Barca match.)

The format with the most appropriate 4 teams would attract a profitable gate.

Anything that get's the kents out of scotland for a weekend is alright by me.

They can stay there too.

Don't see anything wrong with this.

Have they not been invited back to the Arsenal one they were at the last couple of years

Celtic are simply "circus clowns" when it comes to pre season friendlies. They get invited because they bring a large travelling support which generates extra revenue. They were still playing friendlies when the spl season had started! They are simply a "squad for hire" and will attend most things like, the works xmas night out, birthday parties, christenings and retirement bashes. They won't however attend Burns night and remembrance day get togethers.

P.S I wouldn't recommend inviting the coaching staff from the boys club to any birthday parties for 15 and under.

Archived