Could Webster be used to freeze out Bouzid

Vengeance

Got a feeling Webster will take the place of Bouzid after he's been making noises about wanting to leave for a bigger club etc!!

Wouldn't be like Romanov to do this to a player who's contract is almost out!!

How ironic that it could be Webster that replaces him after going through the same!!

Bouzid is out of contract in the summer. A suitable replacement became available and Hearts jumped at the chance to sign him. If we, or Bouzid, couldn't agree a new contract it makes perfect sense to replace him now rather than wait for the summer when a very good player has slipped through our fingers.

I fully expect Bouzid to be frozen out, because he's not as good.

Sydney from Sydney

Webster if he can stay fit is a better player than Bouzid, and I don't think Vlad would hesitate to freeze him out if circumstances dictate. Does anyone know what sort of money it took to get Webster's signature ? I imagine he's on a decent wage, and I thought 4k a week was our wage limit.

Webster if he can stay fit is a better player than Bouzid, and I don't think Vlad would hesitate to freeze him out if circumstances dictate. Does anyone know what sort of money it took to get Webster's signature ? I imagine he's on a decent wage, and I thought 4k a week was our wage limit.

I'd heard from a number of places that our wages for first team players was ?3.5k + bonuses. I think we have surplus funds for more high profile signings, so he could be on more than ?4k.

From a reliable source on here, we offered double what Hibs have. I'd maybe guess ?6k?

tartofmidlothian

I think Vlad's strategy is to only freeze out players he wants to keep (Zaliukas, Goncalves, Webster the first time). Bouzid's good but not great, I suspect he's been earmarked as one who can go if the right replacement arrives. Which it has. Reckon Bouzid'll warm the bench for the rest of the season, unless Webby or Zal get injured or JJ fancies trying a 3-5-2 again.

sorry but did nobody notice that Bouzid never started yesterday? Jefferies wouldnt have messed with the team, especially such a good defence.

just my opinion but i'd bet theres been talk between him in vlad and ismael has stated he will be leaving! :ninja:

Commander Harris

sorry but did nobody notice that Bouzid never started yesterday? Jefferies wouldnt have messed with the team, especially such a good defence.

just my opinion but i'd bet theres been talk between him in vlad and ismael has stated he will be leaving! :ninja:

I imagine that nobody noticed that 'bouzid never started yesterday' because it's not actually true.

webster is a superior player to bouzid, so if bouzid isn't getting a game its simply because we now have a better player to take his place. Y would jj leave a far better defender on the bench? Webster will 100% strengthen out back 4, :thumbsup:

I imagine that nobody noticed that 'bouzid never started yesterday' because it's not actually true.

Bouzid wasn't in the starting 11, but if I'm not mistaken somebody broke down in the warm up and jj changed things around then included him.

cheers smartarse. But he wasn't actually in Jefferies original 11. He only came on because Obua got injured in the warm up.

Sydney from Sydney

Now that Webster's a Jambo, I hope he stays fit and wish him all the best. You can't help thinking though that Rangers went about getting him in a long and drawn out way then not playing him. Maybe our training methods are better than Rangers and we can keep him match fit. To see him get the winner with a header against Rangers would be sweet indeed.

Carl Fredrickson

Re his unjuries - AW is the Godfather to a friends bairn (I have only met AW once) and I am told that he has been fit for neatly 18 months but the management at Ibrox didnt want him. Similar to Colin Hendry (and no doubt MANY others) he was a David Murray signing.

I didnt hear this from the horses mouth but from another farm animals mouth...

I think Vlad's strategy is to only freeze out players he wants to keep (Zaliukas, Goncalves, Webster the first time). Bouzid's good but not great, I suspect he's been earmarked as one who can go if the right replacement arrives. Which it has. Reckon Bouzid'll warm the bench for the rest of the season, unless Webby or Zal get injured or JJ fancies trying a 3-5-2 again.

Sorry, but everybody keeps making that mistake. Can anybody REALLY claim to know Vlad's strategy.

Hands up, come on....no, I didn't thinks so.

In an ideal world, Webster would replace Bouzid as of now, but we have to remember Webster's injury problems.

It wouldn't surprise me if Webster contract pays particular attention to appearances made.

In an ideal world, Webster would replace Bouzid as of now, but we have to remember Webster's injury problems.

It wouldn't surprise me if Webster contract pays particular attention to appearances made.

I don't suppose he would have expected anything other than that type of contract regardless of who he signed for. His reputation precedes him.

But yeah when I heard the news that was my first thought. We may not see much of Bouzid between now and the summer, which is fair enough really. We've got a league competition to think about and our best players should be picked. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Bouzid can lick ma hoop. Classier club? Feck off. I'd rather have seen Mrowiec make a name for himself at centre half this season.

I think the term "frozen out" can only really apply when a superior player is left out of the team in favour of an inferior player. :thumbsup:

I certainly think its far more likely that there is some meddling...player contract issues ..... or some freezing out rather than Hearts seeing an opportunity to grab a decent defender for nothing.

Im sure there is always something suspicious going on at the club.

Boooooo

Good, sensible forward planning. Plus, replacing the flaky Bouzid with the more solid and organised Webster could mean we get to see more of Thomson at right back, which might bring benefits elsewhere on the pitch.

Bouzid can lick ma hoop. Classier club? Feck off. I'd rather have seen Mrowiec make a name for himself at centre half this season.

He didn't say that. It was mischief making translation by the Sun. He basically said that if bigger clubs from bigger leagues come calling you have to consider them, or something to that effect. Nothing wrong with that.

Bouzid is off in the summer and Hearts may be looking to sell Zaliukas if any offers come in, so Smokie was an excellent signing despite the history.

Now if Barr can step up to the mark.

Bouzid is off in the summer and Hearts may be looking to sell Zaliukas if any offers come in, so Smokie was an excellent signing despite the history.

Now if Barr can step up to the mark.

That would seem a likely option. Zal might be off to Russia (or somewhere) for a big fee. Barr and Webster sound like a good partnership if I'm being honest. We could have 4 scots in the back 4! (Thomson Barr Webster Wallace) :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Got a feeling Webster will take the place of Bouzid after he's been making noises about wanting to leave for a bigger club etc!!

How ironic that it could be Webster that replaces him after going through the same!!

That's one way of looking at it I suppose but... I am glad however that we will have a good centrehalf already bedded in to the club by the time Bouzid walks in the summer. :thumbsup:

I can't help but think that Vlad is lining up a public humiliation for Judas, to avenge the ill feelings of 2006. Maybe not. Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit. Maybe he's determined to make his money out of Webster, and wants him to get back to top form so he can get the transfer fee he feels was due way back when.

Neither Bouzid nor Judas have impressed me with their attitude towards the club, but, if it has to be one of the two, Judas is the better player and Bouzid is almost definitely away in 4-5 months.....

Zaliukas is a better player than Bouzid.

Yet there is a good chance that the best partnership is Bouzid-Webster rather than Webster-Zaliukas. Both Webster and Zaliukas like to stand off, almost sweeper like. Bouzid is not very good but goes and challenges.

The Treasurer

No-one will be "frozen out"

JJ said himself that we were short of cover a centre half.

A good one became available for nothing so, being a good manager JJ identified him as a signing target. Mr Romanov, being a good club owner sanctioned the signing.

Bouzid is another import who actually thinks hes another world class player whose worth more than his weight in gold,who advises these people?. He is average at best and I wont shed a tear when he goes.

Lets see if all the 'interest' he speaks of down south transpires, methinks he'll be off hire soon and we wont hear of him again.

Dont let the door hit you on the @rse on the way out Bouzy and thanks for the goal against Celtic...Bye :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Bouzid is another import who actually thinks hes another world class player whose worth more than his weight in gold,who advises these people?. He is average at best and I wont shed a tear when he goes.

Lets see if all the 'interest' he speaks of down south transpires, methinks he'll be off hire soon and we wont hear of him again.

Dont let the door hit you on the @rse on the way out Bouzy and thanks for the goal against Celtic...Bye :thumbsup:

Goncalves was a far superior player to Bouzid and he has not exactly walked into bigger and better things either. Some agents are total charlatans.

Goncalves was a far superior player to Bouzid and he has not exactly walked into bigger and better things either. Some agents are total charlatans.

Another player badly advised.

Craig Herbertson

Now that Webster's a Jambo, I hope he stays fit and wish him all the best. You can't help thinking though that Rangers went about getting him in a long and drawn out way then not playing him. Maybe our training methods are better than Rangers and we can keep him match fit. To see him get the winner with a header against Rangers would be sweet indeed.

It makes you realise how many players the Old Firm buy up to avoid having to play against them. It's the oldest tactic in the book. To use an analogy from the music business the German Punk scene was killed off in its infancy by record companys signing young talent then refusing to release any records by them - Let's hope Webster comes good for Hearts. In the end its only the team that counts. If he helps us win games I can forget bad things in the past quite easily.

The Treasurer

Another player badly advised.

Who ?

Webster or Bouzid ?

Most (not all) players put themselves in the hands of agents who sole purpose is to make as much money for themselves on the back of their "clients"

Who ?

Webster or Bouzid ?

Most (not all) players put themselves in the hands of agents who sole purpose is to make as much money for themselves on the back of their "clients"

Goncalves,if youd read the what I was replying to. ALL agents are in it to feather there own nests..not most.

Bouzid has improved dramatically since Zali came back into the team but there is no doubt Webster is the better player so if Bouzid gets dropped then it is simply because a better CB has arrived at the club

This is really easy. Webster is better at football than Bouzid, and should play alongside Zaliukas for the rest of the season. Bouzid is now the third-best centre half at the club, and should generally be on the bench/cover when Webster or Zaliukas is unavailable. Note that this is not the same as being frozen out. Also, it depresses me how many people have decided Bouzid is evil because he wants to play for the best team he can, based on reporting from a quality newspaper like the Sun, in the run-up to an old firm game. If you had actually read the article, you would see that he hadn't said anything wrong. He's perfectly well attuned to play for Hearts, he just makes mistakes sometimes because he's only of average standard.

Its a no brainer Bouzids games are numbered at tynie if Vlad has anything to do with it.

Grumpy.

Diadora Van Basten

I would start the next match with Webster and Zal and put Bouzid on the bench.

I have never been that happy with Bouzid. He wastes a lot of possession, goes to ground too easily and gives away unnecessary fouls.

Zal and Wallace are better defenders but I am a bit worried whether they can form a partnership.

That Bouzid is out of contract in the summer should not come into the equation.

winston churchill

bouzid will be out on his ear come the summer.

JJ will bring in another centre half as wee darren barr wont cut-it.

i thought some big EPL or the auldfurm would have nailed bouzid down on a pre contract by now :lol:.

it's also funny how JJ/vlad don't want to get him signed up :rolleyes:.

for me,

watching bouzid play football is like watching an elephant trying to trap a balloon.

webster will be our first choice centre half imo as he is better than bouzid and just edges zal as he started to have a few bombscares every game at the moment.

bouzid prob wont play again if webster and zal stay fit !!!

Archived