UEFA co-efficient

Ulysses

As far as I can recall, Scotland has one CL place next season. But is there a second slot on offer for 2012-13 because of changes in national UEFA co-efficients?

Are you suggesting we are due to peak at just the right time ? :thumbsup:

If there are two places in 2012-13 (and I'm not sure that there are) it means that second place will be a pearl of significant price next season. First, of course, is what everyone wants, but a CL place is not to be sneezed at.

Drylaw Hearts

I think it is indeed 2 places that will be up for grabs next season.

If Celtic win the SPL and with Rangers in real deep shit, having to face even more cuts to their budgets, the race for 2nd place could be a lot closer.

Sorry i'm not really answering any questions here,Uly,as i don't know how they work out the detail in advance i.e 2012-13.

Could i be right in saying though that that year's co-efficient could be determined by how far Rangers progress in this season's Europa League?

....with Rangers in real deep shit....

This is a quote from Drylaw Hearts' forthcoming text book called Accountancy Jargon Explained.

:lol:

As far as I can recall, Scotland has one CL place next season. But is there a second slot on offer for 2012-13 because of changes in national UEFA co-efficients?

This table shows that Scotland is indeed on the verge of regaining two CL berths for 2012/13 - albeit the SPL runners-up will have next to no chance of reaching the CL group stage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient

Unhappily, this table, combined with a 25th placed finish last year, and a 29th placed one in 2009, suggests the two places on offer for 2012/13 will almost certainly be reduced to one again in subsequent years:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/ccoef2011.html

Drylaw Hearts

This is a quote from Drylaw Hearts' forthcoming text book called Accountancy Jargon Explained.

:lol:

I thought I'd keep it simple.

I thought I'd keep it simple.

Works for me. :lol::thumbsup:

EDIT: And the intricacies of high finance are a bit easier to understand than the UEFA co-efficient, come to think of it. :unsure::blink:

This table shows that Scotland is indeed on the verge of regaining two CL berths for 2012/13 - albeit the SPL runners-up will have next to no chance of reaching the CL group stage:

http://en.wikipedia....EFA_coefficient

Unhappily, this table, combined with a 25th placed finish last year, and a 29th placed one in 2009, suggests the two places on offer for 2012/13 will almost certainly be reduced to one again in subsequent years:

http://www.xs4all.nl.../ccoef2011.html

Don't worry

We're going to win the Europa league next year that'll do wonders for the coefficient

From my limited understanding, Switzerland are the only country that can deny us two CL places for season 2012-13. So ideally we would want Zenit to beat young boys and Spartak Moscow to beat Basle (supporting McGeady might be a step too far for some on here) in the Europa League and for Rangers to win at least one leg against Sporting, to make sure we have the two CL places back.

Nice thread. Good to know.

And here was me thinking that the official JKB attitude towards the co-efficient was, "Who cares? As long as Rangers and Celtic get pumped, likesay."

Drylaw Hearts

Nice thread. Good to know.

And here was me thinking that the official JKB attitude towards the co-efficient was, "Who cares? As long as Rangers and Celtic get pumped, likesay."

That attitude left along with Grand Master Therapist.

Imagine there was a champions league purely for league winners only. Wouldnt that be a crazy idea that would generate money for other leagues to compete.

The Treasurer

That attitude left along with Grand Master Therapist.

That kind of goes against the "closet hun" theory that was popular to describe that particular (former) posterblink.gif

Archived