_________________Kyle

:thumbsup:

_________________Kello

C.Thomson__Webster__Zaliukas__Wallace

_____________Black__Mrowiec

_____Templeton__Skacel__Driver

_________________Kyle

This would be my team for Hamilton. I think playing against a side with little confidence could allow temps to shine. Though wouldn't mind if suso played as I think when he is match sharp he will be outstanding again.

_________________Kello

_________________Kyle

Love seeing Driver in the starting line up. For the team bottom of the league that we're currently 6-0 up on on aggregate, this team for me yes please! Except perhaps Pali for Adrian, not that fussed on that one though.

ernie winchester

This would be my team for Hamilton. I think playing against a side with little confidence could allow temps to shine. Though wouldn't mind if suso played as I think when he is match sharp he will be outstanding again.

You may have a good argument there for starting Temps. I would like to see Eggy back in his 'best' position though.

_________________Kello

_________________Kyle

Drop Black and replace with S Elliot and play 4-4-2 and then your talking. Hate seeing the team sheet withouth Ruben tho

You may have a good argument there for starting Temps. I would like to see Eggy back in his 'best' position though.

Would be interested to know what you think Eggert's "best" position is

Purely from a personal point of view what do you think eggerts best position is?

Can't understand why so many appear to have such a high pain threshold when it comes to Eggy. Most other players are criticised mercilessly as soon as they have one bad game. IMO, bearing his recent form in mind, he should have no complaint if he found himself on the bench for a couple of games. I like the lad but the fact is, he hasn't been delivering the goods lately. Maybe a return to a more natural position is what's required but truthfully he's up against other players there who are currently playing better than him.

Snake Plissken

_________________Kello

_________________Kyle

When on form, that will be a quite magnificent team to watch.

ernie winchester

Purely from a personal point of view what do you think eggerts best position is?

Defensive mid mate, undoubtedly. Adrian's been doing a fine job there and Eggy's been toiling a bit at right back, but I just feel Eggy's got the edge on Adrian when it comes to mobility and distribution. Also, like many, a bit of a soft spot for Eggy because he's the consummate pro, always gives 100%, never hides, and on a few occasions, has taken it upon himself to drive forward when nothing's happening and pull something special out the bag.

He did a decent job at centre back too mind.

ernie winchester

Can't understand why so many appear to have such a high pain threshold when it comes to Eggy. Most other players are criticised mercilessly as soon as they have one bad game. IMO, bearing his recent form in mind, he should have no complaint if he found himself on the bench for a couple of games. I like the lad but the fact is, he hasn't been delivering the goods lately. Maybe a return to a more natural position is what's required but truthfully he's up against other players there who are currently playing better than him.

I agree with this. Eggy has done his best recently, but he's no full back and consequently has been found out. Many are reluctant to criticise him because he's got a kind of 'cult' status. I think the fact that he's been a great utility player, filling in at full back, at centre half, wide midfield, etc. and the fact he always just gets on with it and never complains is why he's so popular. He gives his all for the shirt, every single game and even when he's out of position and playing a howler, he still gives it everything.

However, he is a very good defensive midfield player.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

I have a dream for next season.....

___________Kello

Bouzid__Webster__Zaliukas ___Wallace

Driver_____Eremenko__Mrowiec__Skacel__Templeton

_________________Kyle

:whistling:

___________Kello

_________________Kyle

id shoot ma bolt for that squad!! awesome!!

ernie winchester

___________Kello

_________________Kyle

Eremenko would be a tasty addition, but Bouzid at right back? I've seen oil tankers turn faster than Bouzid! :)

_________________Kello

_________________Kyle

Would maybe switch driver and temps, so when kk knocks it down they can cut inside and shoot with their stronger foot. :thumbsup:

First Team 4-2-3-1

Kello

________ Zal Webster Wallace

Mowriec Black

Temps Skacel Driver

Kyle

Reserve Team 4-4-2

McDonald

C Thompson Barr ________ Pala

Suso Eggert Stevenson Nova

Elliott Glen

With these it would mean a new right back arriving in the summer for the first team or to share with C Thompson.. The rest of the reserve team could be made up from players from our youth teams.. There needs to be a more streamlined process from the U19's into our first team squads..

To do this we need to get rid of most of our dead wood.. Balogh/Elliot etc. have a first team squad of 20ish and the rest being our youth squads.. There are a few young ones that need to get some 1st team game time soon.. the likes of Robinson and Prychenko to name 2..

Charlie-Brown

Isn't it funny how players show a huge improvement (Palazeulos & Bouzid) in the season that their contracts are up for renewal?

_________________Kello

_________________Kyle

I would play Palo instead of Mrowiec as Palo can do the same job as Mrowiec but is a little bit more skilful on the ball,

Also with Palo it would make the left side of our team very strong and interchangeable.

Good chance you will,he will be a sub from now on. :)

We_are_the_Hearts

I'm not sure I fancy Black and Ruben as a CM partnership.

We need to add a bit of quality to the midfield in the Summer.

I would maybe try Jonsson (engine) and Pala (passing + composure) and see how they get on. Harsh on Black and Mrowiec but there is not much between the 4 of thm to be honest. Eggy gets about the park well but his distribution has been woeful.

Charlie-Brown

I would maybe try Jonsson (engine) and Pala (passing + composure) and see how they get on. Harsh on Black and Mrowiec but there is not much between the 4 of thm to be honest. Eggy gets about the park well but his distribution has been woeful.

I'd like to see Scott Robinson, Danny Thomson or Jason Holt put themselves in the picture for some first team action between now & the end of the season and hopefully give us a wee bit guile and craft in midfield that the others don't provide - maybe also save us a few bob in the transfer market if they prove they can cut the mustard.

We_are_the_Hearts

I'd like to see Scott Robinson, Danny Thomson or Jason Holt put themselves in the picture for some first team action between now & the end of the season and hopefully give us a wee bit guile and craft in midfield that the others don't provide - maybe also save us a few bob in the transfer market if they prove they can cut the mustard.

From what I have seen of them, especially Holt and Robinson they would be more suited to the role Skacel plays. Was hoping they would step up when the pressure was on in the Hibs cup tie but they showed they still have a bit to go. Reckon they will be seen as successors to the Skacel role by JJ and he will be looking for a Bryson type to be signed to come in and play one of the deeper roles.

No quite sure what part of Elliott's strong hold up play, intelligent running, finishing and tireless endeavour have him deserving of being left out of most of these line ups...

I actually consider this to be good for Hearts as it does show a little bit of depth in the squad for the games before the split.

_________________Kello

_________________Kyle

Put in Elliott for Templeton and you're talking. :thumbsup:

Would be interested to know what you think Eggert's "best" position is

Jack of all trades, master of none?

Reserve Team 4-4-2

McDonald

C Thompson Barr ________ Pala

Suso Eggert Stevenson Nova

Elliott Glen

Even that team would spank the hobos and most other teams in the SPL bar the OF.

We really are building a decent squad which will leave the rest ( non OF ) trailing for years to come if we can keep it together.

Drylaw Hearts

It's on the list of things to do.

Seems from this thread that, as long as we can keep the squad together we have an excellent first fourteen or fifteen next season. Bouzid will probably go and I've no idea who else is out of contract but I believe in the following squad abilities (who I believe are all signed beyond this summer).

Kello

McDonald

Thomson

Wallace

Webster

Zaliukas

Mrowiec

Jonsson

Black

Stevenson (maybe)

Skacel

Templeton

Driver

Suso (maybe)

Novikovas

S.Elliott

Kyle

That nucleus, coupled with another creative midfielder (Eremenko?) and another physical striker (Bednar?) would see me well chuffed. That'd be 19 players and I wouldn't think the team would be weakened with any combo.

PS missed Ruben as I suspect he may be out of contract?

Was havin a discussion in work with a few boys since we hav quiet a few sittin midfielders cood we play a solid back 3 2 sittin defenders and two wing backs with 1 up top and rudi in behind jus a idea

Archived