The official "Im not sure exactly how I feel about Webster returning" thread

Mr Sifter

Anyone else not too sure how they feel about this transfer?

For years now Ive hated Webster. detested him in fact. No doubt you could trawl through my posting history and find some serious slatings towards him. I hated what he did to us, I hated the way we were screwed, I wished nothing but misfortune towards the guy.

Now tho?

I honestly dont know. I mean, I know for a fact that Ill never ever sing his name, but at the same time, whether I like it or not, hes one of us again (and for those who disagree.....the fact is that he IS now one of us, whether we like it or not) so I feel I MUST support him.

Because hes out there tryin to do the best for our team. MY team, and now, once again, HIS team.

I sit here and ask myself, if Vlad can forgive and forget, why cant I? I mean, it was VLAD that lost out on a large transfer fee, not me.

Im confused. Anyone else got mixed emotions, or are all you guys firmly on one side of the fence, which ever side that may be?

The only thing I AM sure of is that his nickname from now on should be JUDAS. In jest or not, thats what he should be called. If he is any sort of man he'll take it on board and laugh it off.

The one thing I WILL say is that Andy Webster has got MASSIVE BALLS for coming back to Hearts. SO for that alone I suppose he deserves (a little) respect.

Numb is how I feel, but underneath I feel chuffed as Feck.

Great signing IMHO.

As u say, if Vlad can forgive and forget! So can I.

you don't need to feel anything about it.

it doesn't matter what we all wanted or thought should happen. the club have decided and that's an end to it.

all that happens now is that the fans support the team, the whole team.

anyone that doesn't support andy webster the hearts player is a bit soft in the head.

the end.

I sit here and ask myself, if Vlad can forgive and forget, why cant I? I mean, it was VLAD that lost out on a large transfer fee, not me.

Im confused. Anyone else got mixed emotions, or are all you guys firmly on one side of the fence, which ever side that may be?

The one thing I WILL say is that Andy Webster has got MASSIVE BALLS for coming back to Hearts. SO for that alone I suppose he deserves (a little) respect.

Brilliant post as per usual Mr S.

I was chatting to my bro earlier tonight - he's delighted to have Webster back, I just couldn't figue out how I felt or feel. But as you said, if Vlad can accept him back then I feel almost duty bound to.

The bit in bold - completely agree. He could've have moved to the Championship for an easier ride and more cash. Regardless of what Webster says in interviews in the days and weeks ahead, he obviously wants to come here and win us all round. Fair play to the guy.

We may never know what happened with him at Rangers, he may see Hearts as his best opportunity to feck them over for it.

jt

Wow, is it really permissible on the internets to have non-polarized opinion and/or even grown-up non knee-jerking reactions?

How liberating!

I was :judas: when Webster left, but since he seems chuffed to be back and also because he told the hobos to take a hike and keep their tupppence ha'penny a week, I'm now :jesus::thumbsup:

This is deffo the thread for me on Webster.

I think as long as he's a Hearts player he deserves backing for that (That goes for any Hearts player)

There's no getting away from the fact that he will improve our defence.

He was a fantastic player in his first spell here.

It's just all that dragged out stuff in between that boils ma pish (and still does)

Definition of Repentance - Recognisisng your "mistake" and changing your mind and direction away from the way you lived your life and turning back to the "right" way!

Only response to true repentance - forgiveness and encouragement/empowerment to keep going in the right direction!

By the way,slightly different I know but, I hated Drew Busby when he played for Airdrie; Alex Macdonald when he played for Rangers etc.!!!

Think I'm probably in here. A fellow poster on here summed it up well on Facebook I think:

**** Andy Webster, a horrible, horrible prick of a man. I hope he does brilliantly. *sigh*

I'm sure he wont mind me quoting him...:P

On a purely football basis, a fit and playing Webster is a crackin' acquisition ...

I think it will work well. When he soars above an opposition defence and planks a corner of Rudi's behind a visiting keeper, I'll be very happy.

Think I'm probably in here. A fellow poster on here summed it up well on Facebook I think:

I'm sure he wont mind me quoting him...:P

Sums up my feelings too.

I detested Judas but todays events make me feel we still don't know the whole story. Vlad obviously knows something we don't otherwise his pride would have knocked back JJ's suggestion that we sign him. Perhaps Vlad's issue is entirely with Rangers who engineered the whole sorry episode and he thinks that Webster was just a daft laddie badly advised by the arch fud Duddy ?

Regardless, Andy is part of my club now so he gets my vote - and I hope he scores a late winner from a corner the next time we play the huns :thumbsup:

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I'm firmly in the 'meh' camp also. It cannot be denied that Webster acted like a spoilt, disrespectful pleb all those years ago. Yet, a lot has changed since then: it would appear our great club is no longer being run into the ground by financial mismanagement and an ongoing list of bizarre footballing decisions. Further we have a whole new management team and playing staff since those fateful days who surely do not hold a grudge against our Judas. And lastly it seems that the player himself is, if not repentant, then eager to again endear himself to the ;ambo faithful, and that takes a lot of guts. So all-in-all I suppose its best to reluctantly give him the benefit of the doubt. I welcome you Andy but certainly not with open arms!

Feel exactly the same as the OP.

I certainly wont be applauding him on to the pitch on his comeback but I doubt I'll boo him either.

I suppose when all is said and done I'm for this as I was kinda hoping he'd sign for us as he is a good player despite being an absolute shitehawk of a man. What he can do for us in the future outweighs what he's done in the past by a bawhair imo.

I'm firmly in the 'meh' camp also. It cannot be denied that Webster acted like a spoilt, disrespectful pleb all those years ago. Yet, a lot has changed since then: it would appear our great club is no longer being run into the ground by financial mismanagement and an ongoing list of bizarre footballing decisions. Further we have a whole new management team and playing staff since those fateful days who surely do not hold a grudge against our Judas. And lastly it seems that the player himself is, if not repentant, then eager to again endear himself to the ;ambo faithful, and that takes a lot of guts. So all-in-all I suppose its best to reluctantly give him the benefit of the doubt. I welcome you Andy but certainly not with open arms!

Exactly. Well said. :thumbsup:

I was just thinking everyone's been getting so worked up about it. When was the last time I saw him PLAY?

Can't even remember, probably for Utd. Has he still even got it? Maybe he's knackered? Rangers must have got rid for a reason.

Numb is how I feel, but underneath I feel chuffed as Feck.

Great signing IMHO.

As u say, if Vlad can forgive and forget! So can I.

Similar feelings

I was just thinking everyone's been getting so worked up about it. When was the last time I saw him PLAY?

Can't even remember, probably for Utd. Has he still even got it? Maybe he's knackered? Rangers must have got rid for a reason.

Rumour has it that he didn't see eye to eye with Walter. No idea if that's true or not, but he'll have had to pass a medical. :teehee:

Let's just hope his attitude and ability is up for the returning to former club challenge.

He is exactly the type of player we needed in a critical position. We needed someone with experience who could lead the line if Zal was out. We needed a no nonsense type centre half to balance out Zal's charges upfield. We needed someone to cover if Bouzid goes, if we get suspensions and until/if Barr gets better.

We have also now collected a Killie captain, a Falkirk captain and a Dundee United captain. We may get another Killie captain in the summer. Given the complete lack of leadership we had a few years back this is a very good development.

Many people on here were prepared to take someone like Frazer Wright as cover. Webster is a far, far better player.

JJ has improved every player he has brought to the club and many of those who were here already. I think we will benefit greatly from this signing.

Hopefully he can make amends by giving his all for us for the rest of his career.

He is exactly the type of player we needed in a critical position. We needed someone with experience who could lead the line if Zal was out. We needed a no nonsense type centre half to balance out Zal's charges upfield. We needed someone to cover if Bouzid goes, if we get suspensions and until/if Barr gets better.

We have also now collected a Killie captain, a Falkirk captain and a Dundee United captain. We may get another Killie captain in the summer. Given the complete lack of leadership we had a few years back this is a very good development.

Many people on here were prepared to take someone like Frazer Wright as cover. Webster is a far, far better player.

JJ has improved every player he has brought to the club and many of those who were here already. I think we will benefit greatly from this signing.

Hopefully he can make amends by giving his all for us for the rest of his career.

I dont think he'll be used as cover...

Ignoring Webster's non football issues, JJ is shrewdly building a good side. A bit like he did in 1996 to 1997. :)

Feel exactly the same as the OP.

I certainly wont be applauding him on to the pitch on his comeback but I doubt I'll boo him either.

I suppose when all is said and done I'm for this as I was kinda hoping he'd sign for us as he is a good player despite being an absolute shitehawk of a man. What he can do for us in the future outweighs what he's done in the past by a bawhair imo.

I agree with this. Over the last couple of days I've actually found myself hoping he will sign which disappoints me a bit.

Like you've said, I won't boo him but I won't cheer him on his debut either. I'm glad he's back as I think he will improve the team but there is no way I'm going to applaud him back. I'll support him at Hearts and if he does well then I'm sure my opinion will improve of him but I don't think he deserves to be applauded on his return.

webster signs for hearts tough one to accept but gauranteed he wont be leaving to wigan aka rangers for next to nout this time

We saw him play all last season, not really that long ago. thats when we saw Driver play and he is still a player. Hes definitely not knackered. He was a non OF nominee for POTY, which isnt easy to do. If it wasnt Webster, a 28 yr old 23 capped international then we would be over the moon. But im also mixed and a bit numb about it but despite the contempt I have, my gut feeling tells me im happy and i think he will be a success. I likened it on another thread to your mates bird. If she cheated on him, but he took her back. You dont like it, you still dont like her but hes your mate and hes made his decision so you go with it. Thats whats happened here. so I wont be singing his name but I wont be booing him either.

Can we assume the guy has learned his lesson. Hearts took him from relative obscurity and then he.....well, he's made his thoughts clear and signed a contract till 2013. That's nearly quarter past eight! Where he goes after that is anybody's guess!

I found the reality of him signing too much to take so have spent the night smoking jazz cigarettes and listening to the dark side of the moon through headphones.....

Siphiwe Tshabalala

This is exactly how i feel.

Im very unsure how i feel about this signing.

Tbh im just glad the muppets over the road never got his signature. :turned:

if he is to win me over he has to put in a few good shifts, if not then there is no way we will get 30 pieces of silver for him. :rolleyes:

I detested Judas but todays events make me feel we still don't know the whole story. Vlad obviously knows something we don't otherwise his pride would have knocked back JJ's suggestion that we sign him. Perhaps Vlad's issue is entirely with Rangers who engineered the whole sorry episode and he thinks that Webster was just a daft laddie badly advised by the arch fud Duddy ?

Regardless, Andy is part of my club now so he gets my vote -

This sums it up for me

So it's a bit like you meet a girl, fall hopelessly in love, get married and after 4 years find out someone is hitting on her.

You have a bit of a row about it which drags on for a bit and ultimately, she leaves taking her "share" and leaving you out of pocket. She then ends up going with the bloke who was hitting on her in the first place, it doesn't work out so she comes back to you.

You hate her for what she done to you but is was good while it lasted.

Do you:

A- Give her a second chance

B - Punch her in the face and tell her to f@ck off

No idea personally.

mahgrassyshoes

Glad to have Andy Webster the football back.

Not happy at having Andy Webster the man back.

Hearts are a football team and at the end of the day I support the football team so having a good footballer I should be happy, right? So why am I still not sure?!

I support the team so I will support Andy Webster the player when he is on the park in a maroon shirt. I won't boo him and i won't sound him out for personal credit. If he scores I will celebrate a Hearts goal, not an Andy Webster goal.

jack D and coke

At the end of the day pretty much every single footballer on earth is an utter c*ck these days Webster aint alone here so everybody needs to stop acting like big girls over this and accept that he left on crappy terms but he's back to hopefully strengthen our squad and help the club win games.

Get over it ffs.

I'm in this boat, detested him at the time for doing the dirty on us.

With hindsight though you can see he has had his head turned by the agent and the ugly sister lifting her skirt and showing him her clout (money)

He's gone with the flow and the promise of money that would probably mean that he and his family would be comfortable (if not millionaires) for life.

Allied to the fact that Vlad was a bit mad at the time Burley sacking, Rix debacle etc and I can see why he did what he did.

Ask yourself HONESTLY what would you have done, even as true Jambos.

What is in no doubt is that he has cojones coming back to us and for that alone he earns a degree or respect from me.

No love here but when he pulls on the maroon and i for one will be 100% behind him, If Vlad can forgive so should we.

So it's a bit like you meet a girl, fall hopelessly in love, get married and after 4 years find out someone is hitting on her.

You have a bit of a row about it which drags on for a bit and ultimately, she leaves taking her "share" and leaving you out of pocket. She then ends up going with the bloke who was hitting on her in the first place, it doesn't work out so she comes back to you.

You hate her for what she done to you but is was good while it lasted.

Do you:

A- Give her a second chance

B - Punch her in the face and tell her to f@ck off

No idea personally.

Or Shag her sister and best mate and if your still in love with the first one then she's the one your meant to be with IMHO :rolleyes:

john brownlee

I feel its abit like when we sign a hobo. I'm going to give him three or four games. then I might just might sing his name like sir Paul.

but at the moment I maybe sitting on the fence but leaning to feeling badly let down. as one poster said a goal against the huns would change all that.

and thats it now I'm not going to read any more webster posts

Gonnae jump on this fence.

I DO NOT like the way AW left the club, however, i'm sure he'll improve the team so therefore happy to accept JJ and VR's judgement on this one!

Archived