So what does this say about Hartleygate?

Francis Albert

Francis Albert

As I remember only one paper (the Scottish Sun?) really ran with the story that Hartley refused to make a public apology required by Vlad, although others including the EEN and Scotsman picked it up, not independently but on the back of the original story. Today's events make it seem more unlikely that this was the real reason Hartley went to Aberdeen. If Vlad is prepared to forgive and forget the far greater sins of Webster, why would he have required Hartley to do what was reported?.

Rudolf's Mate

Says nothing as you can read into it what you want! One thing could be that time is a healer and also JJ possibly does have a crackin relationship with Vlad with Vlad trusting his judgement.

I could go on...

even if the 'confession' story had any basis then i guess it says that romanov was more personally wounded in terms of his ego due to R3 than he was regarding webster's departure and subsequent legal case.

i still wouldn't place any money on the 'confession' thing being true.

As I remember only one paper (the Scottish Sun?) really ran with the story that Hartley refused to make a public apology required by Vlad, although others including the EEN and Scotsman picked it up, not independently but on the back of the original story. Today's events make it seem more unlikely that this was the real reason Hartley went to Aberdeen. If Vlad is prepared to forgive and forget the far greater sins of Webster, why would he have required Hartley to do what was reported?.

Maybe he was informed on how pizd off everyone was when Hartley didn't happen or maybe he saw it as two different scenarios, Webster was not part of the Riccarton 3 so didn't have to sign whatever nonsense Hartley had to.

Hartley was 34, Websters 28, maybe he sees a transfer out of him in the future?

Perhaps Hartley's confession was to be on his weight.

After filling his face so much he clearly wouldn't have made the weight for the SPL fight.

Did you no ask the same pish when Rudi returned?

Was just thinking the same.

I suggested at the time that Hearts were less forthcoming with a contract offer than Aberdeen and that's why he joined them. The written apology was nothing but Weejia speculation (shit stirring).

there is also added value for vlad to be seen to bring the various 'black sheep' back into the fold.

it adds weight to the theory - if there is one - that hearts football club isn't the environment that people tried to portray it as... one to get the hell out of as quick as possible.

Francis Albert

Did you no ask the same pish when Rudi returned?

Can't remember, but don't think so. After all people seemed to think Rudi was required to confess his sins (his "I was misled by bad people" line).

Today seems to me to weigh the evidence more towards Rudi's words being his own, and the required Hartley confession story being, in your word, pish, which I thought at the tiime.

That's all.

Was just thinking the same.

I suggested at the time that Hearts were less forthcoming with a contract offer than Aberdeen and that's why he joined them. The written apology was nothing but Weejia speculation (shit stirring).

I thought we all thought and hearts thought hartley was a "done deal" especially as when the squad numbers were released there was no name assigned to number 10, fuelling speculation PH would sign for us. The hearts management team did want him at the time. The PH saga did seem to drag on a bit so you may be right.

I thought we all thought and hearts thought hartley was a "done deal" especially as when the squad numbers were released there was no name assigned to number 10, fuelling speculation PH would sign for us. The hearts management team did want him at the time. The PH saga did seem to drag on a bit so you may be right.

JJ never sounded all that keen on him, he was more keen on Bryson.

Don't really understand the ongoing obsession with the Aberdeen captain of some people on here... :rolleyes:

And that is interesting. They did not want Hartley, they did not get him. They did want Webster, they got him.

pettigrewsstylist

how about ,,,,the story was true

and vlad didnt push it this time?

hartley is past it ,we could maybe see the best of webster now as thought he was outstanding last season

this is a great day for us mad vlad is now thinking alot more of the team than himself it appears :thumbsup:

Archived