Mr Romanov has today proved

jayjay

That he trusts Jim Jefferies 100% and will back him in every way he can possible.

This can be none other than fantastic news for our Famous Football club!!!

That he trusts Jim Jefferies 100% and will back him in every way he can possible.

oh yes! gd times upon us! onward and upwards!

Was just talking to my mate about the exact same thing. Vlad and JJ seem to have a very good relationship, long may that continue. :thumbsup:

Was just talking to my mate about the exact same thing. Vlad and JJ seem to have a very good relationship, long may that continue. :thumbsup:

I think Vlad knows he has a true Jambo as manager and he's in it for the love of Hearts and not as a stepping stone onto other things.

This is good. :thumbsup:

certainly seems to be an excellent relationship.

mores the pity that jim's contract wont last forever and that he had planned to retire at the end of it.

vlad's next piece of business - and finest hour of all - is to attend to jim jefferies, billy brown and gary locke.

Italian Lambretta

Gary locke and Robbo the next generation.

mores the pity that jim's contract wont last forever and that he had planned to retire at the end of it.

vlad's next piece of business - and finest hour of all - is to attend to jim jefferies, billy brown and gary locke.

I would rather see Billy Brown take the helm before either of those two, purely down to experience.

But.....but.....but.....wasn't Vlad over here for the St J game just to kick JJ's arse over the Celtic defeat?

God, it's hard to keep up with current trends in the meeja these days! :woot:

I think Vlad knows he has a true Jambo as manager and he's in it for the love of Hearts and not as a stepping stone onto other things.

This is good. :thumbsup:

Right on the money, I'm sure!!!

This is definitely superb news regarding Romanov's change of style, and his obvious trust in Jefferies.

He also comes out of this with far more integrity, as the 'bigger man'.

Doubtful if the weegia will pick up on this mind.

Reading between the lines of Webster's statement though, he comes over as arrogant.

His love for the club being proved by his return?

Do me a favour! :yucky:

The decent thing to do, irrespective of his personal feeling, was to offer an apology.

There'll be no boos from me, and the team will get my continued 100% backing, but I will never like this guy.

There. I'm over it.

Back to Hearts and winning games.

:thumbsup:

J Cheever Loophole

Feck the force 9 blowin' oot side, there's a big front a goosebumps heading my way.

Dr Ian Malcolm

This is definitely superb news regarding Romanov's change of style, and his obvious trust in Jefferies.

He also comes out of this with far more integrity, as the 'bigger man'.

Doubtful if the weegia will pick up on this mind.

Reading between the lines of Webster's statement though, he comes over as arrogant.

His love for the club being proved by his return?

Do me a favour! :yucky:

The decent thing to do, irrespective of his personal feeling, was to offer an apology.

There'll be no boos from me, and the team will get my continued 100% backing, but I will never like this guy.

There. I'm over it.

Back to Hearts and winning games.

:thumbsup:

Tbf, whatever he said would have been picked up on. Said he's back because he wants to be, and says the club means a lot to him, and leaves it at that. Sensible IMO.

Bang on the money :thumbsup:

Was discussing this myself, compared it (for those US based expats like myself) to the way that Joe Torre was able to work under Steinbrenner at the detested Yankees, keep him happy, absord a lot of the grief, and let the team get on with the job

jambo_til_i_die

But.....but.....but.....wasn't Vlad over here for the St J game just to kick JJ's arse over the Celtic defeat?

But that happened to the final run in to the January transfer window, and remember Jeffries went out to Lithuania for a meeting with Vlad about players.

Webster's return is great news for hearts.

If VR can see past his past indiscretion then every Hearts fan should be able to do the same.

Difficult to see how the half- wits in the press can put a negative spin on this.

If VR can see past his past indiscretion then every Hearts fan should be able to do the same.

Difficult to see how the half- wits in the press can put a negative spin on this.

Oh. i'm sure the press will find some dirt to tell the world, they are the lowest of the low, remember!?

On Webster, he's got a lot to prove, not just to Hearts...the club he made his name at, but for himself. I'm sure he had to have a long, hard think about coming back after what happened but, fair play to him for standing up and taking this chance. Since he left Hearts, he's been to a few clubs, he's missed a big part of his career because of various different things but after watching him playing for Dundee Utd last season, it reminded me and a lot of folk how good a player he actually is. I thought he'd be Weir's replacement at Rangers and was surprised he didn't start the season! He's 28, plenty experience and will stroll back in that Scotland squad soon enough.

Was discussing this myself, compared it (for those US based expats like myself) to the way that Joe Torre was able to work under Steinbrenner at the detested Yankees, keep him happy, absord a lot of the grief, and let the team get on with the job

Amen

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I know virtually nothing about baseball/American football/basketball so the comparison is lost. For my benefit, any chance of putting a wee bit of explanation in there? I know it doesn't really matter, but you've got me intrigued now.....

Let's not retire Jim just yet. The big guy has plenty left in the tank and his new tanned and relaxed style is taking years off him.

jim-jefferies-image-1-473422338.jpg

I have to confess.......

I am having an increasing amount of gay thoughts over Mr Romanov.

I feckin love him!

I have to confess.......

I feckin love him!

I hated you a couple of years ago. (Negative) so and so. Now: In your words 'I rather like (love) you now.' :thumbsup:

Just shows these roasters up for what they are

Anything to rock the boat

I think it really says a lot about JJ that he's managed to bring about this change though I'm wondering if not having gay thoughts about Vlad makes me less of a Jambo?

I hated you a couple of years ago. (Negative) so and so. Now: In your words 'I rather like (love) you now.' :thumbsup:

Aw shucks mate :lol:

how long is jj's current contract?

I have to confess.......

I feckin love him!

Hands off I saw him first!!!!!!!!!

Disser Pointon

I would rather see Billy Brown take the helm before either of those two, purely down to experience.

Billys only a year younger than Jeff and not looking to go any longer!!

Let's not retire Jim just yet. The big guy has plenty left in the tank and his new tanned and relaxed style is taking years off him.

Do the first class stamps star JJ now then? Poor old Brenda will not be amused.

Mr Romanov has today proved:

That he is a class act.

Still wish he would turn up at Tynecastle more often.

Has he finally woken up to the fact that Rangers and Celtic are there

for the taking,and that they are single fish.

"Thanks King Vladimir Romanov" :thumbsup:

I'm at work so can't access you tube, can someone post the Romanov v Bednar sparring match.

Vlad is a lad

LEGEND!

Victor Meldrew

I've long said that Romanov appears to work on the basis of trust: trust in a person's ability and their loyalty to the club. Just look at the difference in the way things appear to be working at HMFC now that we have a manager who Romanov can trust to have the club's best interests at heart (forgive the pun).

I've long said that Romanov appears to work on the basis of trust: trust in a person's ability and their loyalty to the club. Just look at the difference in the way things appear to be working at HMFC now that we have a manager who Romanov can trust to have the club's best interests at heart (forgive the pun).

He's a business, trust is paramount to him.

JJ clearly knows how to handle him. JJ is showing his experience by doing this.

Well done JJ!

How about this

VR: Jim take this Rizla bloke and you can have anyone you want.

JJ: Ok I'll have Andy Webster.

Huge respect to VR for allowing this to happen. He obviously trusts JJ completely and the atmosphere around club since he got the job has been tremendous. thumbsup.gif

This is the best thing about Webster signing. Other than he is a good footballer (he will have to prove he is committed but he knows that surely) this signing makes me think for the first time in years that Romanov is listening and accepting the opinion of our manager.

That can only lead to good in the long run.

Very happy day for Hearts, not because of the signing but because of what it signifies.

The Irony has not escaped me!

Get a feckn' room the two of you, remember he has the best knicker collection in Northern Europe. woot.gif

I can't actually get my head around just how much VR trusts Jim. It's quite incredible really and long may it last. If you're going to trust your manager it may as well be the one who has just as much love for the club as anyone else sitting in the stands. He always said he just wanted someone who would make decisions for the good of the club and not for personal gain, he now has that man.

All this harmony is slightly freaky though.

julienbrellier

first time i have said this since the burley days but i think big Vlad has turned the corner and i am now beginning to respect the man. JJ has brought stability to the club for the first time since Burley was sacked and this is purely because Vlad has finally realised that the way to profit from a football club is to let the professional management team buy players, select teams week to week and carry out training in a normal fashion. as we all know this is a recent development and i am so glad this has now happened.

The re-signing of Webster signifies yet another move in the right direction. Romanov's egotistical pettiness and willingness to hold a grudge has held us back the past few years but the Webster signing indicates a step away from this. He WILL improve the team, he WILL help us attain European football, and he WILL help the club to success. Romanov has realised this and managed to forget what has gone on before for the good of the club, as i believe all fans should also do now.

probably too early for chants of Vladimir Romanov as he will always be the man who single handedly lost us the league in 05/06, but he is recovering well in my opinion, very well.

the future looks good for us

Commander Harris

first time i have said this since the burley days but i think big Vlad has turned the corner and i am now beginning to respect the man. JJ has brought stability to the club for the first time since Burley was sacked and this is purely because Vlad has finally realised that the way to profit from a football club is to let the professional management team buy players, select teams week to week and carry out training in a normal fashion. as we all know this is a recent development and i am so glad this has now happened.

The re-signing of Webster signifies yet another move in the right direction. Romanov's egotistical pettiness and willingness to hold a grudge has held us back the past few years but the Webster signing indicates a step away from this. He WILL improve the team, he WILL help us attain European football, and he WILL help the club to success. Romanov has realised this and managed to forget what has gone on before for the good of the club, as i believe all fans should also do now.

probably too early for chants of Vladimir Romanov as he will always be the man who single handedly lost us the league in 05/06, but he is recovering well in my opinion, very well.

the future looks good for us

LOL

jamboinglasgow

Completely agree with the OP. The trust that Vlad has shown to JJ is fantastic. And bodes well. I have said in the past that I think the key to Vlad is that he trusts someone, if not then he will sack someone or do it himself. In JJ he found a guy who has the club at Heart (ignore the pun) who is getting on in his career and so is not looking for another club and has brought success and shown this season he is very capable. Vlad showed he trusted him by removing the DoF position and having it simply between him and JJ.

I think JJ has shown a good head in the transfer window so far and he has listened to Vlad's suggestions and utilised them well. I still see after a few years at the club as manager JJ will become Director of Football with a younger manager/coach taking over his role. JJ has a good understanding and should be the correct person to oversee the football side of the club. He has already handled most of that role in his position as manager. The one thing left to see is how he fully integrates the younger players in with the team i.e. the ones who have not had a senior appearance.

Things are good and Webster imo is the first step we take towards next season and a strong squad, will be interesting to see who, if any, we sign on pre-contracts between now and the end of the season.

Ha ha my mum mentioned to me the other day that JJ looks far better than he used to.

Cant say I really noticed it until it was pointed out to me, but then again Im not a woman or one of those literary types :whistling:

tbh I'm looking forward to see who jj brings in over the summer. With vlads backing we could potentially have a beast of a team. And unless someone offers big bucks for our best players I don't see them getting shipped out. Let the good times roll my friends! :thumbsup:

Vlad put's the 'lad' into Vladamir - think i'm going to coin that one.

im gonna coin it using the correct spelling of Vladimir, so if youre ever lettin anyone know, make sure you tell them that it was the wrong spelling of Vladimir that you coined. :thumbsup:

Billys only a year younger than Jeff and not looking to go any longer!!

Also JJ and BB go together like rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong.

Regradless of age I coulnd't see one going on without the other. Plus, BB is destined to be an assisstant all his days. He must be 60 now, and if he's still not been #1 anywhere by now I think it would be a bad idea to try it. It would probably be his last gig and it would be a shame if it was to finish his carreer on a low.

He's Scotland's Sammy Lee.

Archived