after a tough wee period.....

Debut 4

The long and short of it is we are in that middle ground. We can negotiate games versus the rest of the league with more authority but in games of real importance v the OF we have to admit we`ve fallen short.

At home we`ll continue to nick wins v them but these two away loses in a week have had a big bearing on our season in terms of a challenge.

Its funny, we are still on a good run overall and that`s with a win over Rangers included. Its really only the OF`s form keeping them ahead of us.

We all know the craic. A few players need emptied in the summer and hopefully by the managements better judgement, good players brought in.

This season is certainly not over yet and i see Gorgie Rebels thread and agree. But i hope at a minimum we keep our good run going, have a strong finish towards the end of the season and throw in some more memorable results.

Let`s send a message out to the rest Hearts are back!!! ;)

Although disappointed with the two defeats in Glasgow, I'm still digging the fact that Hearts are quite a good team again.

As long as we have Jim, there's no reason why we can't continue to build and enjoy generally good, sustained form. Tell you what would be nice: a decent run in the cups. Our Scottish Cup form over the last five seasons has been shocking.

As for this season, we can still 'challenge' for the league, but it's now a long shot, hinging not least on us winning nearly every game between now and May.

We had alot of good one touch play last night just no cutting edge. Looking forward to the rest of the season with big Kyle back. He might have made the difference last night.,

The long and short of it is we are in that middle ground. We can negotiate games versus the rest of the league with more authority but in games of real importance v the OF we have to admit we`ve fallen short.

At home we`ll continue to nick wins v them but these two away loses in a week have had a big bearing on our season in terms of a challenge.

Its funny, we are still on a good run overall and that`s with a win over Rangers included. Its really only the OF`s form keeping them ahead of us.

We all know the craic. A few players need emptied in the summer and hopefully by the managements better judgement, good players brought in.

This season is certainly not over yet and i see Gorgie Rebels thread and agree. But i hope at a minimum we keep our good run going, have a strong finish towards the end of the season and throw in some more memorable results.

The long and short of it is that we'll end up with nothing at the end of the season. I've been going since '82 and barring two trophies out of a potential 87, normal service resumes, same two share the League between them, zzzzzzzz.....! Until someone with real money and ambition comes to Scotland for any club then it continues like this for another 25 years.

I'd like to see our good players all fit and playing in the same team together before they leave for bigger things. That is what I want now. Just a run of games with all the big boys fit and playing at their best, we never get that.

Miller Jambo 60

We missed our big forward Kyle ,fact.

One thing I will say if anybody had offered me for us to be where we are now after the first few games of the season I'd have laughed at them and took their hand off!!

The Treasurer

Although disappointed with the two defeats in Glasgow, I'm still digging the fact that Hearts are quite a good team again.

As long as we have Jim, there's no reason why we can't continue to build and enjoy generally good, sustained form. Tell you what would be nice: a decent run in the cups. Our Scottish Cup form over the last five seasons has been shocking.

As for this season, we can still 'challenge' for the league, but it's now a long shot, hinging not least on us winning nearly every game between now and May.

I would go further than that.

With the one obvious exception, our form in the SC and the LC since JJ led to that memorable day in '98 has been pretty poor.

As these still represent our best chance of silverware I too would like to see this improved.

I am just enjoying watching the footie at Tymecastle for the first time in years !

Okay, we aren't going to win anything but the style of play and results at Tynie make me want to go. We didn't beat ICT but it was some of the best football I've seen from Hearts in a long, long time.

If we van keep our best players and add a bit of steel during the summer, who knows what we could achieve ?

The long and short of it is that we'll end up with nothing at the end of the season. I've been going since '82 and barring two trophies out of a potential 87, normal service resumes, same two share the League between them, zzzzzzzz.....! Until someone with real money and ambition comes to Scotland for any club then it continues like this for another 25 years.

I`ve been going since 79. I was just trying to be positive and have an analysis on the current situation. Jim Jefferies is still in an early stage of rebuilding, imo, as he has still to rid players he inherited and probably doesn`t want.

Next season we`ll look more like a team JJ wants and hopefully a good one at that, but this season has been a pleasant surprise. As ever, and someone else mentioned it, the cups have been a let down and this is the down side.

Otherwise we have witnessed a consistent Hearts side in the league which we all craved over the last few turbulent years. We`ve seen more goals and better positive play. Thing is, that should be a basic for Hearts but given what we had before its a welcome return.

I don`t think it`d be right to say the season feels empty now. I was majorly disappointed to go out so early in the Cups, esp the Big Cup, but a big thing for Hearts this season was to earn back its rightful place at the top end of the table, and i hope we end up in the top 3 somewhere and get European football as our reward.

Its always been about trophies for me and it looks like we may fall short on that again, but surely you`ve got to take heart from the season in general?

Archived