Craig Thompson

KevinKyleJr

Deserves his own thread IMO

Well Done Thommo!

Was one of the players who stood out for me and if it wasnt for Rudi Being Lazy :down: He would have been through

Whats your thought on him and should he be a first team regular?

Thought he was solid last night. He always looks to take his man on and hit the byeline.

His last couple performances means he has merited an extended run in the team IMO.

Snake Plissken

He's done more at right back in 2 matches than Eggert has done all season!

Kickback rule #486

If a player in one position does well, the player who previously occupied said position must be belittled and described as worthless.

That will be the same Eggert Jonsson who was part of a defence that conceded how many goals?

Thomson has been pretty good in the last couple of games, he wasn't very good at the start of the season when played in midfield. I would like him to continue his run in the team but if his form dips Jonsson is more than capable of filling the position.

Thomson, not Thompson please. Hearts have never had a Thompson but many Thomsons. that's the Scottish spelling. No Ps please.

The Old Tolbooth

Kickback rule #486

If a player in one position does well, the player who previously occupied said position must be belittled and described as worthless.

That will be the same Eggert Jonsson who was part of a defence that conceded how many goals?

Thomson has been pretty good in the last couple of games, he wasn't very good at the start of the season when played in midfield. I would like him to continue his run in the team but if his form dips Jonsson is more than capable of filling the position.

Apologies, I'll tell lies next time just to fit in with peoples agendas :teehee:

I'm not the only one who thinks Eggert hasn't kicked a ball all season, but in fairness, he's not a right back either, however, I doubt he's much of a midfielder and we seem to be blessed with players all better than him at the moment, so I honestly see nowhere in the team for him.

We/he got away with it for most games at right back but was still the weak link, but he was cruelly exposed at Celtic park last week and shown up for just how poor he is in that position imo and I think he's a squad player at best.

I honestly don't think I told any lies when I said that CT has done more in two games than Eggert has done all season in the same position.

He certainly got up and down the wing in a flash without exposing himself.

You're a bad man :lol:

fabienleclerq

Kickback rule #486

Spot on :thumbsup:

thought he had a great game, his crossing is fantastic cant wait till the big man is back so someone can get us some goals

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Thomson, not Thompson please. Hearts have never had a Thompson but many Thomsons. that's the Scottish spelling. No Ps please.

Exactly.

And no 'h' in Tommo either. Even the Hearts website uses the correct spelling of both names.

Snake Plissken

Apologies, I'll tell lies next time just to fit in with peoples agendas :teehee:

I'm not the only one who thinks Eggert hasn't kicked a ball all season, but in fairness, he's not a right back either, however, I doubt he's much of a midfielder and we seem to be blessed with players all better than him at the moment, so I honestly see nowhere in the team for him.

We/he got away with it for most games at right back but was still the weak link, but he was cruelly exposed at Celtic park last week and shown up for just how poor he is in that position imo and I think he's a squad player at best.

I honestly don't think I told any lies when I said that CT has done more in two games than Eggert has done all season in the same position.

I understand what you're saying and I agree that when on form, Thomson offers a lot.

However it is also churlish to dismiss the contribution Eggert has made in defence this season. While it is nice to have an attacking full back a la Lee Wallace, the primary objective of a defender is to prevent goals and our GA column suggests Eggert has played his part. He's solid, strong and good in the tackle - I would agree his distribution isn't the best but his workrate and overall attitude are very welcome in the side.

The Old Tolbooth

I understand what you're saying and I agree that when on form, Thomson offers a lot.

However it is also churlish to dismiss the contribution Eggert has made in defence this season. While it is nice to have an attacking full back a la Lee Wallace, the primary objective of a defender is to prevent goals and our GA column suggests Eggert has played his part. He's solid, strong and good in the tackle - I would agree his distribution isn't the best but his workrate and overall attitude are very welcome in the side.

I agree about his work rate and attitude mate, I don't think anyone could fault that, I just don't think he's shown his best form this season and we're unfortunate that CT got himself involved in a very stupid situation otherwise Eggert may have been making a midfield position his own right now, although I struggle to see if he adds anything more than Mrowiec or Ruben can to be fair.

He's a fighter though, and he'll be back, of that I've no doubt! :thumbsup:

hopefully CT can now nail down his place in the team. aside from his defending abilities, his sheer pace and delivery are worth his inclusion. having yet more attacking options can't be bad.

which leads on to eggert...

it's been fairly clear for a while now that his distribution isn't what it could/should be. he's a solid enough right back, even does well enough at CH when called upon... but he wastes possession too much to be fair.

can he really slot back into a central midfield role? while being comfortable with the ball at his feet and being a bloody good tackler, we need guys who can use the ball well. if eggert had rudi skacel's passing ability he would be some player.

Drewjambobusby

Deserves his own thread IMO

Well Done Thommo!

Was one of the players who stood out for me and if it wasnt for Rudi Being Lazy :down: He would have been through

Whats your thought on him and should he be a first team regular?

Aye excellent. Had forgotten how fast he was.

I hope we persevere with CT at right back and not right midfield. He's not an out and out winger and is far stronger making late runs forward from deep - we could have the best two attacking full backs in the league.

He is also the best set piece taker we've had at the club in years.

Eggert was poor; Stevo is not good/fit enough only passmarks for me were Blacky/Tommo Elliot and Kello, Jeffs tactics were hopeless and the second half would drive you away from football as Hearts were shocking.

He's done more at right back in 2 matches than Eggert has done all season!

Bouzid was more right back last night. Thomson was pushing forward at every opportunity.

You're a bad man :lol:

Played well in midfield last night. Including one great tackle in the centre circle.

The Old Tolbooth

if eggert had rudi skacel's passing ability he would be some player.

Played well in midfield last night. Including one great tackle in the centre circle.

Spanky Spangler nails it for me mate :thumbsup:

Thomson was excellent. Best player on the park last night. Should definately keep his place, Eggert was much better in midfield than right back.

Lynn :ninja:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Blockbusters.jpg

"... I'll take the 'P'... "

Would like to see the lad get a fair crack of the whip!! He's superb going forward aswell with him and Wallace we could be superb getting the ball into Kyle when he's back playing.

Archived