Suso

grumpyespana

Should he stay or should he go, I like him as a player but he is a walking time bomb JJ is now having to hook him before he gets sent off. I like a bit of aggression in a player if its channeled in the right way ie Black to a certain extend this season what do you guys think.

Grumpy.

I agree he loses the head too easily but he gets frustrated as he takes a fair bit punishment and gets feck all protection from the refs a lot of the time.

Snake Plissken

The 'walking timebomb' who has been sent off how many times?

That would be once and for that rumble in the tunnel against Hamilton after the game. So this liability has never actually been sent off in the field of play and left his team mates a man down. Not an awful lot came off for him last night but he was one of our better players, he never hides and always gets stuck in. So in conclusion, the question asked of this thread is garbage.

He does look for very soft fouls and will never endear himself to linesmen and refs for his confrontational attitude. Always liable to be carded.

The Old Tolbooth

Very much stay, JJ has turned him into a superb little player on his day, and even when things don't come off for him he never gives up. If all our players had the same attitude as Suso then we'd do ok. (I also love the way he shows absolutely no one any respect, he just gets torn right in about them)

He'd be one of the first on my team sheet every week. :thumbsup:

That would be once and for that rumble in the tunnel against Hamilton after the game. So this liability has never actually been sent off in the field of play and left his team mates a man down. Not an awful lot came off for him last night but he was one of our better players, he never hides and always gets stuck in. So in conclusion, the question asked of this thread is garbage.

Now now, don't you know you're not allowed to let the facts get in the way of a good ol' fashioned witchhunt.

The Old Tolbooth

Am I allowed to agree with you? :P

Never really seen this "walking timebomb" in Suso. Not always very good, runs like he has a double hamstring injury but is big hearted, fearless and capable of the occasional moments of brilliance.

Stay.

Snake Plissken

Am I allowed to agree with you? :P

You're allowed to be right from time to time :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Truly unbelievable...

One red card? I am never sure why people are so desperate to find reasons to get rid of our better players... It's madness. :blink:

the mans got pace and............................................................................................................................................................................................. no wait thats all :whistling:

Francis Albert

He's foreign and has fits of temper. He isn't a good Scottish laddie who merely kicks lumps out of opponents in career-threatening lunges in the true traditions of the Scottish game.

Crap thread, especially given theat JJ said he hooked Skacel to avoid him being sent off against Celtic, but nobody goes on about that. If you think Suso isn;t good enough, fine, argue that - you would be wrong, but you can argue it if you want, but this is just rubbish.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

the mans got pace and............................................................................................................................................................................................. no wait thats all :whistling:

This must be a different Suso.

The Suso i have been watching has reasonable acceleration and a good 'turn of pace' but he is no Usain Bolt. What he does have though (contrary to the "that's all" statement) is quick feet, good first touch and ball control a bag of tricks and the ability to go past 2 players at a time as well as setting up and scoring goals.

The guy you are describing sounds pish, hope we don't ever sign him... Sounds like a fair description of Ivan Sproul or something. :ermm:

This must be a different Suso.

The Suso i have been watching has reasonable acceleration and a good 'turn of pace' but he is no Usain Bolt. What he does have though (contrary to the "that's all" statement) is quick feet, good first touch and ball control a bag of tricks and the ability to go past 2 players at a time as well as setting up and scoring goals.

The guy you are describing sounds pish, hope we don't ever sign him... Sounds like a fair description of Ivan Sproul or something. :ermm:

the man runs down more blind alleys then stevie wonder

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Funny wee pun... Completely inaccurate appraisal but half a point for the pun. :rolleyes:

By the looks of Stevie these days, he doesn't do much running. :whistling:

On a serious note you must be watching a different Suso to me because I think he's decent.

By the looks of Stevie these days, he doesn't do much running. :whistling:

On a serious note you must be watching a different Suso to me because I think he's decent.

well untill i see something different in hes game , hes a hot head with pace , need more from the man

well untill i see something different in hes game , hes a hot head with pace , need more from the man

Thank christ you're not in charge then

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Where are you getting this fallacy about Suso having so much pace? seriously?

Suso is not a particularly fast player, he has very good close control and quick-feet in the sense that he can make step overs and wee flicks to get past opponents but he is far from a fast runner. He has a decent little spurt of acceleration, which he uses to get round an opponent -after he has used his skill to poke the ball past them- but flat out he is our slowest winger by a country mile (unless you would still count Skacel as a winger).

You must be watching a different player each week, have you seen Suso much this season and last?

I like Suso and he's having a great season.

Favourite thing about him as a player is that he has so little respect for whoever he plays against. He gets stuck right in.

Thank christ you're not in charge then

glenn helder

dennis rommedahl

John Chiedozie

what do thay all have in common ? very fast but no end project, even aaron lennon falls in to that as well

glenn helder

dennis rommedahl

John Chiedozie

what do thay all have in common ? very fast but no end project, even aaron lennon falls in to that as well

I see no-one's posts are getting through but lets try again....

SUSO HASN'T GOT PACE

And relax :D

Where are you getting this fallacy about Suso having so much pace? seriously?

Suso is not a particularly fast player, he has very good close control and quick-feet in the sense that he can make step overs and wee flicks to get past opponents but he is far from a fast runner. He has a decent little spurt of acceleration, which he uses to get round an opponent -after he has used his skill to poke the ball past them- but flat out he is our slowest winger by a country mile (unless you would still count Skacel as a winger).

You must be watching a different player each week, have you seen Suso much this season and last?

i watch the man week in week out , and how can you say hes not a particularly fast player, hes pi$$ed pasted player with kocking the ball 100 yeards in front of him then chaseing after it

Coburg Hearts

I take it the Weststand in your username is the one at Easter Rd.?

Snake Plissken

i watch the man week in week out , and how can you say hes not a particularly fast player, hes pi$$ed pasted player with kocking the ball 100 yeards in front of him then chaseing after it

That's Ivan Sproule you're thinking of.

re: the bit in bold, I take it you're not taking English as a Higher this year?

:blink:

I see no-one's posts are getting through but lets try again....

SUSO HASN'T GOT PACE

And relax :D

im reading what you are saying and im entitled to my opinion, as well as you lot on here , all of you are wrong tho :P

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He has good close control and good accelerataion, he uses tricks to get the ball past the opponent and then uses his acceleration to get himself past. I have no idea how you cannot see this, its what he does every time, week in and week out. If he had pace he would be able to mix it up more and use that from time to time like Driver does to good effect... Then tje boy would be absolutely frightening!

That's Ivan Sproule you're thinking of.

re: the bit in bold, I take it you're not taking English as a Higher this year?

:blink:

sorry sir wont , i mean will not happen again :whistling:

Hackney Hearts

very fast but no end project

Outside of the OF, only Maguire has more assists than Suso this season. Even though Suso's been out injured for months. (SPL stats)

Which West Stand are you referring to...?

Outside of the OF, only Maguire has more assists than Suso this season. Even though Suso's been out injured for months. (SPL stats)

Which West Stand are you referring to...?

highbury

Ah. Perhaps you spend more time there than watching Suso. Fair enough.

not really as thay closed it down to make flats in 2006

I think this is a no brained we have to keep him, on days like the 2nd half at Falkirk in the cup he was outstanding!!

His temper does get the better off him sometimes but that's something he can work on!

Hackney Hearts

not really as thay closed it down to make flats in 2006

I know that - I live round the corner!

Suso is a major goal threat and was one of our best, if not our best player before he got injured.

When was the last time he was sent off?

I know that - I live round the corner!

if your asking me do i spend more time watching arsenal then hearts i am a season ticket holder but i all ways watch the hearts games

Suso has skill, he keeps going against the odds and what GFA refs throw at him and he's passionate about his club- in short the epitome of a Jambo! :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

if your asking me do i spend more time watching arsenal then hearts i am a season ticket holder but i all ways watch the hearts games

Fair enough...

And yet you think that Suso knocks the ball 100 yards past players and then uses blistering pace to out run them, before having no end product in the shape of assists or goals? You cannot blame Hackney for trying to throw you a bone, in terms of Hearts player analysis, you do seem to have been somewhere else entirely for the last two seasons.

Gordon Ramsay

I've actually lost count of the amount of times I've defended Suso on here. I honestly just can't understand where this Suso GTF stuff comes from. I'm baffled. As I have said before, last season he was our top goal scorer, he also had the most shots on target of any Hearts player, far more than any of our 'strikers' did last season. This season, well, I shouldn't really have to defend him but I will. He was one of, if not our best player until he got injured, he was ripping through defences, getting shots away and always works his socks off. For me anyone who doesn't want this guy in our team needs their head examined.

Fair enough...

And yet you think that Suso knocks the ball 100 yards past players and then uses blistering pace to out run them, before having no end product in the shape of assists or goals? You cannot blame Hackney for trying to throw you a bone, in terms of Hearts player analysis, you do seem to have been somewhere else entirely for the last two seasons.

lets slow down for a bit here , i never once said hes pony get rid, i said hes fast but there is not much more to hes game that i can see , now from watching arsenal as long as i have maybe im comparing him to the likes of right sided players weve had , but no way would i want him to go , he can be useful coming on when the game needs a bit more and he can run at players when thay are a blowing out there backside, the quick feet comes in to when i say hes got pace as he can get away from player

Guest Bilel Mohsni

lets slow down for a bit here , i never once said hes pony get rid, i said hes fast but there is not much more to hes game that i can see , now from watching arsenal as long as i have maybe im comparing him to the likes of right sided players weve had , but no way would i want him to go , he can be useful coming on when the game needs a bit more and he can run at players when thay are a blowing out there backside, the quick feet comes in to when i say hes got pace as he can get away from player

This is in danger of becoming a bit bullying on you so i am not going to keep on much longer but...

Your description of the guy sounds like a totaly different player to the one I am thinking of... By quick feet i meant his ability to bluff and to move the ball about and he does have a good wee spurt of acceleration but to me he does not appear to have much of a top-end, he relies on his ball control and tricks to get the ball past and then turns and uses his acceleration to meet the ball once it is past the opposition player.

The guy you are describing does not match the guy I have been watching for the last couple of seasons. I will watch him more closely for signs of this method you describe and see if I can see what you do but right now... I am damned if I know what you are talking about. Maybe you could also watch him more closely and see if what I am saying about him is more accurate. :huh:

Archived