My Views On tonights Game

MAJOR STEVE

We Dominated tonight I felt with possession, but had nothing going forward. Our defence fell asleep after 3 minutes, reminded me of the start of the season when every cross put in to our box was a danger to us.

Jim Jeffries should of changed things much earlier, everyone could see we needed some more attack minded players and do not understand why he didn't bring on Driver and even Temps on after a hour, looked like we were playing for a 1-0 defeat.

Everyone put in a good shift tonight and for me Thomson played very well and Black had an outstanding first half, anyone know why he got taken off? cause he was booked? injury?

Our players need to take a chance and try get past players, on many occasions tonight Suso had the ball and wasted it every time from being hesitant.

Still think Ryan Stevenson is not up to the pace of SPL and is very slow. Rudi did not get in to the game at all tonight which dissapointed me. Bouzid was very shaky today and the sooner we get Webster in the better.

We got a lot of bookings tonight and to be fair to the ref most of them were bookings, but the ref was not constant and he refused to book rangers players when he booked hearts players for the same thing.

Can't wait to have a fully strength team back and we should be very strong.

My ratings for the Players this evening

Kello.....7 did not have much to do but did make a couple of cracking saves

Bouzid....6 looked shaky

Zal......7 made a few errors but was strong with a few important challenges

Adrian...7 Looked strong and consistent

Thomson..8 defended well, and looked good going forward

Rubens...7 Defensively, looked good, but going forward nae chance, kept trying to play back

Black...7 made some great challenges and a few good balls

Johnson..6 having a quiet spell and did not get involved

Suso....6 Did not look sharp and couldnt get passed players, final ball was awful

Rudi..6 was not in the game at all

Elliot.7 worked very hard made some great runs but no one read his runs

stevo and glen.. 5 not good enough to play at this level

driver. 6 looked sharp and cant wait for him to get back to fitness

The People's Chimp

I agree, generally. We weren't terrible, weren't great. I thought CT was MOTM as well, a definite plus point from tonight. Think your ratings are a bit high, though there were no shockers. Rudi is a weird one, he didn't really get into it, but those watching streams thought he played well. I think there are times when you notice him more when he's not there, so to speak.

As you say, a bit more creative spark would have helped, and driver din't get long enough to do anything. Ruben and Stevo can be painfully slow at times. We were all too often the second to react, and that will always cost you against good teams.

Black was subbed because he was a nap to get sent off. I disagree about Rudi, he had 2 shots on target for a start,he was being well marked too as was Suso. I thought we did dominate the game but did not really look like scoring, too many back passes and square balls for my liking, it's like we were afraid to have a dig at goal.

Craig Thompson was the pick of the bunch for me. I was happy when Driver came on but he didn't get a kick of the ball, neither did Glen for that matter. We need Kevin Kyle back big time.

Archived