GFA RULES

harvey05

Having watched the first half of the game tonight i am reminded to remind you of the GFA rules as per section 6 paragraph 2.

In any circumstances the referee must book opposition players. This could include, coming within 1 yard of a Rangers player, challenging for the ball with a Rangers player, looking at a Rangers player in an unfriendly manner. playing against Rangers. Not wearing a Rangers strip. and so on.

Rangers players are however permitted to do any of the above with the opposition.

If a Rangers player should foul an opponent in a dirty way or commit a professional foul you are only allowed to appear to give them a stern talking to. IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you book them.

This way Rangers get to play against 10 or less men, oh wait a minute so do Celtic.

We aint good enough to win the league but it would be closer with fairness.

Oh and get SUSO off, he's pish!

most of our bookings were correct. its their players not getting booked for similar fouls which is annoying.

The Old Tolbooth

I watched the game and have to say I thought the ref got the bookings correct, he could have been a lot worse for us had he construed Zals foul on Diouf as a booking, but he waved play on, Blackie then got away with a blatant boot at him too, and Suso should have been booked for petulance before he actually was booked.

most of our bookings were correct. its their players not getting booked for similar fouls which is annoying.

agreed, no problem with our bookings but the fact the fat wee **** in the black isn't booking der hun for similar challenges is what gets me pissed off.

to be expected though :verymad:

agreed, no problem with our bookings but the fact the fat wee **** in the black isn't booking der hun for similar challenges is what gets me pissed off.

It isn't bias though - just poor refereeing-PAH!

Perfectly put young man :thumbsup:

thats the point im making

It aint a level playing field

6 cards, a yellow for every 3 fouls for us, no bookings for 8 fouls for da Hun. If these sorts of stats were an abberation it would be understandable but they are the norm...

Any ideas why lafferty not booked for knocking Bouzid out?

Blue shirt. Now if it was black doing that would he have seen yellow?

In the perennial nutshell!

JamboAberdeen

We were lucky to finish the game with 11 men.

The fact that Huns players managed to avoid single booking stinks though.

ArmiyaRomanova

30% of 6 basic wages docked this evening then.

Wonder if the player fines'll approach the total the club is fined by the GFA at the end of the year.

thats the point im making

It aint a level playing field

that was one of the points. the other point about our players getting bookings for nothing was, largely, baseless.

How diouf, edu and lafferty were not booked is beyond me! Until you get a level playing field, you've never got much chance through there.

Brilliant vocal support again my fellow jambos!

The People's Chimp

We were lucky to finish the game with 11 men.

The fact that Huns players managed to avoid single booking stinks though.

Do you think, honestly, that tonight we should have, by the letter of the law, had a man sent off?

Totally bizarre. The ref was horrendous. Every time I go to a game at ibrox I'm always left with the same, sinking, seething sense of outrage and helplessness. It all boils down to the man in black. His performance tonight was truly shocking. It was unbelievably one sided. Case in point being the high feet rule. One from rangers, nothing given, very shortly after, it's a hearts booking for high feet, then at the end Laugherty almost takes Bouzid's head off, draws blood and not even spoken to. So, 3 high feet incidents, one which was a shocker from a rangers player, and the only player booked is in maroon? Is it any wonder that people are complaining about the ref.

I simply can't understand this "get our own house in order" mentality that we see after defeats to the old firm. Yes, we lost, and we didnt deserve to win, but we weren't hopeless. Some slightly more aggressive tactics and a more pressing game, allied with a bit better decision making up front, kyle playing etc and we might have taken something. But at the end of the day it was 12 men v 11 out there tonight. The inconsistency, and just how blatant it was, was mind boggling. I shouldn't be shocked, we see it every time, but it never fails to sicken me. Hearts players booked for first fouls, while the usual suspects dive about all over the place.

There is no denying that some of our bookings were deserved, but in a match which was by no means dirty, and in which rangers put themselves about as well, for the bookings to be 0-6 should beggar belief. But it doesn't. It's basically accepted because it's always been like that and it always will....**** that.

Konrad von Carstein

Do you think, honestly, that tonight we should have, by the letter of the law, had a man sent off?

Totally bizarre. The ref was horrendous. Every time I go to a game at ibrox I'm always left with the same, sinking, seething sense of outrage and helplessness. It all boils down to the man in black. His performance tonight was truly shocking. It was unbelievably one sided. Case in point being the high feet rule. One from rangers, nothing given, very shortly after, it's a hearts booking for high feet, then at the end Laugherty almost takes Bouzid's head off, draws blood and not even spoken to. So, 3 high feet incidents, one which was a shocker from a rangers player, and the only player booked is in maroon? Is it any wonder that people are complaining about the ref.

I simply can't understand this "get our own house in order" mentality that we see after defeats to the old firm. Yes, we lost, and we didnt deserve to win, but we weren't hopeless. Some slightly more aggressive tactics and a more pressing game, allied with a bit better decision making up front, kyle playing etc and we might have taken something. But at the end of the day it was 12 men v 11 out there tonight. The inconsistency, and just how blatant it was, was mind boggling. I shouldn't be shocked, we see it every time, but it never fails to sicken me. Hearts players booked for first fouls, while the usual suspects dive about all over the place.

There is no denying that some of our bookings were deserved, but in a match which was by no means dirty, and in which rangers put themselves about as well, for the bookings to be 0-6 should beggar belief. But it doesn't. It's basically accepted because it's always been like that and it always will....**** that.

Very, Very, good post

Gordon Ramsay

Having watched the first half of the game tonight i am reminded to remind you of the GFA rules as per section 6 paragraph 2.

In any circumstances the referee must book opposition players. This could include, coming within 1 yard of a Rangers player, challenging for the ball with a Rangers player, looking at a Rangers player in an unfriendly manner. playing against Rangers. Not wearing a Rangers strip. and so on.

Rangers players are however permitted to do any of the above with the opposition.

If a Rangers player should foul an opponent in a dirty way or commit a professional foul you are only allowed to appear to give them a stern talking to. IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you book them.

This way Rangers get to play against 10 or less men, oh wait a minute so do Celtic.

We aint good enough to win the league but it would be closer with fairness.

Oh and get SUSO off, he's pish!

Complete bullshit. Was one of our best players before he got injured, do you not remember him keeping Templeton out the team?!

Complete bullshit. Was one of our best players before he got injured, do you not remember him keeping Templeton out the team?!

i think he might've been talking about suso's performance tonight, rather than 5 months ago.

The Old Tolbooth

I think some people have already put their finger on the pulse when they say that they agree with the Hearts bookings, however what pisses them off is the fact that Rangers ended that game without any yellow cards, there should have been at least 2 bookings for the huns, but the ref was very reluctant to get his cards out for them.

JamboAberdeen

Some of our players could have been easily shown 'soft' red had we had a naive ref, a few of them in first half were very late tackles from behind.

Our defence then was utterly chaotic at the best.

Our tactics was hopeless too.

No creativity, no vision, no composure, we couldn't even keep own throw-in balls.

Even if we played for another 90 min, we wouldn't have managed to get equaliser.

Quality of our football has been in decline since motherwell game.

We could have lost points against St. Mirren, Hibs, Kille, Huns, and last weekend TBH.

Francis Albert

Some of our players could have been easily shown 'soft' red had we had a naive ref, a few of them in first half were very late tackles from behind.

Our defence then was utterly chaotic at the best.

Our tactics was hopeless too.

No creativity, no vision, no composure, we couldn't even keep own throw-in balls.

Even if we played for another 90 min, we wouldn't have managed to get equaliser.

Quality of our football has been in decline since motherwell game.

We could have lost points against St. Mirren, Hibs, Kille, Huns, and last weekend TBH.

Don't be silly. We completely outpayed Hibs. And St Johnstone last weekend. You could as well say we could have gained points tonight.

Gordon Ramsay

i think he might've been talking about suso's performance tonight, rather than 5 months ago.

Didn't think Suso was that bad tonight either, always gives 100% for us. He was in no way PISH anyway.

Gordon Ramsay

it's a game of two halves though, eh?

I think he can be excused considering hes just coming back from injury.

I think he can be excused considering hes just coming back from injury.

Excused what? You said he was good.

Gordon Ramsay

Excused what? You said he was good.

He is good, I think most people on here would agree hes been one of our better players this season. You said its a game of two halves, implying that Suso hadn't given 100% the whole time he was on the pitch. I replied saying he was probably not able to give 100% in the second half as he is just coming back from injury and was probably tiring. Thats why I said he can be excused for not quite giving 100% for the full time he was on the pitch. Quite simple really.

alwaysthereinspirit

Didn't see much of the game as the feed kept freezing. One foul I did see was Thomson knock the ball through the legs of some sleazy Rankgers player and be taken out quite cynically. The linesman didn't even give a foul. He was 10 feet away. The ref did but no yellow. Its very annoying knowing you'll never get a fair shake. FYGFA.

He is good, I think most people on here would agree hes been one of our better players this season. You said its a game of two halves, implying that Suso hadn't given 100% the whole time he was on the pitch. I replied saying he was probably not able to give 100% in the second half as he is just coming back from injury and was probably tiring. Thats why I said he can be excused for not quite giving 100% for the full time he was on the pitch. Quite simple really.

Actually, i said 'its a game of two halves' because you trotted out a meaningless cliche. I thought i'd answer in type.

FWIW, i thought suso was unlucky in possession and was guilty of trying a little too hard to create something.

Gordon Ramsay

Actually, i said 'its a game of two halves' because you trotted out a meaningless cliche. I thought i'd answer in type.

FWIW, i thought suso was unlucky in possession and was guilty of trying a little too hard to create something.

Not really a meaningless cliche, i'd say its just a fact. You can never falter the guys effort.

I'd agree with your assessment of his performance though, he just didn't get the breaks tonight.

:thumbsup: Excellent quote - sums my feelings on tonights game - Referee was shocking -

noticed Linesman nearest to us was looking at Ref before putting up flag for throw ins -

frigging cop in front of us tapping his feet in tune to songs from tannoy - **** -

tonight we didn't do enough - too many square balls etc - we should have went for it -

but imo thought we played better tonight than we did in game at Tynecastle that we won

Winters has always been one of the real rankers bankers. He's a poor referee and he is biased! History proves it!

Let's hope that isn't a sign of things returning to the norm overall!

I only saw the first half but this is how I saw it. Rangers should have had at least 2 bookings in the first half if the referee had been even handed.

Last night was an example of what SAF was talking about at the beginning of the Burley season when he said that we would have to beat the system as much as the OF. If any team gets in the position to put in a challenge it will be undermined by disciplinary suspensions which will not happen to the OF. Our six bookings to Rangers no bookings last night was just the latest example.

He may have been but i don't think he is good enough to earn a starting place in the team. He may look good running at a player ,say,of the quality of Ian Murray but against better players as he was playing against last night he's pish.

Apart from his average ability he's also got a dodgy temperment, in fact last night he was a liability so for me it's SUSO no thanks, just my humble opinion of course.

Excellent post, the emboldened section in particular. Number 20 (I didn't see who it was) blatantly fould a Hearts man in the first half, the ref played on and I felt certain it was a booking when the play stopped. Not even a word. Appalling refereeing.

This a million times over. Top post :bravo:

If anyone ever needed convincing that the GFA is corrupt I give you last night's game. It was so blatant I just burst out laughing at the game.

There was only one reason that Diouf, Edu, Weiss and Lafferty were not booked and that comes down to the colour of their shirt, it really is that simple.

Gordon Ramsay

He may have been but i don't think he is good enough to earn a starting place in the team. He may look good running at a player ,say,of the quality of Ian Murray but against better players as he was playing against last night he's pish.

Apart from his average ability he's also got a dodgy temperment, in fact last night he was a liability so for me it's SUSO no thanks, just my humble opinion of course.

I don't really know how you can say he has average ability considering he ripped many defences apart in the early part of the season. I remember one run away at Aberdeen where he skinned at least 3 of their players and who can forget the Falkirk cup tie, his second half performance was honestly one of the greatest I've ever seen from a Hearts player. He was immense. Yes he does have a dodgy temperament but I'd rather have a passionate player than a languid, disinterested one like Obua.

I don't really know how you can say he has average ability considering he ripped many defences apart in the early part of the season. I remember one run away at Aberdeen where he skinned at least 3 of their players and who can forget the Falkirk cup tie, his second half performance was honestly one of the greatest I've ever seen from a Hearts player. He was immense. Yes he does have a dodgy temperament but I'd rather have a passionate player than a languid, disinterested one like Obua.

This is exactly my point, against weaker teams like the 2 you mention he's ok, but against better quality he isn't. He's not good enough, unless of course that is as far as Hearts want to go. As for Obua, well he cetainly looks like an experiment.

Can't fathom how Rangers didn't get at least 1 booking.

Insane.

Agreed. I have no complaints with our bookings - but how there were no Rangers players booked is incredible. Among others, Diouf's lunge at Zal was a joke and just looked like retribution for him (Diouf) not getting a free kick a few seconds earlier.

Archived