Temps could be rested V Rangers

ColinS1874

Says on BBC that Temps is rested and Wallace is a doubt is this good or bad with Driver being back

rudi must stay

Says on BBC that Temps is rested and Wallace is a doubt is this good or bad with Driver being back

bad news IMO. Driver's not ready yet according to Jefferies, and we've just sent Novikovas out on loan..

Was hoping we'd got with...

Kello

Thomson Bouzid Zaliukas Wallace

Black Palazelous

Suso Skacel Templeton/Driver

Elliot.

But would imagine Obua will be on the left again.

As long as Stevenson is not up front we'll be better off than Celtic Park.

Agree that Temps could do with a rest but we have a free week this weekend (Scottish Cup) so surely we can get one more game out him till then?

He doesn't have to play the full game. Give AD the last 20 if possible.

:thumbsup:

Agree that Temps could do with a rest but we have a free week this weekend (Scottish Cup) so surely we can get one more game out him till then?

He doesn't have to play the full game. Give AD the last 20 if possible.

Francis Albert

Rangers will be pleased if Temps isn't even on the bench. One potential match winner not to worry about. Leaving (a not fully fit Driver aside) not too many others.

Rangers will be pleased if Temps isn't even on the bench. One potential match winner not to worry about. Leaving (a not fully fit Driver aside) not too many others.

Rangers will be pleased but since Christmas Temps just has not been the same imo so suso and driver should be jumping at this oppurtunity to be in the first 11 again also if novi was still here a would of maybe gave him a little run the night against rangers to see if he could produce some magic like he did against hibs

We_are_the_Hearts

Why would we rest a 22 year old (who hasn't started avery game), halfway through the season when we have been papped out both cups early and weren't in Europe? PATHETIC :rolleyes:

mahgrassyshoes

Rangers will be pleased but since Christmas Temps just has not been the same imo so suso and driver should be jumping at this oppurtunity to be in the first 11 again also if novi was still here a would of maybe gave him a little run the night against rangers to see if he could produce some magic like he did against hibs

Novikovas was given his chance against St Johnstone and didn't take it. His head was down after trying one or two runs.

When it says Temps will be rested, it really means will be given a break from first team duties. Much needed because he's now going through that wee dip that almost all youngsters go through when they first get a big run in the team. I also think that he has been carrying a wee injury because he had been holding his thigh quite a lot recently. Suso for 65-70 mins on the right and andy driver replacing him. Suso has given Papac a couple of tough games since he has been here. D Obua on the left/ getting as close to Weir to try and challenge (in theory) and S Elliott through the middle would be my guess at the starting attack.

Why would we rest a 22 year old (who hasn't started avery game), halfway through the season when we have been papped out both cups early and weren't in Europe? PATHETIC :rolleyes:

why would anyone need a rest? cos he's tired obviously.

willie wallace

Unless Templeton is injured surely he would be involved in such a big game.He missed out on Saturday,we have no match this weekend and although he has not been at his best i would hope that he would at least be on the bench.

Perhaps JJ would rather use the word rested as opposed to dropped as part of the man management/development of temps?!

I think Jefferies is playing it very well with Templeton he has had a dip in form and in the past when this happened players like Glen etc they didn't get the protection of previous managers!!

I think Jefferies is playing it very well with Templeton he has had a dip in form and in the past when this happened players like Glen etc they didn't get the protection of previous managers!!

Exactly and against Rangers, he won't be able to make the same winding runs he usually does. Personally I think Jefferies has done the right thing and letting him rest for a game, trying to boost his confidence is ready. We need players who can pass the ball and Obua had a good game against St Johnstone. Obua isn't my favourite player by any means but if he puts in the type of shift he did, then I see no harm of playing him on the left, Suso on the right and then subbing Driver on for Suso midway through the second half, all going well.

Jambof3tornado

Resting a player who is just finding his way in the game is a move to protect his development! He isn't physically tired!

glenn quagmire

Unless Templeton is injured surely he would be involved in such a big game.He missed out on Saturday,we have no match this weekend and although he has not been at his best i would hope that he would at least be on the bench.

Temps got an injury at Killie and got a bang on it in both games against Rangers and Celtic. This is why he wasn't playing at the weekend.

As far as I knew he was expecting to be involved tonight.

Archived