Barr

IMA MAROON

JJ has said he has only two centre halves. Big Zal and Bouzid.

The right back position is being filled by either Jonsson or CT.

Where does that leave Barr? Folk said he would come and captain the club.

He is murder and picking up ?4,500.00 a week for doing ef all.

It looks like another one of they guys we cant punt or even give away because nobody else is going to pay him that kind of money.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Fully believe there is a quality player in there, I'm hoping its because Barr has been carrying an injury jj just forgot as its not like him to just give up on a player.

Hope jj gives him another chance and gets the best out of him as I reckon his best will be pretty damn good.

Barr's stock was pretty high when we signed him. If he doesn't make it with us he will find another club no problem.

like others i firmly believe there is a player in there. i am hopeful he is having "Pressley Syndrome" where a promising young centre back is signed,shunted to RB,loses all confidence,gets called a flop and them shows great mental strength to come back from this and develop into a top CB for this club

I'm glad we signed Darren Barr on a pre-contract and looking forward to him joining us in the summer.

:huh:

I'm glad we signed Darren Barr on a pre-contract and looking forward to him joining us in the summer.

Spot on. He will be a great addition when he arrives. :whistling:

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

He is a better centre half than our two starters when he is playing at his best. Think he's struggled with the step up this season. He had a good game at RB at Motherwell.

He is a better centre half than our two starters when he is playing at his best. Think he's struggled with the step up this season. He had a good game at RB at Motherwell.

On what basis have you come to this conclusion? I watched a few Falkirk games last season, either against us or on TV and he was average at best.

He was meant to be an International player FFS so why he hasn't made the "step up" as you put it. Perhaps it is because he isn't very good.

In fact some of his performances have been disasterous. Even at Motherwell he was average at best.

Given the fact that our Manager and his 2 coaches were all defenders, you would have thought that they could have sorted him out, but as yet, the answer is no.

He may make it, but I would much rather have Webster in the team than Barr.

Barr isn't used to playing football that is why he has stuggled this season. Falkirk never played football when they did they were bottom of the league.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

JJ has said he has only two centre halves. Big Zal and Bouzid.

The right back position is being filled by either Jonsson or CT.

Where does that leave Barr? Folk said he would come and captain the club.

He is murder and picking up ?4,500.00 a week for doing ef all.

It looks like another one of they guys we cant punt or even give away because nobody else is going to pay him that kind of money.

It leaves him having to work VERY hard on his confidence, positioning, passing and decision making, so that he can concentrate on training as hard as he can to try and compete for the right-back position in the team... If he makes it, he makes it, if he does not do enough to dislodge the other competitors for the position then he does not get a game.

No offence but he was ******* murder at motherwell.

I want him to do well but he's slower than me FFS.

Skivingatwork

Has to be a player in there somewhere, needs to work on positioning, sharpness and distribution.

Surprised he wasn't loaned out for the rest of the season if we're going to sign Webster.

:biggrin:

I actually forget he even exists most of the time now. Disappointing but either JJ will see something and keep him or he'll be out the door in a few months time. Personally I hope it's the first option but he'll have to do something pretty quick if he intends to fight his way back into this team.

RADGE POST ALERT - RADGE POST ALERT

What about when our two starters play at their best? Or is it only Barr for the purposes of this comparison who is allowed to play at his mythical best?

Absolute rubbish.

I thought he was pretty solid agianst Motherwell too. Think he needs a regular run in the team before writing him off. I still think he could be an important player for us, especially when Bouzid leaves.

I thought he was pretty solid agianst Motherwell too. Think he needs a regular run in the team before writing him off. I still think he could be an important player for us, especially when Bouzid leaves.

Well said "that man".

I fear for us at the back anytime he has played, he was slightly better at Motherwell that night but still nowhere near the standard we expect!!

I thought he would've went out on loan in January!

His best football at Falkirk as far as I saw was when Pressley was showing him around the field.

He's too short for a centre half - and has looked like a complete sap when he's played for us.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I reckon he'll become a good player for us. I don't know why he hasn't been that good so far, but I'm sure he'll get there.

I got slaughtered a few months ago for suggesting that Barr had been a disappointment so far at Hearts but I stick by it. I personally feel that he will come good but he needs to sort out his head as his confidence is currently in his boots.

He is injured right now.

Doubt it does the lad any favours being used as a utility man either... some say he's a RB but he looks far more comfortable as a CB.

Eddie May played him at Rb, Elvis as a CB... So who's right?!

If he'd gone to the sheep he'd have been playing every week and we'd be moaning that we lost out! We have Zal, Bouzid and Eggert keeping him out the team right now... Eggie himself regularly gets pelters for his play also.

Barr is a good player, JJ just hasn't been able to get the best out of him as yet. His time will come.

And I think he was solid against well also.

Someone touched on it a few posts, despite being poor technically so far, he has looked a bit of a wimp and needs to man up quite a bit.

Archived