spotted at carlisle utd game today

braveheart

looking for a car parking space around the streets of carlisle today in his silver falkirk sponsored car was none other than yogi hughes.pretty sure he seen my hearts hat.maybe looking at exjambo grant smith.btw its now 14 home wins in a row for the blues.

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

Oh, to have a manager who could actually go and scout players and make a decision whether to sign them or not !! :sad:

Talking of Yogi, even for a Hibs man, i'd have him at Hearts in a heartbeat, good honest professional manager who would get the best out of each player.

Chad Sexington
Talking of Yogi, even for a Hibs man, i'd have him at Hearts in a heartbeat, good honest professional manager who would get the best out of each player.

Oh dear God, No!!

The thought of that troglodyte in a Hearts tie gives me the boak.

I think he has done a fabulous job at Falkirk.

His results have been good, the football for the most part has been entertaining. He has wrung the absolute utmost from Latapy and has been able to understand how the players round about Latapy need to work with him. He has said that he likes to use the innovations in sports science and he obviously does a huge amount of work in scouting players. He has also been good in getting Premiership squad players in to do a temporary job for him.

I think across the last 2 or 3 seasons - based on the resources available to him - he has probably been the best manager in the SPL.

Chad Sexington
I think he has done a fabulous job at Falkirk.

His results have been good, the football for the most part has been entertaining. He has wrung the absolute utmost from Latapy and has been able to understand how the players round about Latapy need to work with him. He has said that he likes to use the innovations in sports science and he obviously does a huge amount of work in scouting players. He has also been good in getting Premiership squad players in to do a temporary job for him.

I think across the last 2 or 3 seasons - based on the resources available to him - he has probably been the best manager in the SPL.

Thats all well and good...but he talks like a bucket man.

John Hughes. Right up near the top of the lsit of folk I NEVER want to be associated with HMFC.

Despicable ned of a man.

Horatio Caine

Aye - a good honest Scottish laddie is our Yogi

John Hughes. Right up near the top of the lsit of folk I NEVER want to be associated with HMFC.

Despicable ned of a man.

At least he has more than a shred of dignity, He would never come out with unfounded crap like that.

It needs someone like him to bring pride back to the club and get rid of the lazy money grabbing shower we have. At last we could get rid of that arselicker Frail.

He was also at Tranmere last midweek, gets about does Yogi. I wonder if we watch any players or do we just wait until the spreadsheet refreshes on the last day of the transfer window?

:mad::mad:aye the last thing you would want at tynecastle is a compentent manager who does a great job with limited resources and produces teams that constantly punch above their weight.who do jambos expect wenger ,ferguson we will do well to attract anyone at the moment too much baggage and dead wood at the club.imo :beer:

At least he has more than a shred of dignity, He would never come out with unfounded crap like that.

It needs someone like him to bring pride back to the club and get rid of the lazy money grabbing shower we have. At last we could get rid of that arselicker Frail.

Yeah, appointing a hobo ned as next Hearts manager, that'll bring the pride back to our club.

Yeah, appointing a hobo ned as next Hearts manager, that'll bring the pride back to our club.

I think he has proven himself a good manager at Falkirk. He would certainly sort out our dressing room.

I couldn't care less about his Celtic/Hibs baggage. Nor do I think he is a ned.

I think he has proven himself a good manager at Falkirk. He would certainly sort out our dressing room.

I couldn't care less about his Celtic/Hibs baggage. Nor do I think he is a ned.

What have falkirk achieved thats so great like?

They are a mid table SPL side who look to finish.... shock..... horror...... mid table in a poor SPL.

They are a mid table SPL side who look to finish.... shock..... horror...... mid table in a poor SPL.

Promoted, 10th place in the SPL, 7th place in the SPL and now likely to be 6th in the SPL.

It is a fantastic record.

Promoted, 10th place in the SPL, 7th place in the SPL and now likely to be 6th in the SPL.

It is a fantastic record.

Oh yeah. Positively enviable.

As previously stated, they are a mid table SPL side. I'd expect them to finish there or there abouts.

But yeah, a mid table side finishing 6th is a truly remarkable acheievement. They really proved everyone wrong with that didnt they. Well done Yogi.

As previously stated, they are a mid table SPL side. I'd expect them to finish there or there abouts.

But yeah, a mid table side finishing 6th is a truly remarkable acheievement. They really proved everyone wrong with that didnt they. Well done Yogi.

Where do you get the idea that they are a mid table side?

rudi must stay

when you look at it there's at least 5 teams better than them: Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen. I know not this year but we have a far better team than them usually so it's a good achievement for a club of that size to be in the top 6

Where do you get the idea that they are a mid table side?

Ok, where do YOU expect a side like Falkirk to finish?

Ok, where do YOU expect a side like Falkirk to finish?

Don't have the stats to hand, but I would expect that for most of their history Falkirk would have averaged outwith the top 12 in the league in Scotland. Anyone confirm or deny this?

Don't have the stats to hand, but I would expect that for most of their history Falkirk would have averaged outwith the top 12 in the league in Scotland. Anyone confirm or deny this?

I'm not interested in stats, i'm interested in your opinion.

Look at the 12 teams in the league and tell me where about you'd expect Falkirk to finish.

Not interested in averages, bests or worsts - where you YOU rate Falkirk that you think 6th is such an amazing achievement for them?

I'm not interested in stats, i'm interested in your opinion.

Look at the 12 teams in the league and tell me where about you'd expect Falkirk to finish.

Not interested in averages, bests or worsts - where you YOU rate Falkirk that you think 6th is such an amazing achievement for them?

That is totally circular. They are the side they are today because Hughes has built them into that side. The players they have were brought in by him.

The test for me is relative to their history or other similar teams which could be in the place Falkirk are in now (Morton, Hamilton, Dundee, Partick Thistle etc). In the last 3 seasons they have performed way better than that peer group. A fantastic achievement. Would be interesting if anyone has a 'league table' of the average finish in the league to confirm/deny this point.

Anyway to answer your question - with the resources available to Hughes I would say that they are outperforming similar teams such as Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Inverness. And are way outperforming us and Aberdeen who on resources should be above them.

Surely you were joking. For the love of God tell me you were joking.

Hughes has not done wonders for Falkirk. Most seasons they have finished 7/8th with the possibility of relegation hanging over them until the death. Decent season this year but not terrific. I would expect Falkirk to be a mid-table SPL side and to think Livingston and Dunfermline have both finished 3rd in recent years, it puts Falkirks distant 6th in perspective really IMO.

rudi must stay
Hughes has not done wonders for Falkirk. Most seasons they have finished 7/8th with the possibility of relegation hanging over them until the death. Decent season this year but not terrific. I would expect Falkirk to be a mid-table SPL side and to think Livingston and Dunfermline have both finished 3rd in recent years, it puts Falkirks distant 6th in perspective really IMO.

and look where they are now.. Not even in the same league. That's the danger of doing too much to soon, which is why Hughes and Falkirk are a bit more cautious

and look where they are now.. Not even in the same league. That's the danger of doing too much to soon, which is why Hughes and Falkirk are a bit more cautious

Sorry mate disagree.

I don't think Dunfermline had too much too soon. Its not as if they spent a fortune building the team up, they just had a well-organised structure with Tango man at the helm. When he left, it went a bit t!ts up with big Leish. Just don't think that Hughes is doing any better a job than Jefferies has done with Killie (up until this year) or Butcher did with Well.

From what I can make out Brian Rice is the brains of the management team. Made perfect sense to me that it should be so as Hughes does not appear to have the brains he was born with.

Sorry mate disagree.

I don't think Dunfermline had too much too soon. Its not as if they spent a fortune building the team up, they just had a well-organised structure with Tango man at the helm. When he left, it went a bit t!ts up with big Leish. Just don't think that Hughes is doing any better a job than Jefferies has done with Killie (up until this year) or Butcher did with Well.

Dunfermline had a huge overspending situation under Calderwood.

The players had to take huge wage cuts in order to prevent administration.

I think that you otherwise picked up on the 2 managers who have done a similarly good job as Hughes - in Jefferies and Butcher.

As for the point about Rice in another post. Well, we can bring him in too.

Two Hibbies managing us. Revolutionary tact. Dont think the fans would go with that.;)

Think I said above that there is celtic/hibs baggage! The fans have gone along to games when alsorts have been 'managing' in the last couple of years ... so why not some Hibbies :)

They would need special protection around the dugout when/if things went wrong. Stevie Frail and fan abuse would not come close. Made me chuckle at the thought. Here............................we could name them The Chuckle Brothers.:)

shaun.lawson

Sorry Erik, I know it looks like I'm picking on you today - but WTF? Were Falkirk a mid-table side before Yogi took over there? Hardly. Jim Jefferies took them up, then went straight down, then finished 5th - and was rightly hailed as a star in the making. Yogi takes them up, keeps them up, then achieves year-on-year progress against the odds - and barely gets any credit. Bizarre!

I'll be honest here: when they came up, I thought they'd be virtual no hopers, likely to go back down within a year or two. But not a bit of it: you could already see they had something about them when they took that two-goal lead against Burley's side, and they've played some marvellous stuff over the last couple of years. Gradual, incremental progress is the only way a smaller club can truly establish itself: that's what ICT have done, and contrary to what Strachsuit's said, Dunfermline and Livingston absolutely did not do.

Livi were heading for a fall the moment they adopted such an idiotic signing policy when they came up - and between 2000 and 2004, Dunfy overspent by so much they made Chris Robinson look like a bastion of common sense. How does spending 127% of your turnover grab you? Yet that's what they were doing. Falkirk are living within their means, and building slowly - and arguing that they've achieved nothing special because they're a mid-table side anyway is like arguing Alan Curbishley's Charlton were nothing special because they were always mid-table too. But who turned them into a mid-table EPL side? Alan Curbishley.

But Yogi speaks funny, and he's a Hibs man! So what? John Robertson was a Hibs man when he was growing up too, and that didn't seem to cause him any trouble. I've a lot of respect for Yogi: he's a true football man, and I look forward to seeing how he gets on when he inevitably moves to England to have a go there sometime in the next couple of years. I mean, what else can you say about someone who still refers to JJ as "gaffer"? Bless!

shaun.lawson
Sorry mate disagree.

Sorry, you've got that completely the wrong way round. Dunfermline spent, in terms of what they could actually afford, fortunes - and big Leish actually did well to keep them up. Their wage bill was preposterous at times under Calderwood: even then, the best they did was a very distant 4th in 03/4, and like Livi before them, they were storing up big, big trouble for the future. Sure enough, the **** hit the fan - and look where they are now.

I can only assume that your user name includes your age and that you've got some marbles rolling about upstairs :)

winston churchill

like his auld man and uncles,he's a sellic man.

Archived