Italian Football

Caspian Primrose

Caspian Primrose

me, my mate and the burds are heading over to Rome for a few days this month. Me and my mate fancy takin in a game, possible fixtures could be roma v shaktar and lazio v bari. to be honest we want to attend both! just wandered if any kickbackers have any experience with italian football? mostly interested in the best way to get tickets but any general advice would be much appreciared.

Went to a Siena game a few years back when they were in Serie A. Was easy enough to buy tickets on the dsay although that may not be the same for the bigger Rome clubs.

The one key piece of information to give you though is that you MUST have your passport with you when you go to buy the tickets - each person wanting a ticket must - because they cannot by law sell them to you if you dont. We drove for half an hour to get to Siena without knowing that but luckily had them with us anyway

GC

HEARTS FOREVER

me, my mate and the burds are heading over to Rome for a few days this month. Me and my mate fancy takin in a game, possible fixtures could be roma v shaktar and lazio v bari. to be honest we want to attend both! just wandered if any kickbackers have any experience with italian football? mostly interested in the best way to get tickets but any general advice would be much appreciared.

Phone the ticket office and put on your 'just one cornetto' voice!! :lol:

Simples!

when we went to rome a couple of years ago it was no bother getting a ticket, just go down to the roma or lazio shops in the town centre and youll pick them up no bother ,i think it was about 20 quid a piece if youre wanting a ticket for the curva behind the goals they go pretty quick .would have liked to have been in there cos the atmosphere looked just like our old shed,game was roma v inter brilliant ,hope this helps.ps stay sober for coming back cos its a nap youll get lost.

I am literally just back from Rome and went to the Lazio v Fiorentina match. There is a shop on Via Farini which is an official club store, I paid 16 euros for the match and sat in the Distini Nord Est, cracking view of the game as well as cracking view of the ultras in the Curva Nord (spent more time watching them than the match!)

You will need your passports to buy the tickets as well as for entry to the ground. Expect to be searched on entry to the ground, they are wary of any english looking people.

You can get a 910 bus from the termini to right outside the ground.

If you have any questions or that drop me a PM mate.

I am literally just back from Rome and went to the Lazio v Fiorentina match.....

Interesting. They have introduced a 'tessera di tifosi' (in effect, a fans' ID card) which I thought was compulsory to have in order to attend matches in Italy this season (for an article with Lazio relevance see here).

Not surprised if this regulation isn't being enforced universally, but at the same time you should be ready to be challenged when you go along. Last year (before the tessera was introduced) I went to see a matches in Milan (no problem) Ferrara (no problem) and Lecce (where ground-sharing Gallipoli were playing another wee team - problems). Attendance in Lecce was 400-ish so there were no queues but unlike Milan and Ferrara the guy taking our passport details at the ticket office had a PhD in Tedious Adherence To The Letter Of The Law ...hence it took us almost 15 minutes to buy two tickets and we missed the kick-off...

That said, it sounds like hmfc_liam06 got on OK in Rome.

Andy Teruzzi at Lombardia Hearts Supporters Club could maybe advise you better. Look LHSC up on Facebook or try Lombardia Hearts for contact details. Or wait until he spots this thread... :)

Saw the Roma v Middlesbrough UEFA Cup match four years ago. Got my ticket via one of Roma's shops in the city on the day of the match itself. Was told to avoid the curvas. I thought it was them wanting to make a few Euro extra by selling me a stand seat but let's just say that during the match it got a bit tasty behind both goals! No passport was asked for although this was in 2006 so things might have changed since.

Interesting. They have introduced a 'tessera di tifosi' (in effect, a fans' ID card) which I thought was compulsory to have in order to attend matches in Italy this season (for an article with Lazio relevance see here).

Not surprised if this regulation isn't being enforced universally, but at the same time you should be ready to be challenged when you go along. Last year (before the tessera was introduced) I went to see a matches in Milan (no problem) Ferrara (no problem) and Lecce (where ground-sharing Gallipoli were playing another wee team - problems). Attendance in Lecce was 400-ish so there were no queues but unlike Milan and Ferrara the guy taking our passport details at the ticket office had a PhD in Tedious Adherence To The Letter Of The Law ...hence it took us almost 15 minutes to buy two tickets and we missed the kick-off...

That said, it sounds like hmfc_liam06 got on OK in Rome.

Andy Teruzzi at Lombardia Hearts Supporters Club could maybe advise you better. Look LHSC up on Facebook or try Lombardia Hearts for contact details. Or wait until he spots this thread... :)

I had absolutely no issues whatsoever. I went into the Lazio store, asked for two tickets for the Distini Nord Est, handed over my passports, he scanned them for their records and he handed over the tickets in exchange for 32 euros. I had to show my passport twice to enter the ground and did get searched. There we also plenty other tourists within the ground and seen no mention of any ID cards.

Sheesh, things must have got a bit out of control over there !

I was across at the rugby in 2002 and just walked up to the Lazio vs. Chievo game paying 18euros at the gate

I reckon at that time that was about ?10-?12 :thumbsup:

I also remember Gaizka Mendieta was playing for them :woot:

..........and he was pants :down:

Interesting wee link if anyone is interested

Mendieta

Archived