Herald article

andrew

http://www.heraldsco...ered-1.1082693?

Who is this joker Chris Tait from the Herald? Couldn't wait to get another dig in about the result at Parkhead, yet he can't perform the most basic of arithmetic. Apparently if we'd won on Wednesday we'd still be 4 points behind the minks - how the feck does that work, were we both getting the 3 point for the win?

"Try to keep up." <_<

Note to Chris Tait, if you're going to condescend, try and not do it whilst making a mistake when working through the three times table. Three ones are three, three twos are 6, three threes are 9,...

Hearts of Vladland

Points less valuable yet if we beat the huns we go above them what a absolute wankstain.

'Scottish football is as it should be' does he want a straw?

Who is this joker Chris Tait from the Herald? Couldn't wait to get another dig in about the result at Parkhead, yet he can't perform the most basic of arithmetic. Apparently if we'd won on Wednesday we'd still be 4 points behind the minks - how the feck does that work, were we both getting the 3 point for the win?

Pretty pointless article : unless your are challenging for the league the win is of no/little value ?

By that yardstick , pretty much every other fixture in the SPL is of little value.

kingantti1874

7 points behind with celtic to play at tynie probably which I think we will win.... therefore possibly 4 points behind with our best players just getting fit to come back... we are out of it right enough you divot.

i dont think we will win the league but we sure as hell are still in the mix

It is a bit of a pointless piece TBH as well as being inaccurate which is a shame because usually the Herald is one of the most balanced papers.

Think the Tait boy must be a Jungle Jim.

This was absolute garbage AND I think that the same guy had an equally rubbish report along the same lines in yesterday's Sunday Herald.

This is really bad news as they were half-decent until recently, but have been sacking everybody in sight.

Complete dross and a total misreading of what happened on Saturday. Sickening cos as has often been discussed on this forum, the Weegie Herald's football coverage is usually quite good.

Unfortunately I can't even write in to complain; never write to the press, it only encourages them.

Charlie-Brown

The standard of Scottish football journalism & reporting is at an all time low, I've thought that for a long time but it's getting progressively worse.

what I don't understand is what real difference does it make it we are 7 points or 4 points behind them = 1 more win that we need to make up

seeing as we're in January I can't see how 3 piddly points can make a difference between deciding if someone is a title contender or part of the following pack

bloody weegies! :angry:

Points less valuable yet if we beat the huns we go above them what a absolute wankstain.

'Scottish football is as it should be' does he want a straw?

This quote sums it all up, lets face it guys we or anyone else outside the bigot bros would not be allowed to win the SPL.

Francis Albert

An interesting insight into the OF/Weege mind. It is assumed the OF will get three points from every game against non-OF opposition. So much so that even when contemplating the unimaginable - Hearts winning at Parkhead - Celtic still get awarded the three points!

In fact he may be onto something that McLeish and Doncaster missed. Might this not be another reform that would be good for the Scottish game (aka the OF). It would address the problem that match officials (post Mcdonald and Dallas - gate) are perhaps less inclined to do their job in ensuring OF victories. It would reduce the heat about refereeing standards to being a real concern in only 4 games each season.

Apart from OF games themselves the OF are awarded 3 points for every game. The others are competing for 0, 1 or 3 points in these games. "Scottish Football" is guaranteed to get its best teams into Europe, improving the coefficient. Indeed the OF can play weakened teams in most SPL games and focus on improving the coefficient.

The others just get on with their proper role in the game - competing for third and avoiding relegation.

What a complete T1T! OK we were poor against Sellick but what he fails to recognise is that we are only 7 points behind and after Wednesday we don't have to play the Old Firm again until the split and there is 2 Old Firm games coming up! Lets say they both end up draws and we pick up a point, or dare I dream, 3 on Wednesday at Castle Greyskull... We are back pushing them all the way!!

I do not expect us to mount a sustained title challenge but it would be great to give the ugly sisters a bit of a fright!

Charlie-Brown

An interesting insight into the OF/Weege mind. It is assumed the OF will get three points from every game against non-OF opposition. So much so that even when contemplating the unimaginable - Hearts winning at Parkhead - Celtic still get awarded the three points!

In fact he may be onto something that McLeish and Doncaster missed. Might this not be another reform that would be good for the Scottish game (aka the OF). It would address the problem that match officials (post Mcdonald and Dallas - gate) are perhaps less inclined to do their job in ensuring OF victories. It would reduce the heat about refereeing standards to being a real concern in only 4 games each season.

Apart from OF games themselves the OF are awarded 3 points for every game. The others are competing for 0, 1 or 3 points in these games. "Scottish Football" is guaranteed to get its best teams into Europe, improving the coefficient. Indeed the OF can play weakened teams in most SPL games and focus on improving the coefficient.

The others just get on with their proper role in the game - competing for third and avoiding relegation.

would this be in a 10 team league or an 18 team one?

it might be as well to give all the newpaper writing duties over to 'the green brigade' and the 'wee duserve bettaaar!" crew. the papers would have all their reporting and match articles done for free and the overall standard wouldn't really suffer a great deal.

This quote sums it all up, lets face it guys we or anyone else outside the bigot bros would not be allowed to win the SPL.

It makes more sense if you dont deliberatley take it out of context though.

The quote was :

'Scottish football is as it should be; or rather it is back to how it always is.'

It makes more sense if you dont deliberatley take it out of context though.

The quote was :

'Scottish football is as it should be; or rather it is back to how it always is.'

Point taken, but I would argue should there have been any need for the first part why not just print "is back to how it always was" or maybe it is just journolistic licence <_<

Point taken, but I would argue should there have been any need for the first part why not just print "is back to how it always was" or maybe it is just journolistic licence <_<

its just a shocking piece of agenda driven journalism.

but we dont need to take it out of context to fit our needs....the article does a decent enough job on its own for that.

Frankenstein Jambo.

We are only 7 points behind FFS eh? I certainly have not given up hope.

Usually, the third place team would be about 20 points of by this point. They could at least give us some badword credit.

JewelsOfTheRomanovs

When his earlier report stated that the score was Hearts 1 KILMARNOCK 0 and couldn't be arsed reporting who we were actually playing I couldn't be arsed reading his latest OF drivel.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/spl/hearts/no-trials-just-retribution-1.1082597

Certainly the kind of "match report" you could write without having to leave your desk.

Perhaps a woman could explain to him the way that "3 points per win, 1 point per draw, 0 points per defeat" works. If he's going to be reporting on league matches that will come in handy.

I wonder if he understands the offside rule?

Jesus wept. With one shambolic article - covering not one of the salient points regarding the actual football match - he's leapfrogged Banderson and Dung to the top of the "shite biased reporter" tree. What an utter choad.

Hearts Heritage

Having read through 1000s of Hearts newspaper over the years. We now rarely get just a 'match report' . Read most of pre 1950 stuff and you got a description of the game and goals. Very occasionally there might be praise or criticism of a player.

A lot now is driven by

what a player or manager says about

Contention around referees decisions

The writers own agenda

They don't feel the need to describe a goal partly because we will all gave seen it via the TV and the Internet . So it becomes an opinion piece

Charlie-Brown

Having read through 1000s of Hearts newspaper over the years. We now rarely get just a 'match report' . Read most of pre 1950 stuff and you got a description of the game and goals. Very occasionally there might be praise or criticism of a player.

A lot now is driven by

what a player or manager says about

Contention around referees decisions

The writers own agenda

They don't feel the need to describe a goal partly because we will all gave seen it via the TV and the Internet . So it becomes an opinion piece

yet curiously the internet football sites now provides the match report (& stats) format that newspapers appear to have abandoned.

here's a couple of examples. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9378085.stm

http://www.football365.com/report/0,17033,8938_6709482,00.html

think this guy needs to learn to add and subtract first before he writes,

"but had they won the Edinburgh side would currently be one point above Rangers, albeit having played two more matches, and within four of Celtic."

make that within 1 point of the minks ya arsewipe!

Juan Rom?n Riquelme
Driver looked a little rusty, but very nearly contributed to a second goal for his side when he slid a pass to Stephen Elliott, only for the striker to be robbed at the final moment.

:vrface:

Load of shite, on a side note the apprentice got the Record today and I was surprised with how well written and balanced it was it must be some unwritten rule that we're only allowed 1 a week

And if we beat the hun on Wed and the mhanks lose their next match...ain't we exactly where we would have been points wise? Surely slightly early for the hacks to break out the champers?

Hearts Heritage

yet curiously the internet football sites now provides the match report (& stats) format that newspapers appear to have abandoned.

here's a couple of examples. :)

http://news.bbc.co.u...rem/9378085.stm

http://www.football3...6709482,00.html

The problem is a lot of the online sites use the PA as their single source statistics

In this example the Kevin Kyle booking is missing. A real pain when you are trying to get an accurate set of statistics.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live_match/index_bet.auto?/opt/ASFapache/htdocs/site/football/live_match/195700.insdat

Charlie-Brown

The problem is a lot of the online sites use the PA as their single source statistics

In this example the Kevin Kyle booking is missing. A real pain when you are trying to get an accurate set of statistics.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live_match/index_bet.auto?/opt/ASFapache/htdocs/site/football/live_match/195700.insdat

well I suppose there is always the potential for some errors to creep into any sources used however the point i was making is that the online match reports more typically resemble the traditional factual & action based match reporting format compared to the opinionated guff that now makes up many broadsheet and tabloid match reports these days.

its a disgusting piece of 'journalism' and the guy is getting a letter to tell him so...

Thunderstruck

I can't be bothered working it out but were they not 20 or so pts ahead when we played them in November and we reduced that to 7 over 12 games. What do we have left - 16 or 17 games and (all things being equal) they need to come to Tynecastle.

The end of the season is a long way off.

Archived