Same points as end of last season

Ecce Romanov

Apols if it has already been highlighted, but worth bringing up again even if it has! :thumbsup:

Not bad after 23 games! Here is last seasons table

My link

We've already won 2 more games too

Apols if it has already been highlighted, but worth bringing up again even if it has! :thumbsup:

Not bad after 23 games! Here is last seasons table

My link

We've already won 2 more games too

ps For some reason the link doesn't go straight to it but you can get it in the drop down box

ps For some reason the link doesn't go straight to it but you can get it in the drop down box

scored 2 more goals already as well

Blimey. That's crazy. But in a good way...

In 2005/06 we finished on 74 points...to get the same again we'd need another 9 wins....hmm....

What an achievement from the Jim and the lads.

Still behind Celtic and Rangers despite them not doing aswell as usual though.

Just shows you how hard it is to break into this top 2 and how good we really were when we did finish second.

Kick on jambos!

It's interesting to do a comparison between the situation at the end of January this year, and the end of January last year.

Hearts are 20 points better, and +22 in goal difference compared to a year ago.

The Hobos are -26 points and -37 in GD compared to a year ago. That's a horrendous drop for the vermin and has put them squarely into the relegation race.

Hamilton, the Hobos main rival for relegation, have declined only slightly from last year, at -3 points and -5 GD, comparing end of January status.

Conclusion: while Hearts' star has risen significantly, Hibs have undergone a dramatic decline, probably the fastest decline in SPL history.

They're going DOWN!

Conclusion: while Hearts' star has risen significantly, Hibs have undergone a dramatic decline, probably the fastest decline in SPL history.

As I mentioned on another thread yesterday since CC took over at Hibs and his first game on the 23rd October they have gained just 8 points. In the same period we have dropped only 8 points. :thumbsup:

GULP!

We have three games left against the Old Firm. There's no other team that we'll play in the other 12 games that we should expect our team to be able to beat.

What an achievement from the Jim and the lads.

Still behind Celtic and Rangers despite them not doing aswell as usual though.

Just shows you how hard it is to break into this top 2 and how shit rangers really were when we did finish second.

Kick on jambos!

closer to the truth IMO

I'd hope for more than 9 wins from 15 games left.

Say we win 7, draw 3 and lose 5 in the remaining 15. (yes, I know we'd probably expect better than that, but that's the worst case IMO).

We'll end up with 72 points which is very very good when you consider in the 05/06 season we got 74 points with a huge wage bill.

Blimey. That's crazy. But in a good way...

In 2005/06 we finished on 74 points...to get the same again we'd need another 9 wins....hmm....

Not even 9. Any of these will do it

W 8, D 2, L 5; W 7, D 5, L 3; W 6, D 8, L 1

Say we win 7, draw 3 and lose 5 in the remaining 15. (yes, I know we'd probably expect better than that, but that's the worst case IMO).

We'll end up with 72 points which is very very good when you consider in the 05/06 season we got 74 points with a huge wage bill.

Agreed. It would be a magnificent achievement if Hearts were to equal or better 74 points (our record). As you say we had a huge wage bill back in 05-06 - I would imagine our wage bill now is well over 50% less than it was back then. Also you have to consider our shocking home form at start of the season which makes it even more impressive.

6 of our remaining 10 games before the split are away from home. This is actually a good thing seeing as we have only dropped points away to Celtic. 74 points is a good aim.

Problem Officer?

The least I want from this season now is for us to break the 70 points barrier.

No team that has finished 3rd has done so except for Rangers in 2005/06 (understandably).

This season 75-80 points will probably mean 2nd place, and 80-85 points the title.

Archived