I think Rangers.....

John Findlay

are not as good a team as Celtic.

This may sound hugely optimistic but, after watching Rangers again today. I honestly believe we have nothing to fear at Ibrox on Wednesday evening(I know I know probably another 4-0 doing). After that Rangers performance against Motherwell today if the Hearts management/coaching/and playing staff do not believe they can get another three points then lets all jack it in now. This is a bad Celtic team but it is an even poorer Rangers one.

John

Tynecastle Valhalla

agreed

but they are a hard team to beat.

we need to turn up with confidence and have a go, unlike the last game against celtic

I agree.

Celtic suffered at the start of the season after bringing in so many players, and the fact that a lot of the players they signed wern't used to Scottish football. They're now jelling into what looks like a decent side.

Despite everyone seeming to think their defenders are weak, they have the best defensive record in the league.

It will take an unbelievable effort, and a fair slice of lady luck to get the points on Wednesday.

Difficult, but incontrovertibly possible.

You should never fear anyone but the big thing is believing in yourself. Really, our players don`t have any pressure on them. They need to realise last weeks defeat to Celtic wasn`t the end of the world no matter how disappointing we were.

Not all, but a few of the media have now written us off. Good. The players should go through there to enjoy themselves in a big stadium with a big crowd and express themselves. It`ll be hard, but if we get the competitive side of things right we have a chance.

pettigrewsstylist

This may sound hugely optimistic but, after watching Rangers again today. I honestly believe we have nothing to fear at Ibrox on Wednesday evening(I know I know probably another 4-0 doing). After that Rangers performance against Motherwell today if the Hearts management/coaching/and playing staff do not believe they can get another three points then lets all jack it in now. This is a bad Celtic team but it is an even poorer Rangers one.

John

John

Lets just hope we turn up first eh?

RoussetsShorts

John

Is this the same rangers team that utterly outclassed us a week ago at Tynecastle. If they are sh**e then we must be super sh**e.

John

I'm not sure about the nothing to fear, I think we should be fearful of messing up from our side, but do believe that with the right attitude, a win is totally within our capabilities.

Is this the same rangers team that utterly outclassed us a week ago at Tynecastle. If they are sh**e then we must be super sh**e.

Absolute total and utter bollocks. They were better than us for large sections of the game but they never outclassed us. We looked nervous against them and found it difficult to make simple passes and Rangers capitalised on that (though not where it mattered, in front of goal).

Celtic outclassed us.

Aye, that'll be the ones.

The ones we beat.

Yes and the Celtic team that hammered us 4-0 last week is the same Celtic team that we comfortably beat 2-0 a couple of months ago.

John

Lets just hope we turn up first eh?

Exactly.

Its the not turning up that gets me.

If we did as well at Darkheid as Motherwell did today against Rangers, i.e. competed, created a few chances, lost by the odd goal then we could at least feel we gave it our best shot.

<_<

Utterly outclassed is a bit ott no? It was one 90 mins where Rangers played extremely well but i can`t actually(Jelavic effort aside) remember a clear cut chance they had? They had long to mid range efforts saved by the goalie, thats not luck.

Yes, they passed well and dominated for a large part of the game but i always say if you keep fighting, as Hearts did, you can get something. It was the total opposite at Parkhead.

We were poor at Parkhead but that performance shouldn`t turn the win a at Tynie over Rangers into "lucky"......as was said at the time the Old Firm have won plenty games not playing well but they fought til the end and got the points.

Hearts won`t dominate the game on Wednesday, its all about being strong phyically and mentally on and off the ball. We have the players to pick them off if the chance comes and that will be borne out of us staying strong and fighting our corner.

As long as we turn up and show the necessary hunger and desire then we have a chance

Them signing Healy is an interesting one though as it gives them another option in the box who is a decent finisher and will likely have a field day in the SPL so we'll have to be cautious but I'm unsure how match sharp he'll be

But, if we keep it tight then we've got Driver to bring on late in the game and if Saturdays cameo is anything to go by he can provide a spark

So we have a chance, but we have to earn it but we also have to remember that they aren't that bad a team

The OP is right when he says there is nothing to fear.

But there was nothing to fear last week at Celtic Park when we got ripped a new one, partly because we feared them IMO

We need to get rid of this fear factor before we step out onto the pitch on Wednesday or I "fear" the same outcome as the last time we "feared" the opposition in Glasgow.

The OP is right when he says there is nothing to fear.

But there was nothing to fear last week at Celtic Park when we got ripped a new one, partly because we feared them IMO

We need to get rid of this fear factor before we step out onto the pitch on Wednesday or I "fear" the same outcome as the last time we "feared" the opposition in Glasgow.

This is where JJ has to step up to the mark, he has to have them believing they can win in the weeg.

Would love for us to get something at ipox, but look at the facts. Rangers at home and they need the points....

Unless we play at 110%, I can't see us winning. (egg on my face, please)

On the Celtic team. Lennon has brought in no less than 14 players since he got the job. So if you meet any gloating Tics, Celtic are trying to buy the league... shameful. Thought Celtic where better than that, such a rangers thing to do. :thumbsup:

Archived