mobile phone repair

ArmiyaRomanova

ArmiyaRomanova

Inadvertently slammed my Motorola L6 in a car door this afternoon, smashing the screen to smithereens. Damn.

I'm not a mobile phone enthusiast - the L6 cost ?15 unlocked from Lidl, and all I really need are phone, text and triband capability - anything else would be a frippery.

Questions are...

Is it cheaper to take the L6 somewhere to get it repaired, or to buy a new phone? What might a new screen cost?

If I bought a new phone, what chance of having photo/video transferred to it?

If it's cheaper to repair where would you go (pref on the south side) to have it done?

Any responses which don't draw attention to my obvious dim clumsiness for smashing it in the first place welcome......

I reckon it would be cheaper to just get a new phone in my experience, and if your getting it fixed,go to a wee dodgy bit as opposed to a Carphone Warehouse or Phonesforyou

Is it just the glass screen that's broken or is it the glass screen and the LCD display underneath?

Glass screens for two or three quid delivered on eBay.

If you need the LCD display replaced, maybe a tenner delivered.

Might be cheaper with a new mobile.

Can you see anything on your screen? If so, activate Bluetooth and then Bluetooth your photos and videos to your new mobile. Or you could download them from your L6 to your PC if you've got a Bluetooth dongle on your PC.

ArmiyaRomanova
Is it just the glass screen that's broken or is it the glass screen and the LCD display underneath?

Glass screens for two or three quid delivered on eBay.

If you need the LCD display replaced, maybe a tenner delivered.

Might be cheaper with a new mobile.

Can you see anything on your screen? If so, activate Bluetooth and then Bluetooth your photos and videos to your new mobile. Or you could download them from your L6 to your PC if you've got a Bluetooth dongle on your PC.

Nah, the screen's well and truly stove in, the LCD's obviously badly damaged too.

Just got quoted ?25 by a wee shop (non-chain) for a repair (I'm not clever enough to do it myself).

Might as well buy something new at that price....

The Old Tolbooth

Mate, I have to admit to laughing out loud when I read how you mongled your phone!

I did exactly the same thing a few months back when I slammed my car door shut just as my phone fell out my top pocket, and crunch!!!

It was at a 90 degree angle with a shattered screen lol!! Luckily I had it insured!

ArmiyaRomanova
Mate, I have to admit to laughing out loud when I read how you mongled your phone!

I did exactly the same thing a few months back when I slammed my car door shut just as my phone fell out my top pocket, and crunch!!!

It was at a 90 degree angle with a shattered screen lol!! Luckily I had it insured!

That's exactly what happened to me too.

Thanks for making me feel slightly less alone in my stupidity. :fing10:

The Old Tolbooth
That's exactly what happened to me too.

Thanks for making me feel slightly less alone in my stupidity. :fing10:

Your welcome mate, glad to help :)

Only, I wasnt quite as stupid as I had it insured lol!! :movethatass:

Archived