FAO Richard Gordon

RoussetsShorts

Yeah, I remember RG used to post on here once and while before that post, nice once Shaun.

re the subject matter, he did come on here, post some responses, and also posted to congratulate us on finishing second.

He'd stopped posting long before that thread - and took what I wrote in good spirit. From memory, about the only Kickbacker who didn't was you, actually! :lol:

Yes Miko did feet unndeserved stick from our very own just because it was Miko but there is a difference.

RG called him a cheat and as good as said he should go back home. He was a ball hair away from being racist.

Perhaps there were some fans who slated Miko for racist reasons and those fans were wrong but at least they do not work for the BBC when making such remarks.

Fair enough.For the record,i'm not defending RG in any way but there is no perhaps about it;Miko used to get some pretty bad abuse.

Something else that has sprung to mind of the day Miko dived. Gordon Waddell's match report in the Sunday Mail calling him a "w**ker".

Surprisingly though, the one pundit who did emerge with some credit was Jim Traynor (loathe as I am to give it) who called all those greeting about it "hypocrites".

Fair enough.For the record,i'm not defending RG in any way but there is no perhaps about it;Miko used to get some pretty bad abuse.

On that point I do agree, a lot of it undeserved.

Would be a bit off if he went on and ripped us at said dinner... No?

Yeah. Given his fee and everything I suppose he wasn't going to give us it tight.

I just do not get the bad feeling towards Richard Gordon from many on here. Yes, his Miko rant was OTT - but he is no doubt a Scotland fan, who like all of us, gets a bit carried away at times.

I've always thought that he comes across as genuinely trying to be impartial in his presenting - while never hiding the fact he is an Aberdeen fan. He actually has some knowledge and interest in non old-firm teams - unlike so many pudits - and has often been heard defending Hearts when some of his fellow pundits such as Chick Young are slagging us off.

Give the guy a break.

Archived