Gordon Smith

CraigSN1

Jim McInally called up regarding East Stirling getting punted out the cup, blamed him for everything, started quoting the SFA rulebook and all Smith could say was "aye okay, blame me as usual, ive been out the job 10months and im still getting blamed. I'll take the blame for the state of Scottish football, okay"

Guess The Crowd

I don't know whether the clip will be online later, but this was a magnificent rant by Jim McInally, up there with Terry Butcher's recent effort :thumbsup:

Johanes de Silentio

I don't know whether the clip will be online later, but this was a magnificent rant by Jim McInally, up there with Terry Butcher's recent effort :thumbsup:

I heard it - I don't think it was anywhere near Butcher's rant, which was righteous!

McInally had absolutely no grounds for the attack, other than feeling sorry for himself - the law they are moaning about could easily have been applied to their opponents had they broken the rules, but they didn't - East Stirlingshire did - they fielded a player who hadn't been registered in time, and they were punished for it - same as we woulda been.

Not that I have any time for Gordon Smith, of course - I was glad to hear McInally having a go at him, but was disappointed to hear that he wasn't able to back up his argument with anything solid - in effect, he embarrassed himself a wee bit.

Sorry - I know we all like to see The Man taken down a peg or two, but McInally's attack on Smith was unwarranted, imo.

Guess The Crowd

I heard it - I don't think it was anywhere near Butcher's rant, which was righteous!

McInally had absolutely no grounds for the attack, other than feeling sorry for himself - the law they are moaning about could easily have been applied to their opponents had they broken the rules, but they didn't - East Stirlingshire did - they fielded a player who hadn't been registered in time, and they were punished for it - same as we woulda been.

Not that I have any time for Gordon Smith, of course - I was glad to hear McInally having a go at him, but was disappointed to hear that he wasn't able to back up his argument with anything solid - in effect, he embarrassed himself a wee bit.

Sorry - I know we all like to see The Man taken down a peg or two, but McInally's attack on Smith was unwarranted, imo.

I agree with all of that, still thought it was funny.

Archived