DAVE WILSON (AULDBAULDFAN)

luckydug

Some very sad news about my brother Dave Wilson otherwise known as Auldbauldfan on JKB.

Dave died very suddenly at home on Wednesday afternoon.

Dave had a wide circle of friends and was very popular and well liked but I just thought I would post this sad news in case any old friends who had lost touch had not heard.

Dave used to help running the Longstone Hearts SC bus in the 80s/90s and in his younger days worked as a bar manager in the Spiders Web and also the Tynie Arms.He was ex RAF and worked for the RAF Benevolent fund up to his retirement a couple of years ago. Although he was ex service he was a passionate supporter of Scottish Independance and while not a frequent poster on JKB he liked to have a debate on occasions with some of our more 'traditional'posters.

Dave was a ST holder and was a regular attender at Hearts home games.

As his death was very sudden his family are unable to announce any arrangements for a few days yet.

Some very sad news about my brother Dave Wilson otherwise known as Auldbauldfan on JKB.

Dave had a wide circle of friends and was very popular and well liked but I just thought I would post this sad news in case any old friends who had lost touch had not heard.

Dave used to help running the Longstone Hearts SC bus in the 80s/90s and in his younger days worked as a bar manager in the Spiders Web and also the Tynie Arms.He was ex RAF and worked for the RAF Benevolent fund up to his retirement a couple of years ago. Although he was ex service he was a passionate supporter of Scottish Independance and while not a frequent poster on JKB he liked to have a debate on occasions with some of our more 'traditional'posters.

As his death was very sudden his family are unable to announce any arrangements for a few days yet.

very sorry and shocked to hear of this. my condolences to you and the rest of your family.

i knew davie very well. he was a true gent and a great hearts man. he'll be sadly missed.

RIP davie.

A posters name I recognise instantly.

yes, i think most of us will know the username and his all too infrequent posts

thought with family and friends at such a sad time for them

RIP dave

I, too, am an "auld Bauld fan", and your brother Dave and I undoubtedly attended many of the same games in the 1950s when King Willie reigned supreme. I was also once a member of the Longstone Hearts SC, as well as an ex-serviceman, so he and I had a lot in common.

My condolences on your family's loss.

Remember his posts well.

A sad loss to Kickback, the wider Hearts family and I'm sure to his own family too.

RIP

Coburg Hearts

Very sad news to hear. I always associated with his username when he posted as it would have fitted me too, and I often wondered if I knew him from our glory days. RIP. Condolences to you and your family.

My condolences also, same feeling as others his Auld Bauld Fan sign in name although not being acquainted gave a person the feeling of being a kindred soul, from a time of shared glories RIP.

A disgusting thing to go through LD.

My deepest condolences to you and yours. I would happliy "chip in" and buy a pint in his honour at the pub of your choice, or, pop some cash in a box in aid of your friend.

We should all be together on days like this.

Let me know, I'll do my small bit wherever.

bh.

This is very sad news. Would I be correct in thinking that Dave is survived by a son named Stuart?

Very sad news

Dave was on his usual good form in the Merchi after the Rangers game.

It will be sad not seeing take his usual seat at Tynie this afternoon.

RIP Mr Wilson

Luckydug....It must've not only been a shock when you heard the news,but very difficult to write your superb post.Well Done!

Sincere condolences,Rest in Peace Auld Bauld Fan..

Guess The Crowd

A posters name I recognise instantly.

Deeply sorry.

RIP.

Me too.

Very sad news, condolences to the family.

So sorry to hear that. Yup I think I had a few debates on here with him. Thoughts and best wishes to all. Hope Hearts win for him today.

RIP

Knew Davie through travelling to the away games with Longstone Hearts back in the 80/90's

He used to take his son and daughters who were around the same age as me.

Years after I occasionally seen him on the bus coming home from work and he always took the time to say Hi.

A gent and a jambo

Condolonces to his family

Reckon this is my first proper post on here and probably the hardest I'll ever write.

On behalf of the family, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their kind wishes and messages for my Dad.

Losing him so suddenly on Wednesday was such a big shock for everyone, and although it's still a lot to take in and we're still a bit numb, the support we've received from everyone has been amazing.

Dad was certainly a 'character' and it seems so many people have been part of his debates, heard all his stories, and shared a pint or two with him over the years. To know that so many people cared and that he was so well thought of really does help us through this difficult time.

Unfortunately we're not yet in a position to advise of any arrangements, but will post again as soon as we can. Anyone who'd like to come and raise a glass to him would be very welcome.

Thanks again guys!

Kirsty

x

Archived