Luis Suarez

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Read this post on http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=270095.0

A few points in bold made me giggle.

It's not out of frustration or sadness what people are saying. He's ******* stabbed us in the back, and you're bending over for him? Let him leave and see where he gets at a plastic club like Chelsea, a club with no history where the f****** fans are given free fans to try and generate atmopshere. The lad doesn't realise how good he's got it here, he could stay here and become a legend, or become another one of modern day football's casualties and become a small fish in a very big pond. He'll never get it as good as he did at Liverpool and I doubt he actually realises how good he has got it up to know. We're a club that reaks history with the best and classiest fans in the world. Playing infront of those generic rent boys will be a massive come down to him, and hopefully one day when he returns to Anfield, at a point when we're in a much better position than we are now, then he'll realise what he's missed out on. He'll just go down on the many list of Liverpool football players that thought they were bigger than the club, and failed.

Back to Spain (for one of the big two) or even to Italy (to try his skills against what Serie A has to offer) you could understand but another Premiership club would indeed smack (solely) of money-chasing.

Liverpool are obviously a very big club. However, they have not won the title since 1990, made only one serious challenge to regain it in the entire time since, are in the midst of an absolutely pathetic campaign this season, next season will embark on their second straight year without Champions League football, and have won just two (count 'em) trophies in what will now become ten full seasons. That's embarrassing.

Over the same period, the trophy haul amongst those clubs Liverpool consider to be their competition is as follows:

Manchester United 9

Chelsea 8

Arsenal 5

I'm not quite sure how much longer Liverpool fans will dine out on one miracle second half fightback in Istanbul - but the world's long since moved on, and players like Torres want to win the game's biggest tournaments. So naturally, he wants out; because the record shows that Liverpool currently have next to no chance of winning anything important.

kingantti1874

Liverpool are a big team, and will more than likely be back in the top four or five next season. I did wonder if Arsenal might be interested in Suarez - but he'll do great at Liverpool, and it's an excellent deal for them.

I'll be surprised if that happens, they are a fair bit behind the top 5 on quality available to them and will require significant investment to get back in, hope they do

manage it though

Read this post on http://www.redandwhi...?topic=270095.0

A few points in bold made me giggle.

It's not out of frustration or sadness what people are saying. He's ******* stabbed us in the back, and you're bending over for him? Let him leave and see where he gets at a plastic club like Chelsea, a club with no history where the f****** fans are given free fans to try and generate atmopshere. The lad doesn't realise how good he's got it here, he could stay here and become a legend, or become another one of modern day football's casualties and become a small fish in a very big pond. He'll never get it as good as he did at Liverpool and I doubt he actually realises how good he has got it up to know. We're a club that reaks history with the best and classiest fans in the world. Playing infront of those generic rent boys will be a massive come down to him, and hopefully one day when he returns to Anfield, at a point when we're in a much better position than we are now, then he'll realise what he's missed out on. He'll just go down on the many list of Liverpool football players that thought they were bigger than the club, and failed.

That is so cringeworthy.

Torres played for Athletico Madrid and was a hero for them. He doesn't give a toss about the Scousers and quite right too.

kingantti1874

Still failing to see the appeal of moving to Celski at this time.

Yeah me too, Chelsea Are closer to the top than pool though an without doubt have the funds an the core ofthe team to be in it again next season

made only one serious challenge to regain it in the entire time since

I count four (95/96, 96/97, 01/02 & 08/09)

Same number as this guy..............

diestefano.jpg

Phil Neal was gutted when he had to make do with four! :lol::thumbsup:

Archived