What would people make of Owen Coyle as a managerial candidate?

Bruno

He hasn't been linked with us, and probably won't be, but he did a smashing job with St Johnstone, and is continuing that in probably the tightest league in the world with Burnley. He knows the Scottish game and the lower leagues well, he's not Lithuanian and seems to get results wherever he goes. Personally I'd rather him than Mark "sacked from every job he's had" McGhee.

Thoughts?

He hasn't been linked with us, and probably won't be, but he did a smashing job with St Johnstone, and is continuing that in probably the tightest league in the world with Burnley. He knows the Scottish game and the lower leagues well, he's not Lithuanian and seems to get results wherever he goes. Personally I'd rather him than Mark "sacked from every job he's had" McGhee.

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure he was quoted as saying he wouldn't touch the Hearts job when he was at St Johnstone.

Not sure why he would leave an improving Burnley team for the SPL anyway.

I'm pretty sure he was quoted as saying he wouldn't touch the Hearts job when he was at St Johnstone.

Not sure why he would leave an improving Burnley team for the SPL anyway.

given time i would think he'll become a top manager.

I'd have liked to have seen Coyle play for us, he was a class player, one who could place the ball into the net rather than blast it straight at a keeper.

As far as a manager I would rather have a more experienced man but if he was in the frame I would back him. He played well into his thirties I don't think he drinks and could be a role model for the younger players.

I would have no problems supporting Hearts with O.C. as boss, in fact I`d quite like to see him at Tynecastle , he knows the Scottish scene & would have a fair idea of the English scene as well.

:thumb::thumb:

Nucky Thompson

No fecking way:mad: Owen Columba Coyle can GTF. Weegie, fake Irish, Celtic loving tosser.

No fecking way:mad: Owen Columba Coyle can GTF. Weegie, fake Irish, Celtic loving tosser.

Agreeing once again JB. :)

Charlie-Brown

Owen Coyle is clearly rated as a promising manager despite what some hun friendly posters on here think.

Gordon Chisholm is another guy who is doing a remarkable job in the SFL 1st Divison with Queen of the South despite very limited resources.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Re: Gordon Chisolm - they're on a decent cup run and are playing slightly above themselves in a league quite a bit inferior to the SPL. They've only recently gone full time which might be why they've improved so much from previous years. He's found his level.

I quite like Owen Coyle, but he's on to a good thing with an unfashinable club. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in a bigger job down there in the future (one of the big champuionship clubs as opposed to the Prem).

Owen Coyle is clearly rated as a promising manager despite what some hun friendly posters on here think.

Gordon Chisholm is another guy who is doing a remarkable job in the SFL 1st Divison with Queen of the South despite very limited resources.

re:gordon chisolm...was he not sacked as dundee utd manager?

so deemed not good enough for them.

therefore no where near the level i want at hearts.

shaun.lawson

Pathetic. Are you in employment, Jam-Boo? If so, how would you feel if, when applying for a job and submitting a CV, you'd been turned down flat thanks to such bigoted nonsense?

Sometimes, to judge from some of the gibberish I read on here, I honestly think that Celtic, not Hibs, are regarded as our rivals. Yes, that's right: Celtic (gates almost four times our size, Champions League last 16 the past two seasons, one European Cup, forty-one league titles, 34 Scottish Cups, 13 League Cups) are our rivals. It brings to mind a line from Casablanca, in which Ugarte explained his desire to leave once and for all:

Ugarte: You despise me, don't you?

Rick: If I gave you any thought, I probably would.

That's us, that is.

There is, incidentally, no chance of us getting Coyle anyway: he ain't going to leave a proud old club with the potential of getting into the EPL for anyone outside the Old Firm, and someone like him would only become an option once he'd failed (or at least, had been perceived to fail) down south, as with Jefferies or Levein. But to see him dismissed on such risible grounds is just embarrassing: down here, if you tell someone you're a Hearts fan, they invariably either laugh about Romanov or deride us as just "Huns without the bus fare". And as long as attitudes like the above prevail, frankly, no wonder.

Charlie-Brown
re:gordon chisolm...was he not sacked as dundee utd manager?

so deemed not good enough for them.

therefore no where near the level i want at hearts.

George Burley was sacked as Ayr Utd manager in his first managerial job and there are plenty other similar examples - surely it's how a manager learns & improves from his previous experiences and manages with the resources he has available that counts?

Coyle looks a very decent young manager to me.

It would nice to see Hearts in a situation to make an appointment like that but with Vlad at the helm a young up and coming manager won't be good for us nor us them. We need a manager who has cut his teeth, has something on his CV to shout about and the experience to stand up to Vlad.

I'm not even sure Mark McGee is the answer for us for that reason.

Archived