Celtic player in 'I am a victim' shock (NHC)

Hearts of Vladland

Its really quite pathetic, he should man up and stop trying to worm his way out of it with his awful excuses.

Apparently he did receive racist taunting in an away game against St. Johnstone.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/7011/racist-abuse-at-st-johnstone-celtic-game-to-be-investigated.html

Nothing to do with monkeys though.

"It is understood that the tasteless taunts refer to the reported use of dogs in Korean cuisine."

What a cracking quote!!

Apparently he did receive racist taunting in an away game against St. Johnstone.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/7011/racist-abuse-at-st-johnstone-celtic-game-to-be-investigated.html

Nothing to do with monkeys though.

"In my opinion the same applies to going 'woof woof' to Korean players."

He must have been having a laugh with that one. :lol:

"It is understood that the tasteless taunts refer to the reported use of dogs in Korean cuisine."

What a cracking quote!!

Do we have female assistant refs in Scotland?

Do we have female assistant refs in Scotland?

He'll get some abuse now, to be sure - See I put a bit of Oirish into that!!! Tartan army types won't like Scotland's reputation abroad being besmirched... :teehee:

Malinga the Swinga

The victim mentality of Celtic knows no borders, even international ones. I wonder if St Johnstone have got a thread on their fans forum condemning their own fans for these vile insults. If it happened against us, half the board would be taken up by posters complaining that our fans were barking made, and making a right dogs dinner of it all. Perhaps they haven't got any Pals or quality friends, pedigree chums in fact, to chew a bone over. Anyway, before I dig another hole, I'm off for some walkies.

HeMadLando.jpg

What a chancer. Surely ,if he wanted to highlight rascist abuse from scottish fans he would want to make his point in Scotland not in the land of the rising sun.Some, less subtle, might say he was barking mad.

What a chancer. Surely ,if he wanted to highlight rascist abuse from scottish fans he would want to make his point in Scotland not in the land of the rising sun.Some, less subtle, might say he was barking mad.

oops sorry.Just noticed it's already been done. Still ,great minds and all that

He is a child of his environment - i.e. the poisonous place that is Parkhead!

No doubt we will here shortly that it's all the SFA's fault! (Good grief, I'm sort of defending the SFA!!!)

There is no place for any racial abuse but, where do you draw the line.

Is a chant at football along the lines of, "You eat dogs for your dinner," for example, racial abuse?

I'm interested what you all think!

It was definately aimed at Japan, and nothing to do with anything in Scotland. Korea and Japan absolutely hate each other. What a cretin Ki is!

Lynn :ninja:

jamboinglasgow

I have never heard any monkey chants aimed towards him, you would think if there had the media or at least Celtic fans would be all over it.

To me it sounds like he did a stupid gesture towards the Japanese, the South Korean FA tried to defuse the situation making up the idea that he got monkey chants in Scotland and was trying to make a gesture to stand up for Asian players.

If it is true that fans have made monkey noises at him then that is shameful, but if not then I think the South Koreans should apologise for dragging Scotland through the mud for the sake of trying to hide an insulting act their player did.

Comical stuff - Scotland accused of being racist despite no such thing happening, and then a bunch of Scots fall over themselves to perpetuate racial stereotypes.

We can't help but enjoy our lowly misery, can we?

Doctor FinnBarr

It was definately aimed at Japan, and nothing to do with anything in Scotland. Korea and Japan absolutely hate each other. What a cretin Ki is!

Lynn :ninja:

Might be daft here Lynn, but what the hell does scratching yer face mean?

:huh:

He'll get some abuse now, to be sure - See I put a bit of Oirish into that!!! Tartan army types won't like Scotland's reputation abroad being besmirched... :teehee:

with all due respect i don't think SCOTTISH football fans will like their name being muddied.. beggar all to do with "tartan army types"

thought better of you spellczech angry.gif

It's a serious accusation and, if the SFA were feeling mischievous enough, they could invite him to explain his words, potentially in the presence of a police officer.

No room for racism in Scotland but no room for slander either. Make him back it up - hammer St Johnstone if you want but don't tar us all with that brush.

Guest Dipped Flake

with all due respect i don't think SCOTTISH football fans will like their name being muddied.. beggar all to do with "tartan army types"

thought better of you spellczech angry.gif

Somebody has to standup against these evil tartan army types now that their glorious leader has been banned (again)

Tokyo Drifter

What it doesn't say in the piece is that the South Koreans refer to the Japanese as "monkeys" and have done since Japan occuppied SK during WW2. He was playing for South Korea against Japan, right? He made the gesture after he'd scored, right? To the Japan fans, perhaps? Doesn't take a genius to work out what was going on.

Ten out of ten for effort on behalf of his federation's PR machine though: "Let's blame the Jocks. It's bonkers but it might just work. Who's the other big club that plays in blue, St Johnstone is it ... ?"

Thanks for explaining Tokyo Drifter, it makes sense now.

So Ki indulges in racist taunting against Japan. Gets collared for it and thinks he can blame Scottish fans despite playing in a game thousands of miles away - when even the lowest troglodyte racist in this country would not use monkey taunts against a Korean.

The SFA should have the disingenuous, odious, lying little prick up on a charge of bringing the game into disrepute. But then again, the faux-Irish-catholic-i'm-a-perennial-victim-get-out-of-jail-free-card will be waived by Celtic and nothing will be done.

Rudolf's Mate

SORRY IF ALREADY POSTED

Ok so it was common knowledge that the boy received these racist taunts at St Johnstone however I wasn't aware of it anywhere else. He's making out that it's happening on a large scale???

My link

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

He's got pulled up for being an idiot and shite his kilt and blamed it on us. Should get fined for bringing the game into disrepute.

BangkokHearts

Irony is a Korean complaining about racism when Korea is one of the most xenophobic, nationalist and racist countries on the planet.

Genuinely hope he gets a hefty fine for that.

Absolutely no need for dragging Scotland through the mud claiming we subject him to racist abuse to cover up his own racist behaviour.

Absolute cretin.

Diadora Van Basten

I can't believe that a Korean who has only been at the club six months has cottened on so quickly to the Celtic way. Embarrassed by nothing offended by everything.

http://celticfanzone.net/3177/scotsman-racist-jibe-out-of-order/

I know Celtic thumping the capitals equivalent of the establishment team doesn?t go down too well in the east, but to print allegations of racism against Ki stinks of double standards.

........what about the anti-Irish abuse......

Seems the Laptop Loyal are all over the place??

:)

portobellojambo1

The Perth KKK will be absolutely shaken when they see this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbpOBiXQV94

If the above formed the basis of any complaints by the Japanese Football Federation one really has to ask why. Or, alternately, one has to ask, are Asian monkeys the only animals that scratch their faces (certainly whoever instigated the complaint should be congratulated for determining he was impersonating a monkey, because to say it isn't obvious is a huge understatement). I certainly would never have drawn any conclusions from the content of that video that it had anything to do with racial abuse, it appears to be getting blown way, way, way out of proportion (although he hasn't enamoured himself in any way by then trying to blame it on Scottish football fans).

Patrick Bateman

That's the worst impression of a monkey I've ever seen. I bet he'd be rubbish at pictionary. :teehee:

On the subject of Celtic (don't really want to start a new thread about the horrible feckers), I see that Commons has signed for them.

He is quoted in The Times as saying: "It was too good to turn down. Celtic touch a lot of people in different ways."

:unsure:

portobellojambo1

On the subject of Celtic (don't really want to start a new thread about the horrible feckers), I see that Commons has signed for them.

He is quoted in The Times as saying: "It was too good to turn down. Celtic touch a lot of people in different ways."

:unsure:

At least he is of an age where he only has to think about how they'll touch him in certain ways. :teehee:

Archived