Gas and Electricity suppliers......

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Who do you use? Currently we are paying ?148 month for combined gas and electricity with British gas, i have a neighbour who has the same size of house etc and they are with n:power paying ?90 for same service!

I have had a look at switching and sure enough n:power and EDF energy appear far cheaper, anyone use either of these companies and if so are they ok to deal with?

Who do you use? Currently we are paying ?148 month for combined gas and electricity with British gas, i have a neighbour who has the same size of house etc and they are with n:power paying ?90 for same service!

I have had a look at switching and sure enough n:power and EDF energy appear far cheaper, anyone use either of these companies and if so are they ok to deal with?

Jamie, I handle bills for most of the major suppliers most days and British Gas are more times than not the most expensive for like for like properties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_-9QFvhQWo

Jamie I work for one of the major gas and electricity suppliers and when you're on a price comparison site, some supplier do come up as cheaper as they sponser the price comparison sites so that's why they look cheaper.

Switch man!

I've been with scottish power, EDF and Atlantic (current) over the years. Go with whats cheap, and the site I used (may have been that martins money tips bloke) gave reviews on the companies as well.

Jamie, I handle bills for most of the major suppliers most days and British Gas are more times than not the most expensive for like for like properties.

Sorry Tom but what a load of rubbish -- if you want accurate info ask me rather than post unsubstantiated rumours and pass them as facts -- without checking carefully and comparing exact usage you cannot make that statement.

So PM me if you want the facts and I'll give you the truth and explain tariffs etc but believe me what may have been true years ago is no longer the case today.

Everyone should check their deals at least once every 2 years but make sure you compare like with like otherwise you get skewed information -- for example standing charges -- do you know who has them and who does not ? and what product has st charges and what amount depending upon the area you live in and the supplier ? -- most people do not check in enough detail so please my advice is to check but be careful.

we only have electric in our 1 bedroom flat. flats only 3 years old and has a great heating system with a couple of storage heaters so we have peak and off peak supply. our water also heats up overnight.

still pay it quarterly and our last 4 bills were ?173, ?101, ?110, and ?205. we're with british gas and they seem to be the cheapest in our area

Archived