GTA Vice City

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

A bit of a geeky question this but its bugging me. A mate at work completed this game so I gave him my memory card to save the game at that point. I have got loads of money, houses and weapons. Personally I just like dicking about all the islands and that kind of stuff, not too bothered about the missions. But one thing is bugging me and I dont know the answer because I havent played all the game.

What exactly did the main character do in the game to noise up the Haitians so much. Most other gangs dont really bother you much but as soon as this lot see you, your dead. Being doing a few vigilante police missions and i end up dead every time I go into Little Haiti. What happened?

Just re-read this post and I sound like a right arsehole but I have got mates, honest.

Oopsupsideyerheed

I would take a guess and say it's because of any other gang missions you've done. Their rival gang (?the cubans?) also give you missions as far as I remember. Those missions are mostly based around killing Haitians and thus, the Haitians aren't very impressed with you!

Just a guess

HMFCjamieHMFC

Its being a while since i played it but i think a character named admiral? tells you to go and get some cuban gang clothes and go and atack hatians gang mebers leading to the land value plumiting so admiral? can buy it dirty cheap. You then get misions working for the cubans and the hatians until the hatians find out your working for the cubans.

Did Vice City ever come out for the Xbox? I'd like to play it again before IV is released. It's a fantastic game with an amazing soundtrack.

Did Vice City ever come out for the Xbox? I'd like to play it again before IV is released. It's a fantastic game with an amazing soundtrack.

not sure but i think San Andreas was the first on Xbox? Maybe get it on PC though...

not sure but i think San Andreas was the first on Xbox? Maybe get it on PC though...

They released the GTA3/Vice City double pack. That was out before San Andreas.

They released the GTA3/Vice City double pack. That was out before San Andreas.

Nice one, cheers bud.

jack D and coke
Nice one, cheers bud.

It's the only i never completed and i've been trying to find an XBOX copy for absolutely ages. Seen the double pack once and i wish i'd bought it. Pretty widely accepted as the best one too i believe, doesn't have all that body building rpg keek that san andreas had.

Nobody got one have they?

It's the only i never completed and i've been trying to find an XBOX copy for absolutely ages. Seen the double pack once and i wish i'd bought it. Pretty widely accepted as the best one too i believe, doesn't have all that body building rpg keek that san andreas had.

Nobody got one have they?

Quite a few on ebay, that's where I was looking. I'd imagine they'd still sell them in GAME? Anyway, I'll definitely be getting R6V2 tomorrow, so I'll play some co-op with you next time your on.

jack D and coke
Quite a few on ebay, that's where I was looking. I'd imagine they'd still sell them in GAME? Anyway, I'll definitely be getting R6V2 tomorrow, so I'll play some co-op with you next time your on.

Cool man the co-op's actually quality.

Guest S.U.S.S.
It was

gta_vicecity_XboxBox2006boxart_160w.jpg

Apologies, i meant 360 but defo would not have thought xbox.

Still, learn something every day.

I'll keep an eye out for that now!;)

Completed GTA3 and Vice City...

Only got around to buying San Andreas a year ago because I had a job interview at Rockstar North and felt I should at least play the latest GTA. The job was as a games tester, testing GTA4.

I never got the job :(. Nice office they have though!

Completed GTA3 and Vice City...

Only got around to buying San Andreas a year ago because I had a job interview at Rockstar North and felt I should at least play the latest GTA. The job was as a games tester, testing GTA4.

I never got the job :(. Nice office they have though!

What are the credentials for that?

Or any game to be honest.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Vice City wasn't a game it was a work of art. Seen the screenshots for the new one and apparently its very slick and well made but no humour or energy of VC. Big city games are everywhere on 360/PS3 now they are impossible to tell apart. VC is still, IMHO, the greatest game made for the console, or any computer for that matter.

Also I appreciate markets change but I wish the new one was on PS2. I KNow the thing is just about obselete but i'm not a 360/PS3 owner (yet) but would love to give the old PS2 one more whirl with the new game. Not going to happen though unfortunatly. My PS2 is like an old friend.

SA blew VC out of the water!

Carl went from rags to riches.

The soundtrack is an important factor for me, and Vice City wins that hands down.

You can't beat the 80's :biggrin:

The credentials? You mean the requirements in the job description?

Do The Dance

Credentials?? :confused:

Yep that's what I meant Tane. Same meaning is it not?

In my head, if somebody asks me for my credentials, they're asking for my ID. I got what you meant though :)

The initial application stage was sending in your CV and your "Gaming History". The Gaming History was basically just a covering letter tailored to detail your experience of playing games and your knowledge of them.

After the response from that... The second phase was a questionnaire of technical questions and a request for an evaluation of your favourite GTA game. I wrote about Vice City.

Once I aced the second part (:))... The third phase was the physical interview at their studio. They sat me down with a PSP for the first 20 minutes or so with an early version of Liberty City Stories. They asked me to play it and write down any bugs I saw and then try to evaluate what sort of bugs they were. The rest of the interview was basically just a Q&A about who you are, what you do and what sort of games you like.

Thought I did so well. I've never left an interview feeling so confident. Unfortunately, I got an email about a week later saying that I was unsuccessful. I would have been taking a pay cut in terms of basic salary, but the amount of overtime they offer is immense.

At least I tried I guess...

Archived