celtic tv - a real eye opener

Alfie_Gee

I had the misfortune of watching tonight's match on celtic tv (via streampro). I could not believe what I was hearing! The commentary was the most bias and offensive bile I have ever heard. If someone has recorded it they should put it on youtube - I wonder whether HMFC or the players or the referee might take legal action. Some of the stuff they said about the ref and Black in particular was totally out of order. Did anyone else witness this?

I have never been one of these Celtic or Hibs haters but that has been a real eye opener!

I watched the last time we were there and could not believe the abuse being meted out particularly to Ian Black. Of course it's a biased subscription service for their fans so we shouldn't be surprised, but it's totally classless much like "The Celtic Way". Or am I wrong?

I had the misfortune of watching tonight's match on celtic tv (via streampro). I could not believe what I was hearing! The commentary was the most bias and offensive bile I have ever heard. If someone has recorded it they should put it on youtube - I wonder whether HMFC or the players or the referee might take legal action. Some of the stuff they said about the ref and Black in particular was totally out of order. Did anyone else witness this?

I have never been one of these Celtic or Hibs haters but that has been a real eye opener!

WorldChampions1902

They didn't seem to think too badly of our Uruguayan player though...... :teehee:

LOL. Aye and Obua looks South American (NOT!).

now you know why i hate them!

i was finding myself getting more and more pi55ed off at them,then about 25 minutes in i realised their delusions were hilarious

helped ease the pain of a dreadful performance and certainly lightened my mood that Celtic pay muppets to further perpetuate their paranoid ramblings

I watched the last time we were there and could not believe the abuse being meted out particularly to Ian Black. Of course it's a biased subscription service for their fans so we shouldn't be surprised, but it's totally classless much like "The Celtic Way". Or am I wrong?

Of course it's classless,Scott.I'm surprised people are surprised TBH.

pettigrewsstylist

at one stage they spoke about ref and linesman not fit for purpose for 4 mins and never commentatated at all. i turned off and found a much more amicable arabic commentary option

You mean as in "Well, I think everyone should be aloud to have at least one kick at Ian Black"? Yeah, i heard some of it!

Templeton'sUnderpants

Also had this stream was watching the game with a Celtic supporting mate, even he found their commentary hilarious.

If anyone accuses anyone else on JKB of paranoia, particularly Smeltic type paranoia, then they should be locked up in a room with that commentary for a couple of hours!

You can see where all the skubala comes from! It's endemic, from the lowliest fan right up to the top!

In fact, it's not paranoia! I think it might be encephalitis!!!

Every single decision against them and they were calling the ref and linesmen cheats, it is absolutely pathetic especially hard for Hearts fans who have lived with OF bias for years and years. Id love it if a lawyer was listening to that and had grounds to sue, imagine what they would say to that?!?

I am obviously being a little naive here, fair dos, but I still can't believe they categorically stated that Black was evil and that he deliberately went out to injure players. Surely that is slander? Someone can have that opinion in the pub (with their mates) but you can't be broadcasting stuff like that?!

100% pure shellic mindedness, managed to sit through around 20 minutes of it then went back to the Spanish commentary, horrible terrorist loving mod-edits :verymad:

5017904792a10846580187ml.jpg

the entire celtic football club and associated followers and hangers-on are an utter festering boil on the hairy arsecheek of society. one entire despicable nest of vipers.

nothing is beyond their vile capabilities.

Sydney from Sydney

I turned the sound down. Couldn't believe some of the comments, quote- Ian Black goes out to deliberately hurt fellow professionals and other drivel. The commentators were really cr@p.

These pricks need to be named and shamed for the filth they where spouting tonight

Quote "Everyone deserves aleast one kick at Iain black"

Absaloute toss pots and after the crap Andy gray and Richard keys got into this week you'd think pundits would wise up abit more.

These pricks need to be named and shamed for the filth they where spouting tonight

Absaloute toss pots and after the crap Andy gray and Richard keys got into this week you'd think pundits would wise up abit more.

Now, let's not get too upset about it. It is miles away from what you suggest it is. An idiotic remark by an idiot? I don't care.

Now, let's not get too upset about it. It is miles away from what you suggest it is. An idiotic remark by an idiot? I don't care.

True I got carried away there lol

Former player Jim Craig was one of them.

It was unreal tbh, and if the SFA can hammer Hearts for online content from Vlad on Hearts.tv then how can some of the guff that they spouted tonight be allowed?

I started off listening to this bile, but found another link with English commentator. Couldn't stand the commentary from paranoia TV.

they spent most of the time debating referes decisions that went against them and how did hearts players not get booked etc etc....It's a conspiricy

I truely belive this is why god invented the mute button :thumbsup::whistling:

Good to here everyone's views folks. To be honest I don't mindif they want Celtic to win and say that hearts are rubbish, that's fine, indeed they slagged off Wallace the whole game, but if what they said about black and the ref had been printed in a book or newspaper I think they would end up in court.

Tyrion Lannister

I retreated to Radio Scotland with relief after listening to this bile for about ten minutes, it was honestly that bad.

That former Celtic "legend" was a ******* whopper straight from the top drawer; the commentator sounded embarrassed by his ignorance at times.

Complete fekin roasters the lot of them

No wonder the soap dodging "greatest fans in the world"

Are deluded listening to that pish all game.

Truly awful. In their eyes the Wilson tackle was a 'mistimed challenge' (when he cynically took LW out and should have been dismissed). Black on the other hand committed a deliberate assault and is a player that goes out to 'hurt other players' (the foul was actually a fresh air swipe aimed at the ball that connected with McCourt, who spent the whole game on the ground even when a Hearts player was nowhere near him). I had to switch off after hearing their disgusting comments.

I think it was the same commentators on the link i watched. [mod edit] Unreal like, as initial poster said the most biased commentators i have every heard. Hearts world seems like neutrals compared to these two muppets. They way they talked down about our players was a total disgrace. Celtic players plough into tackles aswell, however no big deal to these two pr*cks!!

I think some of these comments should be outed in a paper or something pretty shocken how they can get away with that.

I watched in my local club via a stream which froze.

After much trial and tribulation we managed to get another stream which had in addition to the title - GIRUY. I reasonably assumed it was a 'tic channel. Listening to some of the charming comments I hope they get royally humped in the League race and that is coming from a point where I thought they were a better team than the Huns. vermin.

I listened the whole time. Unbelievable! Always thought Craig was fairly level headed??? I'm clearly deluded about that!! The comments about offside - "He was never off... the refs useless" "he was off... we'll take it"" sums it up

The serious issue is that the tic fans are paranoid anyway and these nutters just stoked the flames. If hun.tv is as bad these broadcasts need banned. (some hope)

Guest Dipped Flake

Watc hed the 1st half with the celtic tv commentary and at first I was going mad at them. After a while I couldn't help but laugh at them. Their paranoia was truly astounding. Every tackle/shy/corner was met by a tirade of abuse about the ref/linesman/Hearts player. The sfa are out to get them, how can celtic ever compete with such biased refereeing, How are Hearts not down to 2 men etc...It really was an eye-opener. Luckily I found another stream for the 2nd half which was much better (apart from the football I had to watch)

Anyone who gets Hearts World know if our guys are anywhere near as bad??

It was like sitting in the away end right enough, which is bad enough, but I haven't even heard Hibs fans, after a bevvy, this deluded. These guys are, presumably, paid for this.

It was nothing short of incitement to hate and hurt at times. If Hearts TV had carried the same types of commentary then I have no doubt that a swift and heavy fine would be employed - along with a braying press pack calling for the presenters to resign.

Do the SFA even know this is fuelling the fire?

Watc hed the 1st half with the celtic tv commentary and at first I was going mad at them. After a while I couldn't help but laugh at them. Their paranoia was truly astounding. Every tackle/shy/corner was met by a tirade of abuse about the ref/linesman/Hearts player. The sfa are out to get them, how can celtic ever compete with such biased refereeing, How are Hearts not down to 2 men etc...It really was an eye-opener. Luckily I found another stream for the 2nd half which was much better (apart from the football I had to watch)

Never in a million Sundays!!!

Sent this email to SFA, not holding my breath!

I had the misfortune to listen to the commentary of the Celtic v Hearts game tonight on Channel67.net (http://www.channel67...=2011-01-26_hea Jim Craig was co-commentator) and to say I was shocked is an understatement! I expected a Celtic bias commentary, nothing wrong with that. However, what I heard was the most ridiculous and slanderous commentary I have ever heard in my life (63 years old).

What was said about the match officials, and about referees in general was slanderous in the extreme and, you can see the poison that lies deep in their psyche, which has been at the root of recent controversies with the SFA! For around four minutes they never commentated on the game but went on and on about the referee and assistant not being fit for purpose.

Every decision against Celtic was accompanied by extreme ridicule of the officials, and often, again, officials in general, that passed the bounds of acceptability and decency! And this vitriol was being broadcast around the world!

Of course football fans will always see their team as the objects of bad decisions. However, this was a whole different level and what was said about certain Hearts players was shameful and again, slanderous.

For example, ?Every Celtic player should be allowed a kick at Iain Black!? ?He is evil!? And there was plenty more.

I believe that it could well have ventured into illegality! You can?t just say what you want on air if what you?re saying is of this level! This is particularly relevant jut now with the sacking and resignation of two SKY pundits!

I know that this will probably just get ?filed? but I urge you to obtain that commentary and have someone, match official/SFA disciplinary committee, listen to it! If that?s the stuff that?s going out every week, especially abroad, then it is a terrible and totally unbalanced and very damaging representation of Scottish Football!

I had the misfortune to listen to the commentary of the Celtic v Hearts game tonight on Channel67.net (http://www.channel67...=2011-01-26_hea Jim Craig was co-commentator) and to say I was shocked is an understatement! I expected a Celtic bias commentary, nothing wrong with that. However, what I heard was the most ridiculous and slanderous commentary I have ever heard in my life (63 years old).

at was said about the match officials, and about referees in general was slanderous in the extreme and, you can see the poison that lies deep in their psyche, which has been at the root of recent controversies with the SFA! For around four minutes they never commentated on the game but went on and on about the referee and assistant not being fit for purpose.

Every decision against Celtic was accompanied by extreme ridicule of the officials, and often, again, officials in general, that passed the bounds of acceptability and decency! And this vitriol was being broadcast around the world!

Of course football fans will always see their team as the objects of bad decisions. However, this was a whole different level and what was said about certain Hearts players was shameful and again, slanderous.

For example, ?Every Celtic player should be allowed a kick at Iain Black!? ?He is evil!? And there was plenty more.

I believe that it could well have ventured into illegality! You can?t just say what you want on air if what you?re saying is of this level! This is particularly relevant jut now with the sacking and resignation of two SKY pundits!

I know that this will probably just get ?filed? but I urge you to obtain that commentary and have someone, match official/SFA disciplinary committee, listen to it! If that?s the stuff that?s going out every week, especially abroad, then it is a terrible and totally unbalanced and very damaging representation of Scottish Football!

Good on ye. See my post above, which must have been at the same time. Completely agreee

Francis Albert

The thing is, I honestly don't think most Hearts fans would accept the sort of laughably biased pish that Celtic TV spouted. It would be too intellectually demeaning. Hearts TV radio commentary is frustratingly amateurish but is usually if anything more critical of Hearts players than opposition players ... a bit like a Tynecastle crowd in that respect.

What was said about the match officials, and about referees in general was slanderous in the extreme and, you can see the poison that lies deep in their psyche, which has been at the root of recent controversies with the SFA! For around four minutes they never commentated on the game but went on and on about the referee and assistant not being fit for purpose.

well done there, I hope someone takes notice of this and doesn't just go ignored. hopefully other people will write in too and get these careless ignorant idiots what they deserve.

It sounds like a glimpse through a window into a world inhabited by ignorant, bigoted, paranoid, conspiratorial tossers who care little about football or sporting integrity and more about espousing vile sectarian hatred whilst at the same time claiming victim status.

We might have been tanked on the pitch last night, but off it us Hearts fans are miles above this vermin.

Seymour M Hersh

Am I correct in think Craig is, by profession, a dentist? If I am this would indicate a fairly high level of intelligence. However it appears (and I mean for both sides of the ugly coin) no matter how intelligent they are or what profession they may be in when it comes to their horrible institutions they are all just vile sectarian bigots.

Am I correct in think Craig is, by profession, a dentist? If I am this would indicate a fairly high level of intelligence. However it appears (and I mean for both sides of the ugly coin) no matter how intelligent they are or what profession they may be in when it comes to their horrible institutions they are all just vile sectarian bigots.

A very good post which may open a can of worms regarding the intelligence of vocal fans at football(and not only the old firm!)

Archived