The OFFICIAL melt-down thread.

jambo191

Who wants to start?

EDIT - Have fun venting the frustration boys, il be returning to kickback on saturday once the meltdown has finished.

I hope this is a joke, honestly we aren't Hibs supporters, we're about lose one game after going 11 games unbeaten in the league, solidifying 3rd place, not overly upset.

I hope this is a joke, honestly we aren't Hibs supporters, we're about lose one game after going 11 games unbeaten in the league, solidifying 3rd place, not overly upset.

Mate i'm heading to bed after this game, then not reading kickback until the storm has calmed. I for one am dissapointed in our effort tonight, but it was always going to be a tough ask. Pick our selfs up for saturday and get on with it.

This board will be a riot tonight though.

we have shown tonight and against rangers that we CLEARLY have not got enough going for us, yes we have been on an amazing run, but it's times like these that show what you're made of! and as we've seen tonight, we have piss poor attacking options when kyle is out, once again there's been not ONE shot that has troubled the oppositions keeper, get the finger out and bring in some proper exciting talent. Yes temps and co have showed real quality but it's not enough to have about 3 players to count on... get rid of all the dead weight - obua, glen, possibly craig thompson/jason thompson - and draft in some out and out goal scorers, we have done exceptionally to get here considering the start of the season and here it is slipping away. We need driver back, kyle back, templeton back on form, skacel back on form, stephen elliott to get onto the score sheet more frequently AND we need to bring in an exciting attacking centre midfielder! If you take a step back, although we're much improved from previous years, we lack that danger. When celtic and rangers get on the ball, it's always a nervy time. It always seems as though a goal may be coming, with us, we pass it about a bit, then lob the ball up field and HOPE someone will bring it down or beat the offside trap. RUBBISH!

We have now lost 2 games v Celtic and won 1, with 1 game to go. No disaster

We have lost 1 game v Rangers and won 1, with 2 to go. No disaster

We have the best away record in the league (ratio of wins to games).

We are missing Kyle, Driver, a fit Skacel etc.

We have a relatively easy run of games coming up, Celtic have a brutal run of 7 games.

Rangers have nobody in the top 10 goal scorers in the SPL

There is much to be thankful for. If we win against St J and avoid defeat against the Gers then we are right back in the hunt. We can't afford to lose focus like we did in 98. Celtic and Rangers dropped points all over the place and we weren't there to pick up the pieces.

We got gubbed, happens, will happen again some day.

We're having a great season

Move on

JennytheJambo

We deserved to get beat if we didn't try. I thought at least we could have at least kept the scoreline down. We hopefully can bounce back again?

I blame the manager for not being 'Hearts Minded' enough. The recent run of results have been poor IMO.

Also think Romanov has a lot to answer for. Its all very well struggling to compete with the Old Firm now, but we would be COASTING to the SPL title should Burley still be in charge.

Gary Locke - not a proper Hearts man IMO.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This thread has turned out to be the opposite of the meltdown, must be elsewhere.

I'm of this ilk. Yes, tonights was dire.

But it happens. We just need to make sure that we can pick ourselves up for Sat. A win on Saturday, and we can kick on again from there. Theres a long way to go in this season, and you don't win as many as we did in a row on luck alone. There's enough there to beat every SPL team outwith the Old Firm, and the next time we play the Old Firm, we need to change things up.

I can guarentee that Rangers won't put 4 past us at Ibrox. I PROMISE you that.

Disappointing night. Not a disappointing season.

We have a relatively easy run of games coming up, Celtic have a brutal run of 7 games.

There is much to be thankful for. If we win against St J and avoid defeat against the Gers then we are right back in the hunt. We can't afford to lose focus like we did in 98. Celtic and Rangers dropped points all over the place and we weren't there to pick up the pieces.

I like this post

contribute more often chief :thumbsup:

1 game in 14 cant complain just shows us what we have to be like if we are wanting to push for 2nd or 1st at a real push....Never mind back up and running on saturday..

Clearly playing crap tonight - disappointing to lose such a stern test, but by such a margin is not good.

However, this has been coming and is not a disaster in itself. JJ needs to ensure we gub St Johnstone at the weekend and, more importantly IMHO, as a result of a really good performance - or some of the players may let their heads go down.

Our points tally is astounding this season and we need to ensure that we get as many points as possible 'til the split - that will secure third place early and perhaps get us within reach of the uglies for a tilt at second / first IF we go on another strong run.

Either way, we are going to see what the players are really made of over the next few weeks. That will shape this season and give JJ (and us) a glimpse of whether we can improve for next year.

Clearly playing crap tonight - disappointing to lose such a stern test, but by such a margin is not good.

However, this has been coming and is not a disaster in itself. JJ needs to ensure we gub St Johnstone at the weekend and, more importantly IMHO, as a result of a really good performance - or some of the players may let their heads go down.

Our points tally is astounding this season and we need to ensure that we get as many points as possible 'til the split - that will secure third place early and perhaps get us within reach of the uglies for a tilt at second / first IF we go on another strong run.

Either way, we are going to see what the players are really made of over the next few weeks. That will shape this season and give JJ (and us) a glimpse of whether we can improve for next year.

Celtic is a very hard place to go too.. We never expect to get anything in Glasgow and lets not forget the fantastic run we've been on.. OK, we get beat tonight, then we start again. We pick ourselves up and dust ourselves down and bring on St Johnstone.. This league is not over by a long shot! We won't win it, we never were gonna win it but we will have a massive say on where it will end up.

ToadKiller Dog

To me its simple we have had 3 impact players during our best Run ,Kyle got injured as did Rudi ,Temps seems to haverun out of steam . All that happened at the same time but we have still ground out results but tonight was a step to far . It might not be the best smelly team ever but they have lots of goals in them .

Loads of games left lets get 3rd secured asap and then we can play stress free football and see where we end up .

I just hope we don't blow 3rd place.

No chance of that. Surely Jim will have them focused on this now.

1 game in 14 cant complain just shows us what we have to be like if we are wanting to push for 2nd or 1st at a real push....Never mind back up and running on saturday..

Agreed.

Pahh who would have thought we could all take defeat so well. Maybe I won't need to stay of KB for a few days after all! :thumbsup:

Bring on St johnstpish!

Wake up pal FFS !!

Dreadful night, very sluggish from the start and lacked creativity. A easy win for Celtic. That's the thing that bugs me most, I hate teams getting a easy ride against us and we've given Celtic just that. We made them look awesome tonight and they are mlies from that.

Jefferies got the tactic's wrong tonight, the 3 up-front idea works when Kyle is playing and Skacel & Templeton are playing well. We have none of that just now and yet we persisted. Credit to Celtic though (Grudgingly) as their tactics worked well, give Hearts no time on the ball and capitalised on some shocking error's.

I thought Jonsson was awful, especially with the first goal just watching Forrest shift his feet about, just not tight enough. Kello should have done better with the second as the finish was quite central, might have done better with the first. A very very poor showing from all concerned. A game like this has been coming so hopefully it's out of our system.

Wake up pal FFS !!

Just let me know which part of my post wasn't fact and I'll do as you say and wake up. Thanks.

Jam Tarts 1874

The sad fact is that Jefferies is not a good enough manager or tactician to win the league.

We have been pretty awful since humping Aberdeen, perhaps some of the players have been believing the hype.

The stats from this evening's game are truly embarrassing, no attempts of any kind at goal. Someone in the management team is going to have to work very hard to keep the season going.

3rd's always been the target, and look on the bright side, no champions league qualifier to worry about. We've got more chance in the uefa cup.

Ach chin up folks! We win our next 2 games, we will be 2nd!

(albeit with a few more games played than Rangers).

The sad fact is that Jefferies is not a good enough manager or tactician to win the league.

We have been pretty awful since humping Aberdeen, perhaps some of the players have been believing the hype.

The stats from this evening's game are truly embarrassing, no attempts of any kind at goal. Someone in the management team is going to have to work very hard to keep the season going.

Unbelievable!

You must be on the wind up!!!!

i don't get this crap that comes out of folk after the season we're having.!!give yourself a shake pal :rolleyes:

Ah geez, i take the 'taking defeat well' part of my previous post back.

This comment is just nonsense.

I aint puttin up with guff like this, goodnight!

Dreadful night, very sluggish from the start and lacked creativity. A easy win for Celtic. That's the thing that bugs me most, I hate teams getting a easy ride against us and we've given Celtic just that. We made them look awesome tonight and they are mlies from that.

Jefferies got the tactic's wrong tonight, the 3 up-front idea works when Kyle is playing and Skacel & Templeton are playing well. We have none of that just now and yet we persisted. Credit to Celtic though (Grudgingly) as their tactics worked well, give Hearts no time on the ball and capitalised on some shocking error's.

I thought Jonsson was awful, especially with the first goal just watching Forrest shift his feet about, just not tight enough. Kello should have done better with the second as the finish was quite central, might have done better with the first. A very very poor showing from all concerned. A game like this has been coming so hopefully it's out of our system.

This. JJ got his tactics wrong on saturday and again tonight. 4-3-3 only works with Kyle. We should've gone 442 tonight, Stevenson up front just doesnt work. JJ has many good qualities but tactics aint one of them.

Hearts lose at Parkhead shockeroony.

Mon tae ****, it's disappointing, but nothing more.

Back onto winning ways this weekend.

i don't get this crap that comes out of folk after the season we're having.!!give yourself a shake pal :rolleyes:

People are naturally disappointed that we have been shown up as a busted flush regarding the League.

We all thought or hoped we would mount a serious challenge, after all look at the season we are having?

So in reflection, we should have been able to go to sellik and put up a decent performance bearing in mind aberdeen only got beat by one goal on saturday!

To get gubbed in the manner we did has shattered our dreams well and truly.

In further reflection we have one shot on target in each of our last 2 games against our biggest rivals.

We were lucky to beat Kilmarnock and prior to that we have been knocked out the cup by lowly st johnston again without a serious shot on target,

What was that you were saying about the season we are having?, it looks a lot much like the last few years to me!

cardboardcutout

i dont get the chance to go to many games to see the team in the flesh so correct me if i am wrong here but it seems to me that since kk got injured prior to the cup game we havent played well! we have managed by hook or by crook to get results but generally we have dipped!

driver will be like a new player whenever he's fit but i still feel we are missing a paul hartley type midfielder, maybe bryson is the man? temps has fell back as teams play him better and bouzid in general is average imo, pace will always exploit a full back who hasnt got it so i feel sorry for eggert and i think wallace beside zally in the middle with palaz back to left back with a fit driver in the team will give us a better team than we have at present and sell some of the guys who must know they are never going to play much!

Aye it's looking doubtful now, however it always was a long shot anyway. We just have to pick ourselves up and need to go on another run to get us back in the mix. I still think we could be us little as 10 pts away from whoever takes the league. I don't think we're entirely out of it yet though and won't until its impossible.

We are a stick on for third and the Hibs bassas look like going down so we'll still have something to cheer about. :thumbsup:

not long back from the game and would have to say im totally deflated. by the result, obviously, but more so by our insipid performance.

for me, nobody gets pass marks tonight. i missed the first goal as i was trying to get parked but seen it on the big screen at half time. kello was fantastic on Saturday but he shouldn't be beaten at his near post like he was.

their second goal was a bit tasty but why were our defenders boots nailed to the pitch? did any of them bother to jump?

the defence was all over the place for the third which prompted my exit and subsequently heard the soap from the ground which signalled the fourth as we were heading for the car.

the only plus point tonight was our support which was outstanding. particularly liked 'you only came for the ball boys' and 'you only sing when your beasting'.

as i said go another thread you need to take points in Glasgow to stand a chance of being go the mix at the end of the season, unfortunately, this team don't have the steel or guile to do that. the cup defeat to st. johnstone feels a lot more painful tonight as i believe the best we'll finish this season is third.

our aspirations for the league were extinguished without a whimper tonight and that is difficult to swallow after our outstanding run over the .sr eleven games.

Archived