Richard Keys on Talksport now

Goldstone Wonder

Andy Gray was sacked because he is suing the notw, end of story. He has been royally stitched up by a huge (corrupt IMO) media emipre.

The furore over this would be hilarious if not for my hatred of Murdoch and all he stands for.

Anyone who thinks that these off the record conversations were not put into the public domain to punish Gray for daring to go against Murdoch probably believes in fairies.

As for the actual comments; just typical lads behaviour. Much, much worse can be heard when a bunch of women get together

It may well be lads behaviour but, and I can't believe this is needed to be said again, they did it at work, in front of witnesses and it was being recorded on both occasions, the new evidence being sleazy remarks towards a co-presenter who could very easily have been very offended by what he was suggesting.

The first part of your story is probably right BUT what he did is worthy of disciplinary action in any job.

Gordon Ramsay

Did you read the link in Borthers post to the article in the New Statesman?

Oh, and asking a female colleague to tuck your mic in, down the front of your trousers is sexual harrassment.

Say a bloke at your work started making suggestive and sexually provacative remarks to you at work you would no doubt join in with it as it's just "banter"?

I had a gay guy at work a couple of years ago, he said silly stuff like that all the time. I played along, it didn't bother me, its called a joke. I haven't read the article yet no but it would seem I am being attacked for having an opinion which differs from the rest. I'm out of this debate, cheers.

I had a gay guy at work a couple of years ago, he said silly stuff like that all the time. I played along, it didn't bother me, its called a joke. I haven't read the article yet no but it would seem I am being attacked for having an opinion which differs from the rest. I'm out of this debate, cheers.

Attacked?! :woot:

Attacked?! :woot:

Takes offence easily, apparently. Clearly couldnt see us pointing out the gaping holes in his logic was just a joke.

I thought the anti-PC brigade were all about hating it when people got easily offended?

Gordon Ramsay

Takes offence easily, apparently. Clearly couldnt see us pointing out the gaping holes in his logic was just a joke.

Actually the only reason I'm on Kickback now and debating this is because I'm doing everything I can to avoid doing my dissertation for Uni. I'm more of a procrastinator than an offence taker to be honest. If I sat here all day debating, I'd never get any work done, plus the fact I don't seem to be getting anywhere with my argument isn't helping!

Actually the only reason I'm on Kickback now and debating this is because I'm doing everything I can to avoid doing my dissertation for Uni. I'm more of a procrastinator than an offence taker to be honest. If I sat here all day debating, I'd never get any work done, plus the fact I don't seem to be getting anywhere with my argument isn't helping!

Perhaps you need to revisit your argument then and see where you can do better or provide evidence that backs up your point? Think of it as a practice for your dissertation! :thumbsup:

Interesting.

I've never really associated Shreeves as part of a trio with Keys and Gray.

Makes sense though, like the other two he does my head in. He must ask the worst questions ever when interviewing managers/players pre/post match. It's embarrassing.

Pretty clear that Gray had to go for the sexual harassment imo. Also, I don't understand this private conversation stuff - if I had a conversation like those in the workplace, and someone overheard or complained, I would expect to be in trouble for it.

I'd suggest passive comments between one mate and another is not comparable to acts of blatant racism. I knew things were worse back then with regards to racism but I'm talking offence and things such as ofcom, somehthing which people can phone up because they have been 'offended' by a TV show, give me a break, change the channel if you don't like it. Its constantly in the media these days and if people can keep complaining about being offended by anything, where does it stop? Total nonsense, strap a set of balls on and get on with your lives.

Like I said. "PC gone mad" is a statement used by the ignorant to hide their own prejudices. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you need to revisit your argument then and see where you can do better or provide evidence that backs up your point? Think of it as a practice for your dissertation! :thumbsup:

:rofl:

:thumbsup:

kingantti1874

Did you read the link in Borthers post to the article in the New Statesman?

Oh, and asking a female colleague to tuck your mic in, down the front of your trousers is sexual harrassment.

Say a bloke at your work started making suggestive and sexually provacative remarks to you at work you would no doubt join in with it as it's just "banter"?

From the clip you have absolutely no sense of the context the phrase was made within, what happened before or after.. Is flirting in the work place banned? Conversations / jokes happen every single day and 99.99999 % are not designed to cause offence and could never be taken as harassment..

Andy Gray was sacked because he is suing the notw, end of story. He has been royally stitched up by a huge (corrupt IMO) media emipre.

The furore over this would be hilarious if not for my hatred of Murdoch and all he stands for.

Anyone who thinks that these off the record conversations were not put into the public domain to punish Gray for daring to go against Murdoch probably believes in fairies.

As for the actual comments; just typical lads behaviour. Much, much worse can be heard when a bunch of women get together

Wonder what Tommy Sheridan makes of all this!!!

Sterling Archer

From the clip you have absolutely no sense of the context the phrase was made within, what happened before or after.. Is flirting in the work place banned? Conversations / jokes happen every single day and 99.99999 % are not designed to cause offence and could never be taken as harassment..

That's where you're wrong. If someone in your company heard this and complained you would almost definitely be disciplined about it.

Gordon Ramsay

Haha, well played sir.

I still think society has gone mad though!

What exactly did this fellow say to you?

kingantti1874

That's where you're wrong. If someone in your company heard this and complained you would almost definitely be disciplined about it.

So is flirting banned and hearing snippets of conversation the law? Why would someone complain about someone having a conversation that had nothing to do with them.

How would the PC brigade respond if Charlotte had asked Andy Gray to tuck her mike into her trousers?

I know how I would respond if Charlotte asked me to stick my hand down her trousers.

Sterling Archer

So is flirting banned and hearing snippets of conversation the law? Why would someone complain about someone having a conversation that had nothing to do with them.

I totally understand what you mean, believe me. It doesn't mean that you couldn't get disciplined for it if someone took an issue with it. The fact is that for many common people this isn't an issue, when you're a major public figure you just can't do things like that.

kingantti1874

I know how I would respond if Charlotte asked me to stick my hand down her trousers.

Obviously you report her for harassment ;-)

Gordon Ramsay

What exactly did this fellow say to you?

He said many thing on multiple occasions. He asked me to put his tie on once and he seemed to enjoy it rather a lot. I didn't see it as sexual harrassment at the time but everyone on heres got me paranoid, maybe I should of got him sacked!

I'd imagine flirting changes quite quickly to harrassment if it is unwanted and was what Andy Gray was asking Charlotte Jackson to do.

And if the conversation they overheard happened to be offensive towards them then I'd imagine they would have every reason to complain and the people involved in the conversation would be disciplined for it.

kingantti1874

I totally understand what you mean, believe me. It doesn't mean that you couldn't get disciplined for it if someone took an issue with it. The fact is that for many common people this isn't an issue, when you're a major public figure you just can't do things like that.

Fair point RICO - I don't like Andy Gray, he's a tosser but I'm not sure you can hang, draw and quarter him for this one.

Gordon Ramsay

Fair point RICO - I don't like Andy Gray, he's a tosser but I'm not sure you can hang, draw and quarter him for this one.

My point exactly. He is a total bellend but this has gone way too far. Should never have been sacked.

kingantti1874

I'd imagine flirting changes quite quickly to harrassment if it is unwanted and was what Andy Gray was asking Charlotte Jackson to do

Absolutely agree, but I don't think this has been suggested as being the case though unless Ive misse something

Obviously you report her for harassment ;-)

For such clearly inappropriate behaviour I would have little option but to follow such a course of action. Unless of course she would allow me to administer some sort of corporal punishment...give her a jolly good spanking perhaps.

Bring back the good old days that's what I say.

He said many thing on multiple occasions. He asked me to put his tie on once and he seemed to enjoy it rather a lot. I didn't see it as sexual harrassment at the time but everyone on heres got me paranoid, maybe I should of got him sacked!

He probably replayed you putting his tie on over and over again in his mind while he indulged in some after work Michael hutchence type auto erotic asphyxiation action when he got home. Nothing to worry about IMO.

Seymour M Hersh

He's a disingenuous, smarmy, squirming little worm. Karma for presenting pish like TV-AM has been long, long overdue. :angry:

Beat you for the job did he SL? :whistling:

Archived