Oops-a-daisy!

Seats

Whats the worst "mistake" you have ever made at work? I just had a flashback to when I first started and the office had its own email system. I accidently sent a message without putting in a recipient which went to everyone in the office. It actually shut down the office computers for 3,000 people for 3 hours!

Why did I have this flashback? Because a couple of months ago we decided to send an "email bulletin" to all the clients and potential clients on our database. Unfortunately, one of the recipients was away and had an automatic "out of office" reply set up. When this reply came in it went to everyone on the database - including the same person, which then sent another one and create an endless loop. This happened on a Friday afternoon and our IT guy was away clubbing and he was with out server administrator and we couldn't stop it. Most of our clients are of the older generation and never knew how to block us. We sent them over 800 emails each. People with blackberries spent the entire weekend deleting emails! When we stopped it there were 2million messages in the server about to go! :rolleyes:

What ******-ups have you made?

Archived