Chuckled yesterday (NHC)

Julio

when the so called experts at Stamford Bridge started chanting you don't know what your doing and Jose Mourinho after AG replaced Ballack and Makelele with Belletti and Anelka. At this point the Gunner were one nil up. Then DD scored a wonderful double and everything in the garden was rosey again. :mw_rolleyes:

He got lucky.

If Frail put on Jose for Ruben and Nade for Kingston, we would be like wtf is he doing too

Guest GhostHunter
He got lucky.

If Fraile put no Jose for Ruben and Nade for Kingston, we would be like wtf is he doing too

If I could understand that post, I'd be like, wtf is he on about.

:P

I was listening to Talk Sport just after JM was sacked, one of the Chelsea faithful came on and said " Ive been supporting this club for ages and this is the treatment I get, I dont no if I'll be back" when questioned how long he had been a fan for he said "4 years"!!!

So in response to your point there are a lot of Chelsea and to be honest modern corporate fans who are a bit fair weather and don't know too much about the beautiful game other than how much champers and prawn sannys they can empty on a Saturday afternoon.

Now AG is no JM but the guy has been given absolutely no chance at all and if he gets it right like he did on Sunday then its a fluke, if it all goes Pete Tong then he doesn't know what he's doing.

If only we had someone who didn't know what he was doing to the extent of AG.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
He got lucky.

If Fraile put no Jose for Ruben and Nade for Kingston, we would be like wtf is he doing too

I think AG was correct in the subs he made.

Makelele will NEVER win you a game, his replacement Belletti is a very attacking right back who will get forward and create chances.

Ballack (who has been pretty good recently) had been given 75 minutes but wasn't really doing too much. Anelka is a great sub to bring on with 10-15 mins to go to run at tiring centre halfs.

Chelsea fans are stupid *****!!!!

Makelele will NEVER win you a game, his replacement Belletti is a very attacking right back who will get forward and create chances.

Ballack (who has been pretty good recently) had been given 75 minutes but wasn't really doing too much. Anelka is a great sub to bring on with 10-15 mins to go to run at tiring centre halfs.

If you look at his recent escapades though, he doesnt exactly infuse you with confidence.

AG was proved correct yesterday. A great finish to the game. :)

Paulandshark
AG was proved correct yesterday. A great finish to the game. :)

Fair play to Chelski yesterday, deserved the points in the end.

shaun.lawson
I was listening to Talk Sport just after JM was sacked, one of the Chelsea faithful came on and said " Ive been supporting this club for ages and this is the treatment I get, I dont no if I'll be back" when questioned how long he had been a fan for he said "4 years"!!!

So in response to your point there are a lot of Chelsea and to be honest modern corporate fans who are a bit fair weather and don't know too much about the beautiful game other than how much champers and prawn sannys they can empty on a Saturday afternoon.

Now AG is no JM but the guy has been given absolutely no chance at all and if he gets it right like he did on Sunday then its a fluke, if it all goes Pete Tong then he doesn't know what he's doing.

If only we had someone who didn't know what he was doing to the extent of AG.

Some of us suspect this may have something to do with the fact that he's Jewish, and that the effluent tendency among the Chelsea support therefore believe he belongs at White Hart Lane. Your thoughts, Julio et al?

Some of us suspect this may have something to do with the fact that he's Jewish, and that the effluent tendency among the Chelsea support therefore believe he belongs at White Hart Lane. Your thoughts, Julio et al?

This sort of stuff is beneath you shaun. Really, it is.

Just after AG got given the job, the Chelsea fans were singing 'We Hate Spurs' or something like that at the next game.

They weren't even playing Spurs though....

Shaun I already said well played AG yesterday. Your point is pretty contemptable. :mw_rolleyes:

Fair play to Chelski yesterday, deserved the points in the end.

The team who wanted it more won. Gallas GIRFUY. ;)

shaun.lawson
This sort of stuff is beneath you shaun. Really, it is.

In what sense? I'm only talking about a minority of Chelsea fans here - but you should've seen some of the CFC messageboards after he'd been appointed. Why else would they have been singing about Spurs shortly afterwards, as CCP has pointed out? And did just I imagine the reported death threats against him?

loveofthegame
He got lucky.

If Frail put on Jose for Ruben and Nade for Kingston, we would be like wtf is he doing too

Hmmmm, comparing Nade and Jose with Anelka and Belletti....

Graham Thomson

i think Chelsea fans just typified the thick punter, some of who have not got a scooby about the game, apart from what the Sun, or internet forums, tell them what to think, well done A G

In what sense? I'm only talking about a minority of Chelsea fans here - but you should've seen some of the CFC messageboards after he'd been appointed. Why else would they been singing about Spurs shortly afterwards, as CCP has pointed out? And did just I imagine the reported death threats against him?

Mourinho = winner.

Grant = loser. And a backstabber who used his relationship with the owner to remove said winner from his job.

That's it in black and white. Don't take my word for it though, I've only supported Chelsea since 1976.

Bindy Badgy

How old did this fan sound?

Just after AG got given the job, the Chelsea fans were singing 'We Hate Spurs' or something like that at the next game.

They weren't even playing Spurs though....

We sing similar things about Hibs when we aren't playing them.

We sing similar things about Hibs when we aren't playing them.

Chelsea dont usually sing that though...

Bindy Badgy

Fair enough. I'm not up on what English fans sing.

Apart from that song Liverpool fans sing about Torres. I love that song:o

MacDonald Jardine

Are you sure?

Chelsea see Spurs as they're most hated rivals.

shaun.lawson
Mourinho = winner.

Grant = loser. And a backstabber who used his relationship with the owner to remove said winner from his job.

That's it in black and white. Don't take my word for it though, I've only supported Chelsea since 1976.

Of course, all this is part of it - though don't you think Mourinho's fast deteriorating relationship with Abramovich, the role played by Frank Arnesen, and the slide in Chelsea's form from early April until JM's departure had something to do with his exit too? But it still seems very odd that a number of Chelsea fans have seemed dead against Grant right from the very start: he's had no benefit of the doubt at all, it seems to me.

In any case, I specifically used the term 'effluent tendency' because I was referring to the minority moronic element that Chelsea have always had a problem with. As you've been a fan since 1976, you'll know all about the Headhunters, the Chelsea smile, and you'll probably know of the links that used to exist between the National Front, Combat 18 and the lunatic fringe at Stamford Bridge. Why else do you reckon there's this weird relationship between some Chelsea and Rangers fans?

These people haven't just gone away, you know: and is it really a stretch to think that fascists and Nazis would be anti-semitic, and therefore utterly against the idea of an Israeli Jew being in charge of the club? Incidentally, I have no beef with Chelsea FC as a whole: they're very unfortunate to be followed by a lunatic element, have done nothing to encourage these idiots at all, and I even had a soft spot for the club at some point in the mid-90s (between around '93 and '98, to be exact). My beef is with the skinheads, nutcases and assorted trash: just as it is with similar baboons who follow Rangers, Millwall, Leeds, Cardiff or Stoke, among others.

Finally, on Grant: I've been tipping Chelsea to win the Champions League since before a ball was kicked this season, and still am. Your draw is excellent, and finally securing RA's holy grail in Moscow has a certain ring to it too. Just because Grant's in charge rather than Mourinho hasn't altered my stance one bit - and if it happened, you could hardly refer to him as a 'loser' any longer, could you? Indeed, Grant could yet be for Chelsea what Dave Mackay was for Derby: given the unenviable task of taking over from a lauded, almost messianic figure, but still able to deliver the title shortly afterwards.

Are you sure?

Chelsea see Spurs as they're most hated rivals.

I went to a Chelsea game once and they never sang it anyway

MacDonald Jardine
Of course, all this is part of it - though don't you think Mourinho's fast deteriorating relationship with Abramovich, the role played by Frank Arnesen, and the slide in Chelsea's form from early April until JM's departure had something to do with his exit too? But it still seems very odd that a number of Chelsea fans have seemed dead against Grant right from the very start: he's had no benefit of the doubt at all, it seems to me.

In any case, I specifically used the term 'effluent tendency' because I was referring to the minority moronic element that Chelsea have always had a problem with. As you've been a fan since 1976, you'll know all about the Headhunters, the Chelsea smile, and you'll probably know of the links that used to exist between the National Front, Combat 18 and the lunatic fringe at Stamford Bridge. Why else do you reckon there's this weird relationship between some Chelsea and Rangers fans?

These people haven't just gone away, you know: and is it really a stretch to think that fascists and Nazis would be anti-semitic, and therefore utterly against the idea of an Israeli Jew being in charge of the club? Incidentally, I have no beef with Chelsea FC as a whole: they're very unfortunate to be followed by a lunatic element, have done nothing to encourage these idiots at all, and I even had a soft spot for the club at some point in the mid-90s (between around '93 and '98, to be exact). My beef is with the skinheads, nutcases and assorted trash: just as it is with similar baboons who follow Rangers, Millwall, Leeds, Cardiff or Stoke, among others.

Finally, on Grant: I've been tipping Chelsea to win the Champions League since before a ball was kicked this season, and still am. Your draw is excellent, and finally securing RA's holy grail in Moscow has a certain ring to it too. Just because Grant's in charge rather than Mourinho hasn't altered my stance one bit - and if it happened, you could hardly refer to him as a 'loser' any longer, could you? Indeed, Grant could yet be for Chelsea what Dave Mackay was for Derby: given the unenviable task of taking over from a lauded, almost messianic figure, but still able to deliver the title shortly afterwards.

There might be a couple of idiots but most even of the "effluent tendency" just want to see a winning team.

What it boils down to is that they loved Mourinho. It's not dissimilar to some on here with Burley.

IF they objected so strongly to a jew being connected with the club would they not be protesting constantly to get Abramovich out?

shaun, i admire your posts normally. But this doesn't give you a free pass to generalise and tag Chelsea FC as the only team in England with a dodgy element to their support. And these days most of the dodgy element have been priced out anyway. You should try the New Den if you haven't been there recently.

I've seen dodginess / nastiness at every football league ground in London. And I've even seen Stan Collymore racially abused by Oxford fans at the old Oxford ground (shortly before he lobbed the Oxford keeper from 40-yards).

You hate Chelsea. Fair enough. Don't try and legitimise your hatred by lying about the club and it's fans. You're not a complete idiot after all.

shaun.lawson
There might be a couple of idiots but most even of the "effluent tendency" just want to see a winning team.

What it boils down to is that they loved Mourinho. It's not dissimilar to some on here with Burley.

IF they objected so strongly to a jew being connected with the club would they not be protesting constantly to get Abramovich out?

A very fair point. But then, some of the worst racism you see overseas often comes from fans who direct their filth at opposing players, but have no problem at all with black footballers playing for their side! It's all nonsense, basically - but I think a similar parallel may well apply here. Frankly, the kind of people capable of directing this sort of abuse, be it racist or anti-semitic, are too thick to be able to see the contradiction that you've pointed out.

shaun.lawson
shaun, i admire your posts normally. But this doesn't give you a free pass to generalise and tag Chelsea FC as the only team in England with a dodgy element to their support. And these days most of the dodgy element have been priced out anyway. You should try the New Den if you haven't been there recently.

I've seen dodginess / nastiness at every football league ground in London. And I've even seen Stan Collymore racially abused by Oxford fans at the old Oxford ground (shortly before he lobbed the Oxford keeper from 40-yards).

You hate Chelsea. Fair enough. Don't try and legitimise your hatred by lying about the club and it's fans. You're not a complete idiot after all.

Hang on. I specifically said that I had no beef with Chelsea (I don't), and pointed out several other clubs with significant problem elements. So how on earth have you reached such a conclusion in your last paragraph?

'Every football league ground in London'? You've seen nastiness at Charlton then, I take it?! Or Crystal Palace? Or Watford? Or Fulham? Or QPR? Or Brentford? Or Barnet? Don't get me wrong: I know Millwall is on a different planet of hatred, and will never go there to watch Norwich so long as I live. But I did watch Norwich at the Bridge last season. It was my first visit there for a number of years, and overall, I was pleased how well we played, and really liked how intimate the stadium was too.

I also took a Chelsea-following mate along: the ticket I got for him was in the Matthew Harding Lower, IIRC. He's Moslem - and even though there were others quite near him who were plainly tourists rather than football fans, the looks and constant mutterings he got throughout the game made him feel very uncomfortable. Remember, this was a routine FA Cup tie, Chelsea had much bigger fish to fry in the CL and Carling Cup Final the following week, so most of the home crowd took the opportunity to have a snooze throughout the match - yet still he detected this reaction. What might've happened to him had it been a big game against, say, Arsenal, Spurs or West Ham?

Hang on. I specifically said that I had no beef with Chelsea (I don't), and pointed out several other clubs with significant problem elements. So how on earth have you reached such a conclusion in your last paragraph?

'Every football league ground in London'? You've seen nastiness at Charlton then, I take it?! Or Crystal Palace? Or Watford? Or Fulham? Or QPR? Or Brentford? Or Barnet? Don't get me wrong: I know Millwall is on a different planet of hatred, and will never go there to watch Norwich so long as I live. But I did watch Norwich at the Bridge last season. It was my first visit there for a number of years, and overall, I was pleased how well we played, and really liked how intimate the stadium was too.

I also took a Chelsea-following mate along: the ticket I got for him was in the Matthew Harding Lower, IIRC. He's Moslem - and even though there were others quite near him who were plainly tourists rather than football fans, the looks and constant mutterings he got throughout the game made him feel very uncomfortable. Remember, this was a routine FA Cup tie, Chelsea had much bigger fish to fry in the CL and Carling Cup Final the following week, so most of the home crowd took the opportunity to have a snooze throughout the match - yet still he detected this reaction. What might've happened to him had it been a big game against, say, Arsenal, Spurs or West Ham?

Charlton - yes. In the pub on the way back to the station near the flats. Nice flats by the way. Not dissimilar to Sighthill.

Crystal Palace -yes. Also when Palace played my team away. Absolutely tattifilarious in this case as a Palace fan started on me thinking I was some local yokel and got "what for".

Watford - yes. To be fair town centre after the match.

Fulham - yes.

Or QPR - are you kidding? You don't have to go far round there for a fight.

Or Brentford - I ****ing hate Brentford. Think they're big fish because they come from Ealing. I suggest Brentford - Southend and you'll see what I mean.

Or Barnet - not really.

The best ones are when you play a non-league side away or home if they bring a big support, e.g. Halesowen Town about 15 years ago. Aylesbury away in the cup was an experience too.

MacDonald Jardine
A very fair point. But then, some of the worst racism you see overseas often comes from fans who direct their filth at opposing players, but have no problem at all with black footballers playing for their side! It's all nonsense, basically - but I think a similar parallel may well apply here. Frankly, the kind of people capable of directing this sort of abuse, be it racist or anti-semitic, are too thick to be able to see the contradiction that you've pointed out.

You're right: there are double standards.

But the usual thing is for these people to ignore the characteristics of people from their team.

Had Mourinho been Jewish for example I don't think it would have been an issue.

shaun.lawson
Charlton - yes. In the pub on the way back to the station near the flats. Nice flats by the way. Not dissimilar to Sighthill.

Crystal Palace -yes. Also when Palace played my team away. Absolutely tattifilarious in this case as a Palace fan started on me thinking I was some local yokel and got "what for".

Watford - yes. To be fair town centre after the match.

Fulham - yes.

Or QPR - are you kidding? You don't have to go far round there for a fight.

Or Brentford - I ****ing hate Brentford. Think they're big fish because they come from Ealing. I suggest Brentford - Southend and you'll see what I mean.

Or Barnet - not really.

The best ones are when you play a non-league side away or home if they bring a big support, e.g. Halesowen Town about 15 years ago. Aylesbury away in the cup was an experience too.

Blimey. Was that all with Chelsea, by the way? My perspective's probably skewed by the fact that Norwich are so laughably inoffensive, no-one ever wants to have a pop at us (well - except Ipswich and Wolves fans, that is).

Archived