Out with a whimper....

Erik

If there's one phrase that sums up Hearts over the last couple of season's, I think that "out with a whimper" is fairly accurate.

Out with a whimper describes the manner in which our European / CL dreams ended.

Out with a whimper describes the way in which our Cup Campaigns have ended.

Out with a whimper describes pretty much every single draw / loss in the league over the course of the last two seasons.

I really cant remember the last time I saw a Hearts team with a bit of fight about them. We are gutless.

Other teams go behind and raise their game accordingly. Other teams get put in compramising situations and change their tactics accordingly. Other teams acknowledge that you must win the "must win" games. Other teams reach Europe and even when they get put out, at least they get put out fighting. Other teams raise their game in the cup matches.

We on the other hand bow out with a whimper every single time. Be it in Europe against AEK Athens, in the Scottish against Motherwell, in the CIS Rangers, the Heated Edinburgh Derbies or against the might of Falkirk and St Mirren..... its the same old story.

If there's one phrase that sums up Hearts over the last couple of season's, I think that "out with a whimper" is fairly accurate.

Out with a whimper describes the manner in which our European / CL dreams ended.

Out with a whimper describes the way in which our Cup Campaigns have ended.

Out with a whimper describes pretty much every single draw / loss in the league over the course of the last two seasons.

I really cant remember the last time I saw a Hearts team with a bit of fight about them. We are gutless.

Other teams go behind and raise their game accordingly. Other teams get put in compramising situations and change their tactics accordingly. Other teams acknowledge that you must win the "must win" games. Other teams reach Europe and even when they get put out, at least they get put out fighting. Other teams raise their game in the cup matches.

We on the other hand bow out with a whimper every single time. Be it in Europe against AEK Athens, in the Scottish against Motherwell, in the CIS Rangers, the Heated Edinburgh Derbies or against the might of Falkirk and St Mirren..... its the same old story.

Yip m8 spot on

One way around it would be to start docking wages for losses.

Increase the win bonus to compensate.

Then we'd maybe see some bloody effort.

Add to my list - going to Rugby Park with a European spot up for grabs at the end of the season.

Again..... same old story - out with a whimper (even if it did end up being out our hands - our performance that day was a disgrace).

Archived