Next Weeks Game

Julio

Do we really want to beat United on Saturday? Who truly cares if we finish top six or not? Would prefer to help the Arabs secure third spot and European football and the expense of the lochend hoofers. :)

The Comedian
Do we really want to beat United on Saturday? Who truly cares if we finish top six or not? Would prefer to help the Arabs secure third spot and European football and the expense of the lochend hoofers. :)

I do. I'd rather not lower myself to hobo levels wishing your own team to lose to destroy your rivals chances of something.

I do. I'd rather not lower myself to hobo levels wishing your own team to lose to destroy your rivals chances of something.

HHJ how can we lower ourselves any further this season. I mean bottom six is dire given the squad we have. :mw_rolleyes:

The Comedian
HHJ how can we lower ourselves any further this season. I mean bottom six is dire given the squad we have. :mw_rolleyes:

We can lower ourselves by wishing our own team lose to feck Hibs up. Not for me mate...

Buffalo Bill

I hope we win, Julio but I can see Utd taking three or four off us.

If Hibs qualify for Europe then it's because they are the best of a bad bunch (going months without a win) but fair play to them if they do it.

Buffalo Bill

I almost agree with you in a way Julio.

Part of me would rather play the likes of Killie and ICT as at least we might not get pumped off them like we would against the OF or maybe even the vermin.

And if losing to United hurts the hobos then c'est la vie.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I want to see HMFC win every game they play. I remember when this was suggested a few seasons ago when we met the sheep on the last day and a 5-0 defeat would have knocked h**s out of 3rd. The idea of the sheep beating us 5-0 turned my stomach, even though it would have stopped them qualifying.

That said, it shouldn't take much effort on their part for United to beat us, which is a sad indictment of our club at present.

I hope we win, Julio but I can see Utd taking three or four off us.

If Hibs qualify for Europe then it's because they are the best of a bad bunch (going months without a win) but fair play to them if they do it.

Buffalo Bill

BB the Arabs have been a much better team this season than Mixus hoofers. They are much more deserving of the UEFA spot. Heres hoping they get it. Hope we all give CL and MDV a warm welocme home on Saturday. :)

chester copperpot

Just like most of our defeats that I've witnessed this season, if we lose next week then I wont shed too many tears or get upset.

Would really like United to qualify for Europe at the expense of the Ho Ho Hobo's, however to want hearts to lose at the expense of Hibs, thats a bit OF in its thinking is it no.

Just like most of our defeats that I've witnessed this season, if we lose next week then I wont shed too many tears or get upset.

Would really like United to qualify for Europe at the expense of the Ho Ho Hobo's, however to want hearts to lose at the expense of Hibs, thats a bit OF in its thinking is it no.

Sad to say this season seeing the Hobos lose has almost given me as much pleasure as seeing us win. Truly despise that shower. :cool:

I want Hearts to win.

If they dont.... will i actually be bothered?? Doubt it to be honest.

Expect another gutless performance from another gutless team with more gutless tactics.

chester copperpot
Sad to say this season seeing the Hobos lose has almost given me as much pleasure as seeing us win. Truly despise that shower. :cool:

Agree with that sentiment. :)

portobellojambo1

I think even Hibs fans will realise that if we lose on Saturday it is not because we have engineered it in such a way, as a means of helping Dundee United. We will lose because we are simply not good enough to compete with teams like Dundee United at the moment.

I bumped into a colleague from work when I came out of Merchiston Hearts on Saturday night, a Hibs fan, and he said to me "it looks like you are not going to make the top 6 then". I think he thought I would lose the rag by his comments but I actually answered as follows, "the way we are playing at the moment we don't even deserve to be in the bottom 6, never mind the top 6".

I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell of us beating united. The team on Saturday gave a performance that quite clearly indicated to me that they are resigned to a bottom six finish. Not only that but ALL the lithuanians and several of the other players knew that they would not be at Tynecastle next year and gave a performance that reflected that.

Buffalo Bill
BB the Arabs have been a much better team this season than Mixus hoofers. They are much more deserving of the UEFA spot. Heres hoping they get it. Hope we all give CL and MDV a warm welocme home on Saturday. :)

True, and the same could be said of Motherwell.

But if Hibs finish third then they will have deserved it.

You can get lucky in a cup, but the league doesn't lie.

On on similar point, I think Hibs were a much better team two years ago, but so were we, and perhaps Killie.

The standard of footbal in the SPHell is shocking just now. And it would be (something) of an embarrasment if Hiborenian FC finished third (but that doesn't mean they wouldn't deserve it).

Buffalo Bill

I bumped into a colleague from work when I came out of Merchiston Hearts on Saturday night, a Hibs fan, and he said to me "it looks like you are not going to make the top 6 then". I think he thought I would lose the rag by his comments but I actually answered as follows, "the way we are playing at the moment we don't even deserve to be in the bottom 6, never mind the top 6".

You should have hooked him anyway PJ, for trying to be a smart :whoops:

Jambof3tornado

With absolutely nothing to play for(forget Frail we can still make top 6),all I want from the team is an improved performance. I know half the players wont be there next season and who the heck knows who will be managing the team,but some desire and fight would be good,and I dont mean Miko getting a red card for barging someone over.

Saturday was embarassing for me as a fan and I hope that some of the players felt the same,they let themselves down,they let the club down,they let all the fans down(as they have done regularly this season).

A couple of youngsters coming in wouldnt go amiss. With Driver and Chesney both missing may be time to try another youngster out on the wing,you never know they may play with some heart and cheer us all up.

So having rambled on for a bit,YES I do want us to win against the Arabs,just like I want us to win every game.We are exactly where we deserve to be in the league which is a disgrace given the players(and wages) that we have at our disposal,but I want hearts to finish as high up the table as we can.

Paulandshark

Presuming the 10 goals in 3 games Utd have scored against you, you were trying....could lying down not make it a cricket score? :P

Presuming the 10 goals in 3 games Utd have scored against you, you were trying....could lying down not make it a cricket score? :P

Lying down.......a bit like the dog licence we inflicted on you on Friday on the links..........:P

willie wallace

We will beat Utd and then down to Killie for a possible top six spot.Not exactly exciting stuff but i would rather be in there playing in games that mean something.Maybe stop Rangers or Celtic winning the league or Hibs qualifying for Europe.I know its not ideal but still think we should aim for highest position we can and do not want to see Gretna or St.Mirren again this season.

We will beat Utd and then down to Killie for a possible top six spot.Not exactly exciting stuff but i would rather be in there playing in games that mean something.Maybe stop Rangers or Celtic winning the league or Hibs qualifying for Europe.I know its not ideal but still think we should aim for highest position we can and do not want to see Gretna or St.Mirren again this season.

Remember what happened the last time we went down to Killie with "all to play for" at the end of last season..... out with a whimper...... again.

Paulandshark
Lying down.......a bit like the dog licence we inflicted on you on Friday on the links..........:P

Don't change the subject!

Anyway, it was your playing partner who was the strong arm....You would have been as well playing with Timmy Mallet's Mallet! ;)

Don't change the subject!

Anyway, it was your playing partner who was the strong arm....You would have been as well playing with Timmy Mallet's Mallet! ;)

What a clown.........digging a deeper hole for yourself.......my playing partner said he would have hated to be playing against me on Friday.......your tee shot on 18 will live long in the memory...........:);)

willie wallace
Remember what happened the last time we went down to Killie with "all to play for" at the end of last season..... out with a whimper...... again.

Thought i would leave that part out.Trying to be positive today[its not easy]

Thought i would leave that part out.Trying to be positive today[its not easy]

WW its really difficult to be positive these days..........we are a poor excuse of a team......with a clown in charge in the dugout...........:(

Archived