Jim Duffy, Y'Know, I Mean

maroonedinoz

maroonedinoz

Do Setanta go for the most inarticulate analysts possible?

During tongiht's 'Full SPL" Jim Duffy in his less than two minute summation of the Aberdeen v St Mirren game uttered the phrase "y'know" 7 times followed closely by "I mean" 4 times.

Surely somewhere in Scotland there is an ex footballer who can string a few words together a bit better than Duff Jimmy.

Also, Setanta put the caption up when introducing him as "former Hearts Director of Football"...and this may technically be true as he was given this title during Rix's time, but how long exactly was he 'Director of Football' before getting found out.

6 weeks, 7 weeks?

Seymour M Hersh

Scottish footballers either current or ex and the word articulate are imo virtually 100% mutually exclusive.:107years:

More annoyed that I stayed up, and they never showed the most important highlight of the game. Nor did they mention it in the summary. Had their keeper been sent off and a foul given I think the outcome would have been different. I know we were crap, but Falkirk down to 10, would have reduced their mid field and MAYBE we would have taken control.

I've usually found JD to be ok as a summariser :confused:

Maybe it's just the TV cameras that cause some people to get a bit tongue tied :P

Craig Brewster used to be like this - i forget what his words of choice for repitition were though.

Archived