celebrating with fans

bigis semiauskas

bigis semiauskas

Bit harsh on the West Ham striker getting second yellow and sent off v Everton costing them a win,

Kyle v Hubs and Stevenson on Saturday,dont think they got yellows although perhaps pushed towards fans when rest of the players jump on their backs.

crap rule

VITM..

Bit harsh on the West Ham striker getting second yellow and sent off v Everton costing them a win,

Kyle v Hubs and Stevenson on Saturday,dont think they got yellows although perhaps pushed towards fans when rest of the players jump on their backs.

crap rule

VITM..

Kyle was booked against Hibs for doing exactly that.

Kyle was booked, stevo wasnt booked as he didnt go into the fans, I think a fan or 2 jumped on the pitch, not sure exactly!

crap rule

VITM..

pinalla was sent off for looking at the fans at Aberdeen !

The rule is in place, the guy jumped over the boards to go into the crowd, the ref had no choice to sent him off ! i don't really agree with it, but it is there for a reason.

Kyle for me was unlucky because he was celebrating along the touchline, having just scored one of biggest goals of his caeer and Skacel jumped onto his back which seemed to nudge him off the pitch and towards the fans.

Of course in Scottish Football, celebration is frowned upon.

Are we certain that Kyle's booking was reported by the ref?

I saw the yellow card being flashed but, is it possible having seen the incident after the game, the ref may not have reported it?

I've tried to find confirmation of the booking and can't. Anyone help with a definite link, i.e. other than just giving their opinion?

Are we certain that Kyle's booking was reported by the ref?

I saw the yellow card being flashed but, is it possible having seen the incident after the game, the ref may not have reported it?

I've tried to find confirmation of the booking and can't. Anyone help with a definite link, i.e. other than just giving their opinion?

There you are Colin:

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s12_1_1&workingDate=2011-1-1

There you are Colin:

http://www.scotprem....ngDate=2011-1-1

Thanks for that!

I tried their site after the game and, it must have been delayed 'cause all the staff were at the Uglies Derby the next day and with time to recover from the long weekend at David Murray's after the game!

I asked John Rowbottom about players getting booked for celebration with their own fans, ie. Kyle v Hibs. He said that they are not allowed to leave the pitch for health and safety reasons...the safety of the fans as they surge forward towards the players. I think it's a FIFA directive and there's not a lot the ref's can do about it, silly rule it is.

Lynn :ninja:

I asked John Rowbottom about players getting booked for celebration with their own fans, ie. Kyle v Hibs. He said that they are not allowed to leave the pitch for health and safety reasons...the safety of the fans as they surge forward towards the players. I think it's a FIFA directive and there's not a lot the ref's can do about it, silly rule it is.

Lynn :ninja:

Certainly didn't do Gary Glen's health or safety any good when he left the pitch on saturday, courtesy of David Weir!

Certainly didn't do Gary Glen's health or safety any good when he left the pitch on saturday, courtesy of David Weir!

Yet another incident where Gandalf gets away with murder. Barging Glen off the pitch with no intention of going towards the ball, needlessly barges Elliott in the back trying to recover the ball & his constant berating of the ref go completely unpunished. Meanwhile, the ref goes bananas at Skacel after the incident between him & the boaby-snapper.

Re: the celebrations - stupid rule, especially when momentum and /or other players take you into the crowd but the rules are there for a reason. So long as they are applied consistently, nobody can complain.

Archived