Dundee V Hearts League Cup Quarters 1994

dannymack

Just to bring you back down to earth i have for the first time now witnessed the "defending" errors from Hearts in this game, i was on holiday at the time so obviously i missed the game.

OUCH !!!!!

Just to bring you back down to earth i have for the first time now witnessed the "defending" errors from Hearts in this game, i was on holiday at the time so obviously i missed the game.

OUCH !!!!!

erm, peebles??

seriosuly though, cheers for posting that, was a game i'd always wondered about having never seen it.

no chance u'd get even half that many people or passion for the same fixture now. a real shame.

Drylaw Hearts

That was ouch ok. We wis there, and as I recall Henry Smith took a penalty and......

I recall several players showing a distinct lack of bottle which led to Henry having to take a PK much earlier than he ever should have.

In fact....

Was that not H's last start for Hearts ?

erm, peebles??

seriosuly though, cheers for posting that, was a game i'd always wondered about having never seen it.

no chance u'd get even half that many people or passion for the same fixture now. a real shame.

I left for Hols on the Sunday before the game and the Supporters bus i travelled on at the time was full.

I also remember being gutted at missing the game due to my confidence that Hearts would go on to win the cup that year.

1995 NOT 1994

FLORIDA :whistling:

Why?

I'm sure Jeffries had stated he was looking to clear out some of the old guard and the dead wood.

He signed the big tall French bloke a few weeks later but i'm sure Craig Nelson filled the sticks for that short time.

I'm sure Jeffries had stated he was looking to clear out some of the old guard and the dead wood.

He signed the big tall French bloke a few weeks later but i'm sure Craig Nelson filled the sticks for that short time.

I know that mate. I was asking why you posted a video of this game? I was there and seeing it first time round was bad enough.

That was nothing new for Henry Smith. He constantly tried to play football and messed it up every time. I hated him at the time. Never a legend in my book. Workhorse yes, legend nope.

That was nothing new for Henry Smith. He constantly tried to play football and messed it up every time. I hated him at the time. Never a legend in my book. Workhorse yes, legend nope.

Henry was a very, very good goalkeeper.

I have had the pleasure of playing in the same team as him on a few occasions (although not for a good 10 years now) and he was still agile, and an OUTSTANDING shot stopper well into his 40s. Good bloke too.

Johanes de Silentio

Harsh - tremendous 'keeper!

Cracking game but not really one I enjoyed. Strange to think this tie took place within ten years of another Dens Park disappointment.

Yet this game also came a wee bit too soon for the Jefferies era to kick in.

1995/96 went to to be a good season. The first seeds of May 1998 were sown around this time.

that game was a real rollercoaster. I remember the Hearts end going deathly silent as Henry came up to take the penalty, I think we all knew he'd miss it. :( it was still kind of funny though, after a few days of moping around.

I know that mate. I was asking why you posted a video of this game? I was there and seeing it first time round was bad enough.

Why ? the three lettered question with so many answers.

I was on the assumption you were talking about Henry's last game.

I posted it because i was trawling through You Tube and came accross Dundee winning the League Championship in 1962 and the user had the Hearts game as part of his video collection, i had heard and read so much about the game at the time, Hearts fans still go on about that game to this day, i had never ever seen footage of the game to this day so i thought surely the pain is over now and just remind Hearts fans how frustrating our beloved can be.

Next i'll try and get footage of the 0-7 game :ermm:

Say What Again

I recall several players showing a distinct lack of bottle which led to Henry having to take a PK much earlier than he ever should have.

Gary MacKay.

I felt sorry for Willie Jamieson that day. Thought he came on and did a decent job, but then he also missed a penalty (I think - can't view the video at work to refresh my pickled mind).

We nearly left for the boozer at 0-2 but decided to stay.

That was a bad night all round for me. Went through on the bus with a Hobo mate who proceeded to drop my weed (I was 18) down the toilet on the bus :angry:

I was at this game even more reasons to hate Dundee

I remember a young Neil McCann and Morten Weighorst tearing us apart.

Also Willie Jameison and Henry smith missing penalties

So this was perhaps the game where Jefferies decided Smith had to go and he wanted Hamilton and McCann in the Hearts team?

Heretic.

Smith was a fantastic servant to the club, but also had the ability to back up his hard work. Streets ahead of any of his rivals for the No1 jersey, imo.

Craig Nelson proved to be rubbish and don't get me started on Nicky "Nae Hands" Walker! :yucky:

Say What Again
Morten Weighorst tearing us apart.

Yep.

Didn't he score a cracker that night? Top corner from the edge of the box?

Drylaw Hearts

Any team that included an ageing Neil Berry, Brian Hamilton, David Hagen and David Winnie did well to score 4 goals imo.

Just how the hell did JJ manage to get Falkirk to take Berry, Hamilton, Hagen as well as Craig Nelson ??

:blink:

Any team that included an ageing Neil Berry, Brian Hamilton, David Hagen and David Winnie did well to score 4 goals imo.

Just how the hell did JJ manage to get Falkirk to take Berry, Hamilton, Hagen as well as Craig Nelson ??

:blink:

And we got Steve Fulton and David Weir.

Charlie-Brown

I think that Allan Lawrence was one of the bottle merchants who meant Henry had to take a penalty. :angry:

Yes iam sure if Robbie hadn't had school the following morning he could have taken one and spared Henry's blushes....quite a few of the more established players shyed away from taking pens iirc. :)

Archived