Our turnaround under Jefferies

Robbo27_22

A lot was made of JJ's return.

Some opposed, some undecided, some in favour.

Ever since, his contribution has been under the microscope. JKB's majority have been extremely happy to jump on him and the team at the drop of a hat - disgisting stuff imo but I won't delve too deeply into that.

I'd rather look at it as a whole. Lot's of questions were asked of him on his return.

1) Will he sign guys who will improve the team? Tick

2) Will we be harder to beat? Tick

3) Will he be able to rejuvenate our football? Tick

4) Will we score more goals than under Lazzzzzzzlo? Tick

5) Will we put in a challenge at the top? Tick

His only failure so far has been that we whimpered out of the cups when we should have been progressing. Something I can happily forgive if we continue to push forward in the league.

I really hope he's around for years to come.

Ever since, his contribution has been under the microscope. JKB's majority have been extremely happy to jump on him and the team at the drop of a hat - disgisting stuff imo but I won't delve too deeply into that.

I'd rather look at it as a whole. Lot's of questions were asked of him on his return.

His only failure so far has been that we whimpered out of the cups when we should have been progressing. Something I can happily forgive if we continue to push forward in the league.

Although of course the reality would have been a lot more complicated (for off field reasons as much as anything else), I can't help but wonder: what might Hearts have achieved had the legend himself simply remained in situ throughout the last decade? It's such a perfect fit - and he was never the same away from here. His Heart just isn't in anything that doesn't involve managing this great club.

rudi must stay

Although of course the reality would have been a lot more complicated (for off field reasons as much as anything else), I can't help but wonder: what might Hearts have achieved had the legend himself simply remained in situ throughout the last decade? It's such a perfect fit - and he was never the same away from here. His Heart just isn't in anything that doesn't involve managing this great club.

what about Killie? He was manager there for about 8 years, and actually did quite a good job there IMO.

what about Killie? He was manager there for about 8 years, and actually did quite a good job there IMO.

Sure he did. But something quite palpable was missing. For large parts of his time there, especially towards the end, I thought he lacked drive, even motivation at times. Whereas he's on record as saying he feels 20 years younger now he's back managing his heroes.

You can't bottle the passion Jim Jefferies has for this club, and it rubs off on everyone. Long may he reign. :thumbsup:

Giving it their best shot is all I ask of a Hearts management team and squad.

Jim, Billy and Gary are perfect for me.

One of the best things they've done is finally rid the club of the dressing room cliques.

rudi must stay

Sure he did. But something quite palpable was missing. For large parts of his time there, especially towards the end, I thought he lacked drive, even motivation at times. Whereas he's on record as saying he feels 20 years younger now he's back managing his heroes.

You can't bottle the passion Jim Jefferies has for this club, and it rubs off on everyone. Long may he reign. :thumbsup:

it was just a case of him being there too long. Wouldn't have mattered where he was, he was always going to lose his drive. But I do agree, whatever he's doing at the moment is working well :thumbsup:

I was wrong. Changing our formation to the way some clubs in Germany play has been his best decision. :thumbsup:

Some of the urine I said too deserves a facepalm. :vrface:

Charles Mann deserves a bit of credit for planting the JJ seed in VR's head.

Not a particularly pleasant image, but who's to say it didn't happen assuming Vlad was prepared to pay enough.

Craig Herbertson

Hearts man: committed, cunning, knowledgeable, passionate, even knows what its like to win.

I wouldn't blame him for a cup defeat. can happen to the best teams. It's a one off game. The biggest thing for me has been the team spirit. It's absolutely clear that Jim knows how to motivate players and make them think like a football team.

If I was being hyper critical of JJ, then I would suggest his record against the OF in Glasgow could be a bit better(and to a lesser extent at Tynecastle)it was the same during his time at Killie where I don't think he had a single win in the Weedge ?

Frankenstein Jambo.

And what is the point of this thread? We can all see for ourselves how well JJ and the background team have done in changing this clubs fortunes. We don't need a thread pointing out the glaringly obvious.

I was in the "MEH" catagory when JJ came in and I am happy to concede how wrong I was. I was also one who didn't get overly excited about the Rudi signing but that has proved to be a great peice of buisness.

Another thing the management team have sorted out, which seems to have been overlooked is the discipline. It has made a major difference in that no suspensions as yet, or daft sending offs. If, at the end of this season we win nothing we are still, far and away a better team than we were 12 months ago. That'll do for me just now.

JJ has so far exceeded any expectations I had of him.

I did not think he would get certain players playing like they did - Suso being the stand-out change.

I did not think he could get the team playing as well as they did.

I did not expect him to be able to change games with subs as well as he has done (previously he was shocking at it)

JJ Has done a great job and if you contrast his tick boxes with CC Over at fester road

1. Has he signed anyone to improve there team Nope so a big Tick there for CC :whistling:

2. Are they harder to beat than when bingo was in charge Nope another Tick for CC

3. Has he rejuvinated and galvanised the team Nope Tick

4. Have they scored more goals since CC Took over Nope Tick

5. Will he get them relegated Probably another Tick :thumbsup:

I Really hope he is around for years to come as well :lol::lol:

Archived