Temps

Drewjambobusby

Drewjambobusby

How do you think JJ will be getting the wee man firing on all cylinders again ? He`s had a couple of indifferent games, but that has to be expected of a young lad. No doubt he is an integral part of our best team and vital he is on fire, in the wide open spaces of Darkheed.

So what will do it for the wee man ? Simply a "Never mind son, get back on the horse an rip them a new one" ? or something else ?

What wid you say to fire him up ?

What wid you say to fire him up ?

"Driver's nearly fit and you'll be on loan at Raith before long if you dont get your arse in gear "

Maybe not then

Seriously. I think he needs a rest. We cant afford to rest him until Driver is 100% match fit though.

He's going through a wee flat spell. I'm sure JJ understands. He'll be back to his best before long. Good players do that.

Drewjambobusby

"Driver's nearly fit and you'll be on loan at Raith before long if you dont get your arse in gear "

Maybe not then

Na. Get yer coat

Drewjambobusby

Maybe not then

Seriously. I think he needs a rest. We cant afford to rest him until Driver is 100% match fit though.

He's going through a wee flat spell. I'm sure JJ understands. He'll be back to his best before long. Good players do that.

Apologies for some reason i didn`t pick up the 2nd part of your post on this works computer. Yeah I hope your right. Maybe does need a rest. Don`t know what anybody else thought but i was trying to figure out if he was moving freely yesterday and if he was carrying an injury ? Didn`t look like that when he skipped past Whittaker early on but for the rest of the game didn`t look like he was moving like he normally does. May have been down to heavy park though.

He'll be fine. He just needs a goal to kickstart him at the moment.

The problem is the hype, every team try to stifle him and if Skacel isn't playing, it is particularly easy for opposition teams to double up on him.

Not worried about him in the slightest and he would still be on my team sheet.

Drylaw Hearts

The guy has real talent but for the last few weeks he's been trying to do too much and quite often in the wrong areas.

JJ needs to have a quiet word in shell as we need Temps back to his November/December form asap.

The wee fella was just making the wrong choices yesterday but that will come with experience.

If JJ plays him on Wednesday I think he will love the big park at Parkhead and hopefully get back to his best - he could destroy that Celtic defence.

Drewjambobusby

Good points above. I actually think that Big Kyle brings him into the game with holding the ball up and Temps missed him yesterday. We all did. JJ mentioned the fact in after match comments that there were times yesterday when we played balls in (although not too often) expecting Kev to be there only for them to realise he wasn`t playing.

Sure he will be fine and i think a great chance for him to shine wednesday as i genuinely think if he is firing he will get straight at them and cause problems.

He came in when no other teams were aware of his talents and ripped them new ones. Now that he has been hyped up and teams know what he's capable of, they are doubling up on him or in Rangers case at one point in the 2nd half, going with 3/4 men on him.

This is a vital part of his development. He now has to learn how to deal with this.

If temps won't get rested until drivers fit, he'll be playing solid for the next couple of years!

No need to worry about temps. It's simple, teams realise his threat and are now marking him tighter and also doubling up on him. Ok it means that he won't get as many goals and assists however, the close attention paid to temps will create more space for our other attackers and midfielders. After a couple of quiet games, skacel and elliot will be watched more closely again, this is when temps will start shining again. No need 2 worry about temps, he's still doing the job he's meant to be doing which is giving the opposition something to think about.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The thing is with Temps, he has lifted expectations amongst us and everyone else of his ability. What I liked about him yesterday was that he wasn't afraid to have a go and take people on. What I didn't like was that he didn't mix it up and play a simple pass to keep play flowing. By trying to take the man on and beat him everytime, we ended up in some awkward positions from counter-attacks.

All JJ needs to say about Wednesday is that it is a big pitch and there is room to run at them. Just by doing that will force them to defend that bit deeper and allow us more room to play in.

Templeton'sUnderpants

As others have said its simply that teams are now doubling up on him, when we have no other attacking threat on the field (Skacel, Eliott) they can afford to do this and it makes our whole team look stinking. When we do have other attacking threats he is still an effective player as he is drawing men away from others who can then create.

Not really anything you can say to the lad, he is going to have to work through it himself or hope that people forget about him whilst they keep him quiet. Essentially Temps needs to work on either his pace, dribbling or distribution even more to ensure that he can go past 2 defenders or can pick out the right pass when closed down as such.

Temps is still young and his form will dip from time to time. However, he is now being heavily marked and thus takes opposition players away from our other players. In addition, Suso being back will give us other wide options.

all JJ needs to do is remind temps that suso and driver are fit again and will be trying to take his place in the team thats the reason why temps did so well in the first place as he knew if he slipped up someone could potentially take his place there for good.

all JJ needs to do is remind temps that suso and driver are fit again and will be trying to take his place in the team thats the reason why temps did so well in the first place as he knew if he slipped up someone could potentially take his place there for good.

Along the lines of what I said earlier........I was joking though !!!

I don't get the calls for Driver to replace Temps. Different types of player IMO.

Driver can only beat a man on the outside because he's unbelievably one footed, whereas Temps has proven he can beat a man inside and outside (yep, that reads weird!). Add to the mix that Driver can't cross for toffee.

I rate Driver highly, but he was always the stand out in a piss poor first team and I think we've moved on from those days. I forget he exists until he's mentioned on here! I feel for the lad, as he's one of the good guys, but he's earned more praise sitting on the physio table than has actually been credited for on the pitch.

That said, hope he comes back and challenges strongly for a place. However, certainly not a first pick for me at the moment, even if fully fit.

The thing is with Temps, he has lifted expectations amongst us and everyone else of his ability. What I liked about him yesterday was that he wasn't afraid to have a go and take people on. What I didn't like was that he didn't mix it up and play a simple pass to keep play flowing. By trying to take the man on and beat him everytime, we ended up in some awkward positions from counter-attacks.

All JJ needs to say about Wednesday is that it is a big pitch and there is room to run at them. Just by doing that will force them to defend that bit deeper and allow us more room to play in.

The part about it being a big park may well be just what he needs as a few mazy runs or one on ones are just what he needs

I don't get the calls for Driver to replace Temps. Different types of player IMO.

Driver can only beat a man on the outside because he's unbelievably one footed, whereas Temps has proven he can beat a man inside and outside (yep, that reads weird!). Add to the mix that Driver can't cross for toffee.

I rate Driver highly, but he was always the stand out in a piss poor first team and I think we've moved on from those days. I forget he exists until he's mentioned on here! I feel for the lad, as he's one of the good guys, but he's earned more praise sitting on the physio table than has actually been credited for on the pitch.

That said, hope he comes back and challenges strongly for a place. However, certainly not a first pick for me at the moment, even if fully fit.

While Temps is clearly very comfortable with the ball on either foot, to suggest Driver is "unbelievably one-footed" is nonesense. The are both very different players but you do Driver a massive disservice with your summary of him.

Hearts of Vladland

While Temps is clearly very comfortable with the ball on either foot, to suggest Driver is "unbelievably one-footed" is nonesense. The are both very different players but you do Driver a massive disservice with your summary of him.

Is that two right footed cross from him from 1.10? but he is one footed? Him and Elliott will be great Andy and him burning the pace getting away from defences and set each other up.

JJ could always tell him buck up or its robbo and methil for you :whistling:

Hes had a great season. In recent years hearts wingers have done well at darkheid both driver and suso have had great games there. It might be the prefect game for Temps to hit top form, the big pitch and a more attack minded celtic at home might just leave things a bit more open at the back and suit his game.

Is that two right footed cross from him from 1.10? but he is one footed? Him and Elliott will be great Andy and him burning the pace getting away from defences and set each other up.

I love when that video get's posted, never tire of watching it.

First it was Driver can't cross, then it's that he can't shoot and now it's that he's one footed, all of which this video prove's is bull.

Nelly Terraces

Don't worry about the wee fella, he'll be fine. Mr Jeffries will take care of him no sweat. Actually think Wed night's game will suit him more, the mhanks will be on the offensive giving us, and Temps, more space in which to play, plus the timothys defence is gash and he could run amok v them.

We're gonna win on Wed night, 3 - 1 methinks.

I don't think JJ will need to say anything specific to Temps. Temps has always come across as a pretty level headed kid, so he'll know what is required.

Temps biggest problem just now is that he is trying too hard. He needs to learn that sometimes a simple ball is the best ball. That comes with experience.

I have no doubt the wee fella will start at the Tattie Bowl on Wednesday night and given Lennon and his orks something to think about.

johnny the jambo

all wingers are the same... good days,bad days. just keep your head up and the form will cme back. even in his prime ryan giggs was only effective for about one in three games but he never stopped doing the things he was best at. the 1 thing i would say is he needs to pass it more and look to give and go as that can open defences just as well as beating 5 men.keep it up wee man :thumbsup:

Footballfirst

I don't think he is playing as badly as some folk are making out. Obviously expectations are high given what he has shown this season, but he isn't going to be able to waltz past defenders every time he gets the ball, as we don't play Hibs every week. It's his decision making that needs to improve. i.e. when he is double teamed, pass it more often than not, or if he is one on one then try to take the guy on. I thought his control and first touch of chipped or long balls were superb yesterday. I'm always disappointed to see him going off because he has that spark of genius that can give us something special and make a difference in a tight match.

Temps will be fine. He's just going through a wee lull just now.

His skinning of Whittaker at one point in the first half showed his class.

Next time he'll do that in a dangerous position and a goal will come from it.

Easy

I think the same as what fired him up last time, suso replacing him for a short period. If I remember, he was second pick before the Hibs game but Suso got injured. Suso playing well got Temps fired up and he had to take his chance. So I wouldnt be surprised to see Suso feature more.

I really hope we get to see Temps and Driver either side of Kyle this season. I can see both of them providing the big man with some good service. Temps crossing from the right to kyle with Driver coming in from the wing to tuck in any over-hit crosses would have a lot of mileage. I can also see them switching wings so that they can both cut in and shoot on their respective good feet.

Seymour M Hersh

I don't think there is a lot wrong wth him. early in the match he totally did Whittaker on the touchline. He's not tired imo (nence no need for a rest) but getting double and triple teamed and just needs to learn when to take them on and when to pass to a team-mate. JJ, BB and Lockie will coach that into him.

Needs a rest and we need a consistant performer to help the team when Temps is recharging his batteries.

Come in Mr Driver. Can'r wait to see him back and fit!

The Wallace/Driver partnership is the best show in town, can't wait to see him back. :thumbsup:

glenn quagmire

Temps took a sore one at Killie when Eremenko done him just above his knee and struggled most of the game because of it.

He was a doubt yesterday. He got a knock on it yesteday after about 25 minutes. I noticed him holding it and after that I thought his movement wasn't the same as normal.

I thought the team should have been trying to get him on the ball more rather than playing high diagonal balls to him and Elliott, these balls don't work when kyle isn't there.

Diadora Van Basten

I think Temps just needs to simplify his game and look for the easy ball and keep possesion.

He defo should start on Wed.

Temps has been shite for the last few matches and won't make it. :rolleyes:

I can't wait until he's injured so I can slag him more. :thumbsup:

I think Temps just needs to simplify his game and look for the easy ball and keep possesion.

He defo should start on Wed.

You are right.

He is trying to do too much and his head is going down because it's not coming off. Pass it a bit more and the odd dribble and his confidence should come back.

I wouldn't get too overly concerned by this wee lull from him.

Temps has been shite for the last few matches and won't make it. :rolleyes:

I can't wait until he's injured so I can slag him more. :thumbsup:

Can't believe this thread about Temps. The boy has been magnificent this season and allowed us all to forget about Driver this season. The wide open spaces at Parkhead will be just up his street and looking forward to him giving that Mark Wilson a torrid time on Wednesday night.

As for Driver, where are you? At this stage of the season, we need to start taking risks or he will not play this season and therefore I would get him on the bench and look to give him 15 minutes or so; With Suso also back, we have plenty of options in the wide positions.

Guess The Crowd

I don't think he is playing as badly as some folk are making out. Obviously expectations are high given what he has shown this season, but he isn't going to be able to waltz past defenders every time he gets the ball, as we don't play Hibs every week. It's his decision making that needs to improve. i.e. when he is double teamed, pass it more often than not, or if he is one on one then try to take the guy on. I thought his control and first touch of chipped or long balls were superb yesterday. I'm always disappointed to see him going off because he has that spark of genius that can give us something special and make a difference in a tight match.

Agree completely, I thought he was fine yesterday.

The Marooney Meister

Also I think it's no co-incidence his form has dipped a little as the pitches are starting to cut up bad.

More than most, he relies on having 2 quick feet and moves the ball from one to another whilst beating defenders.

Now that gets very hard to do unless your Messi on the current pitch surfaces. As said earlier he just need to simply it a little and experience will teach him that. One of our best prospects in many, many a year!

I usually don't jump to criticise Csaba but I am definitely a lot happier with JJ speaking to Temps than Csaba.

Think JJ knows what to say to Temps and how to say it - reckon Csaba may have put him down publicly or dropped him for Obua which is clearly not going to help.

Speaking of which, good to see Glen more involved, especially after his miss in the derby. Slowly but surely we may see him bounce back :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think that his is just trying a bit too hard at the moment. When he first came in, he'd do a few things wrong, but keep coming back. Now he seems impatient, puts in poor tackles if he loses the ball etc etc.

The thing is if it goes wrong against a defender sometimes, it doesn't really matter. It just has to go right 2 or 3 times and that can be enough.

He's getting double or triple coverage now, so Hearts as well as Temps have to figure out how to make that work for us.

I usually don't jump to criticise Csaba but I am definitely a lot happier with JJ speaking to Temps than Csaba.

Think JJ knows what to say to Temps and how to say it - reckon Csaba may have put him down publicly or dropped him for Obua which is clearly not going to help.

Speaking of which, good to see Glen more involved, especially after his miss in the derby. Slowly but surely we may see him bounce back :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Probably more of a coincidence than anything but his last 3 sub performances, he has come on at 0-0 twice and 1-0 down, and we've won all three games.

pettigrewsstylist

I really hope we get to see Temps and Driver either side of Kyle this season. I can see both of them providing the big man with some good service. Temps crossing from the right to kyle with Driver coming in from the wing to tuck in any over-hit crosses would have a lot of mileage. I can also see them switching wings so that they can both cut in and shoot on their respective good feet.

Me also ,,cant understand why it isnt feted more in public

He'll be fine. He just needs a goal to kickstart him at the moment.

The problem is the hype, every team try to stifle him and if Skacel isn't playing, it is particularly easy for opposition teams to double up on him.

Not worried about him in the slightest and he would still be on my team sheet.

Really, if the opposition are doubling up on him, he's already doing a job just keeping two of them busy. It's up to the other players to exploit the extra space - something that Wallace can do by going beyond Temps, and that Skacel can do from playing alongside.

Have spoken to someone who knows him very well. Temps says he loves it at Hearts as JJ tells him every time he gets the ball just run and beat people as you have the skill and ability to beat anyone. Temps says it is refreshing as its what he loves doing where as last year, under Laszlo, it was always safety first.

JJ will tell him more of the same. Sat was a hard game at Tynie for any flair players.It was a midfield battle with not much space. Even Rangers started with Weiss on the bench who has been really impressive for them lately. Wed will be totally different as Celtic park is more open and Temps will be able to find more space.

Have spoken to someone who knows him very well. Temps says he loves it at Hearts as JJ tells him every time he gets the ball just run and beat people as you have the skill and ability to beat anyone. Temps says it is refreshing as its what he loves doing where as last year, under Laszlo, it was always safety first.

JJ will tell him more of the same. Sat was a hard game at Tynie for any flair players.It was a midfield battle with not much space. Even Rangers started with Weiss on the bench who has been really impressive for them lately. Wed will be totally different as Celtic park is more open and Temps will be able to find more space.

Spot on.

Tynie pitch wasn't the best on Saturday but have you noticed the state of the other SPL pitches - they all seem to have taken a right turn for the worse.

Spot on.

Tynie pitch wasn't the best on Saturday but have you noticed the state of the other SPL pitches - they all seem to have taken a right turn for the worse.

Its the undersoil heating that kills the pitches. Does something to the roots. Temps will still carry a threat on any pitch as he has the quickness of foot to react to bobbles and errant bounces. He will still be a huge player for us no matter what pitch he plays on.

Spot on.

Darkheid looked terrible on Sportscene last night. There was nae grass right doon the middle of the pitch! :huh:

Lynn :ninja:

Charlie-Brown

The recent terrible weather of repeated snow, ice, thaw, snow, ice, thaw, severe-frost etc will have ruined most pitches over the winter - we only have to hope the worst of the wintry weather is now behind us for this season.

Archived